forum

Stuck at my rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shakey
Ok i recently got tablet (almost 1 month) And i just cant seem to get out of rank 40k. Im currently at 42k and it just takes forever. If i complete a song and get a 100PP+ play (my 3rd or 4th highest) and i only go up 500-600ish ranks atthough it takes me a good 100+ tries. I just feel like its taking longer than it should to rankup. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like ive hit a wall
Yuudachi-kun
FC more and stop whinging that you can't gain ranks when you don't FC some 4.3 star song in 2 tries.
Vuelo Eluko
ONLY 500-600 RANKS DAMN!!!! WHY EVEN PLAY FOR THOSE PEANUTS!!
cheezstik
Try going for lower pp plays, in the time you get a 100+ play, you might be able to get like 3-4+ 80-90pp scores, which will result in more rank overall. Obviously when weighting affects you more you won't be able to do this, but judging by your top ranks, this should still be viable for now.
trebby
"Only 500-600ish ranks"
(._. )
E m i
OD9
preferably ~200bpm OD9
Yuudachi-kun

CuboidBeats wrote:

"Only 500-600ish ranks"
(._. )
I remember those days.
Bauxe
I GOT A TABLET WHY CANT I INSTANTLY GET INTO THE TOP 1K PLAYERS HELP :(
Topic Starter
Shakey

Bauxe wrote:

I GOT A TABLET WHY CANT I INSTANTLY GET INTO THE TOP 1K PLAYERS HELP :(
That wasn't really necessary, nor was i implying that. I just felt like i was ranking up slowly for my rank.
JonQuy
Oi, you better not take your ability to gain ranks easily for granted. I've been here for months :^)
ZenithPhantasm
Play. Alot. More.
pandaBee
Skill > rank
Just practice to improve and the FCs and pp will come naturally.

If you really want to farm pp though you certainly shouldn't waste 100 tries for a single FC at your level. I'd say play maps that you can FC in 5 tries or less. Raise the overall average of your scores and get some good practice in at the same time.
Yuudachi-kun

JonQuy wrote:

Oi, you better not take your ability to gain ranks easily for granted. I've been here for months :^)
I know I did.

And do.
FieryLight

Purest wrote:

Ok i recently got tablet (almost 1 month) And i just cant seem to get out of rank 40k. Im currently at 42k and it just takes forever. If i complete a song and get a 100PP+ play (my 3rd or 4th highest) and i only go up 500-600ish ranks atthough it takes me a good 100+ tries. I just feel like its taking longer than it should to rankup. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like ive hit a wall
I read somewhere that in a recent study, people couldn't properly identify how good they were. Surveyors offered $100 to anyone who could properly identify how good they were in relation to other people, but only a very small percentage could. Most thought they were at least "slightly better" than the typical new player when they themselves were new to the game.

If you are truly in line with ranking up as fast as you "should" then you shouldn't be passing anyone (other than those who've quit) because your progression rate should be in line with everyone else's. In other words, if you should never rank up, only pp up (ha, pokemon reference).
pandaBee

FieryLight wrote:

I read somewhere that in a recent study, people couldn't properly identify how good they were. Surveyors offered $100 to anyone who could properly identify how good they were in relation to other people, but only a very small percentage could. Most thought they were at least "slightly better" than the typical new player when they themselves were new to the game.

If you are truly in line with ranking up as fast as you "should" then you shouldn't be passing anyone (other than those who've quit) because your progression rate should be in line with everyone else's. In other words, if you should never rank up, only pp up (ha, pokemon reference).
And this was for osu?
Also that comparison doesn't quite work here because even assuming that everyone has the same ability to progress then you have things like equipment and time invested that you're completely ignoring.
E m i

FieryLight wrote:

how good they were.
but he didn't say anything about how good he is

Purest wrote:

I just feel like its taking longer than it should to rankup
FieryLight

pandaBee wrote:

FieryLight wrote:

And this was for osu?
Also that comparison doesn't quite work here because even assuming that everyone has the same ability to progress then you have things like equipment and time invested that you're completely ignoring.
No, of course not, they just had some simple test game for their survey. And yeah, I hadn't thought about those things but my point still holds, people keep thinking they aren't progressing but they need to see that other people are progressing with them and that they are only so special

[ Momiji ] wrote:

FieryLight wrote:

how good they were.
but he didn't say anything about how good he is

Purest wrote:

I just feel like its taking longer than it should to rankup
Yeah, but what I meant was "how good they were in relation to other people" and if that's not about ranks and ranking up, I don't know what is =P
Noobsicle
plz enjoy game
Synpoo
DT AR7 pony maps and fly away on a rocketship
Vuelo Eluko

Synpoo wrote:

rocketship
LET'S GO!!!!!

pandaBee

Noobsicle wrote:

plz enjoy game
Since when was osu supposed to be fun? Clicking circles is super srs business.
piruchan
After seeing your top ranks, I suggest you to do this.

cheezstik wrote:

Try going for lower pp plays, in the time you get a 100+ play, you might be able to get like 3-4+ 80-90pp scores, which will result in more rank overall. Obviously when weighting affects you more you won't be able to do this, but judging by your top ranks, this should still be viable for now.
You can pick maps from my top ranks and FC them, it's filled with almost everything from 97pp to 77pp.

And

Noobsicle wrote:

plz enjoy game
Topic Starter
Shakey

piruchan wrote:

After seeing your top ranks, I suggest you to do this.

cheezstik wrote:

You can pick maps from my top ranks and FC them, it's filled with almost everything from 97pp to 77pp.

And

Noobsicle wrote:

plz enjoy game
Thankyou all of you. I took your advice and i managed to finish some 80-90 pp songs within a matter of tries :D Alot less stressful aswell. I'll try to enjoy the game rather than pp farming :)
[-Cloud-]

pandaBee wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

plz enjoy game
Since when was osu supposed to be fun? Clicking circles is super srs business.
It's fun til the tutorial is done. Then it's becoming serious business.
pola[r]is
basically you just want a steady rank up
if you look at your graph it's pre' good so keep it up

and enjoy the game when you get near rank 6k, that's the most important part.
if you don't you'll really hate it.
Synpoo

pola[r]is wrote:

and enjoy the game when you get near rank 6k, that's the most important part.
if you don't you'll really hate it.
can confirm that i really hate this game
Rise_old_1

rrtyui wrote:

plz enjoy game
and buy a fucking tablet
ZenithPhantasm

Rise wrote:

rrtyui wrote:

plz enjoy game
and buy a fucking tablet
winber1

peppy wrote:

fuck you
Vuelo Eluko

peppy wrote:

that was sarcasm
DahplA
If you wanna be a bitch If you wanna get more PP, play DT.
ZenithPhantasm

peppy wrote:

Shitpost 8-)
drum drum
oops