forum

[Archived] Changing username?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's any way to change the username without having to create a new account? I don't like mine anymore, I not even know what it's supposed to mean and it sounds retarded. I'd like to have the name Andii instead (if it's not taken yet), and I'm sure I'll be happy with that.

I was not able to find any option like that in the account settings...

I already asked peppy by sending a pm, but got no answer so far... So, does anybody know anything about that? Sorry if I'm stupid.
adam2046
You can not change your name except for certain (rare) exceptions.
You may not create a new account either as it clearly says when you create your account that you agree that it is your first and only account.
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
What about this line from the rules thread?

2. No frequent nick changing. Nick changing should be used rarely and with justification. Changing nicknames causes confusion and irritation. Changing your username to make a joke or circumvent a silencing will result in punitive measures.
I thoght that means it's possible... Or it was, but was changed?

I guess I should have been thinking more before creating an account...
adam2046
Changing nickname is only possible in IRC with an external client like mIRC or Mibbit.
It is not possible to change your actual username (forums, in game etc.) that way.
sheda
Oh wow, i've got the same problem. Just made my account and now i noticed the name's written small, though if i had known you can use capital letters i would of course have capitalized it. Hm... of course, i might create a new account if i can delete this one (i mean, just made it anyway).
But maybe it would really be easier just asking a mod or something.... oh well.
*will keep my eyes on this topic*
Randy96
You could always try to appeal to peppy, but you'd need a good reason.
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
Hm, having a stupid name that doesn't make any sense is not a good enough reason, is it?
Randy96
I hear donating boosts your chances of changing your username by a large margin.
Derekku

Randy96 wrote:

I hear donating boosts your chances of changing your username by a large margin.
Possibly, and I believe that peppy has been a bit lenient with new accounts, so I guess we'll see what happens. :p
Topic Starter
WiiAndii

Randy96 wrote:

lol, I thought about that, too. :lol: Well, I wanted to donate anyway sometime, so maybe...
Ulrika Myberg
can i change my username to Nokome chocolat it's not taken??
Nathanael

Ulrika Myberg wrote:

can i change my username to Nokome chocolat it's not taken??
What a necro bump.
Be an osu!supporter and you'll be able to change your username once. (details)
Jumble007
If I've asked for my username to be reverted, can I ask for it to be changed again (If I give the reason why I want it changed)?
7ambda

Jumble007 wrote:

If I've asked for my username to be reverted, can I ask for it to be changed again (If I give the reason why I want it changed)?
Wow, you just gravedigged an old thread.
FuruyaNeko98
Can i change my username to xXFuruyaXx pls?
VeilStar

FuruyaNeko98 wrote:

Can i change my username to xXFuruyaXx pls?
t/208267
  1. Can I request a name change?

Locking this to avoid further pointless bumping. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.