Have any of you heard of Cytus?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Navizel
Trash Boat
Yep, its good
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I got so attached to that game after a week since I installed it. It's one of the best games for mobile imo. (^ω^)
Athrun

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

I got so attached to that game after a week since I installed it. It's one of the best games for mobile imo. (^ω^)
No love for DJ Max Technika q.
And Dynamix :(

But cytus is good :D
kaetwo

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

technika love here. i can't play tQ on my ipad though, its unstable and laggy, but i usually go to my local arcade to play technika 3 :)

also cytus has a pretty good collection of songs imo and it's easy to learn
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool
I'm glad to see that all of you like the game. :)

So, any of you have a favorite chapter in Cytus? Personally, my favorite chapter is Chapter 6: The Lost, and my favorite song from that chapter is Selfish Gene. 2nd favorite being Bloody Purity.
Athrun
Favourites

1. Holy Knight
2. Qualia
3. Oriens
domSaur
the only songs i like(and play) are COMA(must i explain?), restrospective and Otome :c
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Favourites

1. Holy Knight
2. Qualia
3. Oriens
Ah, those are great songs. Especially Holy Knight.

domSaur wrote:

the only songs i like(and play) are COMA(must i explain?), restrospective and Otome :c
Play more songs. DRG! Ververg! Holy Knight! It's A Wonderful World! So many songs! WHERE THE HAY ARE ICE'S SONGS? Precipitation! Entrance! L! D:

Oh wait, L2B is the hardest song in Cytus. Nevermind.
Athrun
Its funny how when I'm playing cytus on the bus back home from school. I'm just flicking my fingers up and down and everyone is staring at what im playing.

Rayark are also releasing implosion in April this year. Can't wait :D
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Its funny how when I'm playing cytus on the bus back home from school. I'm just flicking my fingers up and down and everyone is staring at what im playing.

Rayark are also releasing implosion in April this year. Can't wait :D
If I wasn't homeschooled, I'd probably be impressing everyone by tapping circles on the bus too. XD

Also, yay! Implosion!

On another note, have you heard of Deemo? I haven't bought it yet, but I hear it focuses almost entirely on piano. And everyone loves piano, right? It's also made by Rayark. :P
Nakano Itsuki
Deemo is great, as it is a bit easier to learn.
Dynamix, as a mix of CTB and Mania, is great as well. (The developer is an osu player as well lol)

Best song in Cytus (and probably my favourite):
Freedom Dive.

/me runs
FlorianWitt
I have installed both Cytus and Deemo on my Tablet (bigger screen makes it way easier :P), but i prefer Cytus.
My favourite song in Cytus is "Black Case".
MMzz
Game is kinda "meh". It just has a glorified soundtrack.

1. The designers did not think about where your hands are while hitting patterns, so you will have some invisible notes. Unless you strain yourself and play in an awkward position.
2. The timing and hitbox of regular notes is very easy (less strict than osu!), but the timing and hitbox of the sliding notes is near impossible and aggravating when they spam it and make you take sharp corners. So that makes no sense.
3. It is vertical DJMAX TECHNIKA.

Otome is the only fun song and only reason I have the game installed.
Zuikaku
Downloading Cytus atm :D
Looks good, 87 reviews and it has a 5 star rating, just wondering why I haven't ever heard of it :?:
ziin

Kaetwo wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

technika love here. i can't play tQ on my ipad though, its unstable and laggy, but i usually go to my local arcade to play technika 3 :)

also cytus has a pretty good collection of songs imo and it's easy to learn
Technika is ridiculously hard. I finally got to play it a couple weeks ago (after waiting for 4 years, even made 2 technika style beatmaps to tide me over). Jubeat was a much better game and I had a lot more fun playing it.

What I hated most about it (and osu really) is that it was very easy to fail a song and it was hard to find fun songs that weren't impossible.

Cytus and jubeat both do it right: you finish the song and you fail if you don't get 70% or something like that. IMO HP bar games don't have a place in arcades.
--Yuno_Gasai--
Had alot of fun with it but gets a bit old after a while without a large song database.
Topic Starter
CrystaltheCool
Game is kinda "meh". It just has a glorified soundtrack.

1. The designers did not think about where your hands are while hitting patterns, so you will have some invisible notes. Unless you strain yourself and play in an awkward position.
2. The timing and hitbox of regular notes is very easy (less strict than osu!), but the timing and hitbox of the sliding notes is near impossible and aggravating when they spam it and make you take sharp corners. So that makes no sense.
3. It is vertical DJMAX TECHNIKA.

Otome is the only fun song and only reason I have the game installed.
This is what MMmz said, and since I am on mobile I unfortunately cannot properly reply.

So to MMmz: Have you considered that YOU might be in the awkward position? Because only a few of the 15 or so Cytus players I know have experienced that issue, often fixed through more comfortable positioning. In other words: DON'T BREAK YOUR NECK. You can rest whatever device you have on your legs, and then relax and play. Unless you use an iPhone. In that case, then you're doomed because playing Cytus on an iPhone looks like the most uncomfortable thing I've seen.

Have you ever considered that sliders are difficult to add some challenge into the game?

I have never played DJMAX TECHNILOL, so no comment.

And there are plenty of fun songs. I like a bit of challenge. Challenge is fun. Haven't you ever tried out any songs beyond chapter 3? (with the exception of chapter 4 because chapter 4's songs suck lol)
miku18_old
(raises hand) filipino cytus player represent

I don't really get to play a lot of Cytus as of current, but I'm pretty much cool with it.
who's hype for the sacred story update over here lmao

Speaking of Implosion, it's already out in the App Store in case you're interested (runs)

CrystaltheCool wrote:

And there are plenty of fun songs. I like a bit of challenge. Challenge is fun. Haven't you ever tried out any songs beyond chapter 3? (with the exception of chapter 4 because chapter 4's songs suck lol)
but...... parousia in chapter 4 ;____; the song, a-ok, the chart... no comment??
lol it's ok, it's your preference and i respect that; i just really like parousia a whole lot
KinkiN
why we have 2 threads talking about cytus .....
Reva
I play Cytus as well and thanks to the "record" feature, I was able to upload it to YouTube some of my great plays. I'll share it to you guys because I'm a generous guy :P

The last song was played when I just arrived from basketball practice so getting a perfect was totally unexpected xD
miku18_old
[- Melqart -]
I like the game, I used to play it but deleted it because I didn't have enough space on my phone, I reinstalled it today again tho :p
Gumpy
Screen too small to play
[- Melqart -]

Gumpyyy wrote:

Screen too small to play
tru

still fun tho
-Platyken-
Cytus is an alright game. I've played it off and on for a good while. IMO, it's fun if you're bored. My current fav mobile rhythm game is DJ Max Ray. 8-)
KokoaCrunch
Cytus is fun but when you play it on a phone it's much more harder than playing on a tablet
-Platyken-

KokoaCrunch wrote:

Cytus is fun but when you play it on a phone it's much more harder than playing on a tablet
Funny, I have a harder time playing cytus on a tablet. :lol:
I guess it differs from person to person.
Kouya-
I really liked how they had so many great song packs for each of the chapters .

I really like how Cytus is a free app to download .

I really like the graphics .

I really like the game .
miku18_old

KokoaCrunch wrote:

Sad, but true. Especially with charts like the two halves of L2 ~Ascension~ and Freedom Dive...
Mafuuu
I played Cytus for awhile a few months back but I tap rambo so I couldn't really see the screen well. Been wanting to try playing again recently though.
Nuolong
I think it's fun, but I get bored really quickly.
I also play free version, and that 30 second wait time is the most annoying thing ever.
OsuSeulgiDragon
I played cytus before I met osu. Cytus was the first rhythm game I played.
And I got like A on freedom dive there but in osu i got D with no fail :(
But all in all if cytus was free for all devices and has more songs it'll make a lot of users play it.
EshkushMeh xD
Yup, it's a fun game. I got bored of it pretty quickly, though.
LukaXGAMErs
Yeah me too -_- I got bored, then I played deemo.. same developer
Vanilla-Chan
I just love that game, bought the full version even.
rogueshadow12
Yeah cytus is good. Great gameplay with lots of good songs (I think Masquerade by M2U's also there, a song I used to play a lot here in osu)
KatouMegumi
WHY FREEDOM DIVE ON CYTUS ARE MUCH DIFFICULT THAN OSU ONES?
kirueggy
Guys I finally Million Mastered FREEDOM DiVE on Easy on Cytus am I cool yet
Gumpy
I would love it, but I don't have a tablet so I can't.
show more