forum

Scrolling Speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erasome
Do you guys prefer to use it or no? I'm interested in osu!mania now, so I'm wondering if I should have the scaling on or off.

And out of curiosity, what key bindings do you use for 4k and 7k?
Prim
I always have bpm scaling off. I like to have a constant scroll speed throughout all the maps (aside from a few SV change maps)
and there's no need to memorize/calculate the scroll speed that I'm supposed to use to get the same result.

Also, you can check this thread for key bindings: t/127588

Edit:

Erasome wrote:

What speed do you use? :D
29~32
Bobbias
I also prefer to disable BPM scaling. I personally called peppy out for making BPM scaling the default because I personally believe it makes things harder for newcomers. With a fixed speed you don't have to worry about adjusting to deal with a different bpm all the time. You simply play and never worry about speed. I don't even look at the bpm of a song before playing it very often now.
Kamikaze
Fixed scroll speed is the only scroll speed you should ever use. /thread
gintoki147
BPM scaling works good if you play a single key mode.
I play 4k, 7k, 8k and my reading speed/skill level is different between each one, so yeah, it just doesn't work for me, but the idea is great.

In LR2 I only play 7k+1, so I use its BPM scalling setting (it's called Hi-speed Max there) and I like it.
Topic Starter
Erasome
Frustration

gintoki147 wrote:

I play 4k, 7k, 8k and my reading speed/skill level is different between each one, so yeah, it just doesn't work for me, but the idea is great.
Isn't it easier to remember what speed you use on each one(in your case 3 speeds if they all differ) than finding a speed in the keymode you're playing everytime you play a different map?
gintoki147

Frustration wrote:

gintoki147 wrote:

Isn't it easier to remember what speed you use on each one(in your case 3 speeds if they all differ) than finding a speed in the keymode you're playing everytime you play a different map?
Yes, that's what I said.
I disable BPM scaling in osu!mania because I play different keymodes here, and enable it in LR2 because I only play one keymode there.
Sorry if it sounded confusing. D:

Erasome wrote:

4K - 24~25
7K - 22~24
8K - 18~20 (I suck so bad at this)
Frustration
Oh whoops, i misread BPM scaling as non-BPM, my bad.
abraker

Erasome wrote:

I play fixed scroll speed:

• 30 for 1 star
    27 for 2 star.
    24 or 25 for 3 star or greater
This is applies to every keymode. I find it easier to have greater accuracy when the scroll speed as fast. So I go fast whenever my perceptual delay is low.
edisk

Erasome wrote:

Do you guys prefer to use it or no? I'm interested in osu!mania now, so I'm wondering if I should have the scaling on or off.

And out of curiosity, what key bindings do you use for 4k and 7k?
I'm fine with bpm scaling on or off, only difference is that for a beatmap that has too much of a bpm difference I'll have to adjust the speed with scaling on.
I change my keybinds a few times in a span of 2-3months.

Erasome wrote:

26~30 for all key modes, mostly 27 though.
ikzune
fixed, back to 30 sv for most things
ReTLoM
the Speed also depends on the Skin i use with a Big one i can go up to 30 smaller one i use around 22-25. and i also use the fixed speed

My setup is:
7k sdf rAlt l;' (US-Layout) ralt because my space sucks :P
4k df jk
Hestia-
Fixed scroll speed is easiest because you don't have to change it for every map.

4k: dfjk and 27 speed
7k: sdf space jkl 24 speed