forum

xi - Blue Zenith

posted
Total Posts
show more
rizal12378
RIP angelsim ;-; the god of mouse player (actually loliXn is da bezt mouse player) LOL
Swiftrax

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

RLC's Extra

Misleading patterns, Mapping Quality

• A few kickslider patterns in this map are misleading. The kicksliders are used directly after a stream and with a stream following afterwards, so the players will think that there is an 1/4 gap after the kicksliders even though the spacing is relatively big. It's especially confusing since the streams start on blue ticks.
  1. 01:34:485 (9,1) -
  2. 01:39:285 (9,1) -

There are a few more questionable patterns in this map we would like to adress:
  3. 02:14:085 (4,1) - The jump between these objects is too huge and breaks the flow a lot. Players will have problems to play the stream (that requires relatively slow movement) properly after a huge 1/4-jump like this one.
  4. 04:01:635 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - These mid-stream jumps come rather unexpected after this intense section and have a poor flow to them. We would recommend you to avoid stream jumps here, or make them flow more smoothly.
FOUR DIMENSIONS

Sharp Stream Turns

• The sharp stream turns used in the very high-spaced streams don't play well and are difficult to read. Some of them also happen on blue ticks, which makes them more unintuitive to play, as the players will expect the stream turns on the stronger beats.
  1. 02:41:984 (3,4,5) -
  2. 02:46:259 (12,13,14) -
  3. 03:55:259 (4,5,6) -

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALLED IT.
*I wish it was still ranked, but w/e.* Good luck re-ranking it! :D

P.S. Is still an amazing map. It's so gr8 I r8 8/8 m8.
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
FOUR DIMENSIONS should be fixed, I'll fix RLC's diff soon. RLC's difficulty is also fixed.
Nathan
RLC diff

04:01:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream is still hella harsh. I'd make them all connect, because honestly having stream jumps at the very end of a diff when they never appeared previously is just like "fuk the player xd" damn it RLC

Also for the change you made on 02:14:085 (4,1,2,3,4,5), imo you nerfed it to the point where the spacing just feels cramped. Looking at the 1/4 sliders as 1/2 circles (since that is how they're played) the turn into the stream is actually pretty tight and sharp.

yeah let me know after
makemecool123
waiting for this to be ranked
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

sukiNathan wrote:

RLC diff

04:01:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream is still hella harsh. I'd make them all connect, because honestly having stream jumps at the very end of a diff when they never appeared previously is just like "fuk the player xd" damn it RLC

Also for the change you made on 02:14:085 (4,1,2,3,4,5), imo you nerfed it to the point where the spacing just feels cramped. Looking at the 1/4 sliders as 1/2 circles (since that is how they're played) the turn into the stream is actually pretty tight and sharp.

yeah let me know after
I fixed the first one, that was my bad, forgot it. As for the second one, I'm open for suggestions. I just used 0,8x spacing because it seems he used it on other streams aswell and that was the only way to get rid of the 1/4 jump and not overlap tons of objects at the same time.
Xilver15
Nathan
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Xilver wrote:

Requesting a name change from FOUR DIMENSIONS to Vertex before rerank pls
Requesting a name change from Xilver to Excalibur15 before top 10 pls

sukiNathan wrote:

Thank you so much Nathan! <3

Don't rank this without my permission again, thank you!
Yuii-
I don't know what I'm doing here.
Hello.
Amm... just a couple of things.

[Easy]

01:39:434 -
01:46:484 -
02:15:134 - Any reason for these green lines?

[Akasphyxia's Normal]

01:39:434 - Green line aaaaaa

02:28:334 (1) -
02:42:884 (1) -
03:28:334 (1) -
03:52:484 (1) - Are these NCs intended? Especially those 1/4, there are a lot of them throughout the map that are not being NC'd, so why these ones?

[Hard]

01:39:434 - :greenlines:

[RLC's Insane]

Widescreen Support option is toggle on :(

[RLC's Extra]

Why there are so many full whistles in the sliders? Some of them don't sound that good ;w;

1. 01:46:635 (2) - Can I suggest a Whistle on the slidertail? There's definitely a sound over there!
  2. 02:52:635 (9) - NC cause stanza bb.
[FREEDOM DI- FOUR DIMENSIONS]

1. 00:19:034 (1) - What about stacking this note with 00:18:284 (7) - ? This is sorta of a personal preference, but the fact that this stream is circular, and then you add a circle in a very linear way looks quite iugh hah. Let me explain you this better with a picture. http://puu.sh/jvcCj/1c82821c65.jpg . You could also move both 00:19:334 (3,5) - in order to make your pattern look more logical, as you are doing something similar with (4,6).
  2. 01:42:134 (1) - I'd use "Soft" instead. The actual Whistle sounds a bit loud for the music.
  3. 01:46:484 (1,2,3) - I want to talk about this pattern a bit. The spacing in (1,2) may be too big, but as this is has almost 7 stars I think it could be forgiven. However, I don't think that (3,4) should have a similar spacing. Additionally, (2) and (3) have the same sound, and for that reason, I'd strongly recommend you to copy the hitsounds from (2).
  4. 01:54:134 (4,6,8) - Aaa these finishes. Quite too much. Have you thought about Soft Whistles? I think they will sound way better. However, I think 03:03:734 (4,6,8) - it is intentional.
  5. 02:34:634 - DUDE THIS IS NICE. Very good work.
  6. 03:37:634 (1) - You should not add a New Combo here, especially because throughout all this section you are mapping 4-sliders-combo, so this will completely break with what you did previously.
  7. 03:42:734 (13) - NC this so the players will know about the 1/8?
  8. 03:43:334 (2,3,4) - I do understand the reason of emphasising (2,3)... but (3,4). It's not convincing me, it's quite exaggerated, in my opinion.
I love you, Jonny <3
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Yuii- wrote:

I don't know what I'm doing here.
Hello.
Amm... just a couple of things.

[Easy]

01:39:434 -
01:46:484 -
02:15:134 - Any reason for these green lines? Fixed all since they came from copier lol

[Akasphyxia's Normal]

01:39:434 - Green line aaaaaa Fix-desu

02:28:334 (1) -
02:42:884 (1) -
03:28:334 (1) -
03:52:484 (1) - Are these NCs intended? Especially those 1/4, there are a lot of them throughout the map that are not being NC'd, so why these ones? They are, it's for the sake of the SB, like in every other difficulty

[Hard]

01:39:434 - :greenlines: O fixed

[RLC's Insane]

Widescreen Support option is toggle on :( Nice, fixed

[RLC's Extra]

Why there are so many full whistles in the sliders? Some of them don't sound that good ;w; RLC's hitsound, so I'm going to keep them. They sound nice to me atleast :p

1. 01:46:635 (2) - Can I suggest a Whistle on the slidertail? There's definitely a sound over there! Ya added
  2. 02:52:635 (9) - NC cause stanza bb. Fixed
[FREEDOM DI- FOUR DIMENSIONS]

1. 00:19:034 (1) - What about stacking this note with 00:18:284 (7) - ? This is sorta of a personal preference, but the fact that this stream is circular, and then you add a circle in a very linear way looks quite iugh hah. Let me explain you this better with a picture. http://puu.sh/jvcCj/1c82821c65.jpg . You could also move both 00:19:334 (3,5) - in order to make your pattern look more logical, as you are doing something similar with (4,6). Could work, but the current one has a better transition to 2 imo. Will ask for opinions on this
  2. 01:42:134 (1) - I'd use "Soft" instead. The actual Whistle sounds a bit loud for the music. The sound is way, way too loud for a soft whistle imo, that's why the normal whistles. Personal preference I guess haha
  3. 01:46:484 (1,2,3) - I want to talk about this pattern a bit. The spacing in (1,2) may be too big, but as this is has almost 7 stars I think it could be forgiven. However, I don't think that (3,4) should have a similar spacing. Additionally, (2) and (3) have the same sound, and for that reason, I'd strongly recommend you to copy the hitsounds from (2). Nerfed the jump by like 0,25, shouldn't be an issue really since the AR is very supportive towards such patterns. I also fixed the hitsound yeah
  4. 01:54:134 (4,6,8) - Aaa these finishes. Quite too much. Have you thought about Soft Whistles? I think they will sound way better. However, I think 03:03:734 (4,6,8) - it is intentional. Wouldn't emphasize it enough with whistles so nah, personal stuff I guess c:
  5. 02:34:634 - DUDE THIS IS NICE. Very good work. Wow thanks!
  6. 03:37:634 (1) - You should not add a New Combo here, especially because throughout all this section you are mapping 4-sliders-combo, so this will completely break with what you did previously. Again, they're there for the sake of the SB, so keeping them
  7. 03:42:734 (13) - NC this so the players will know about the 1/8? The last one wasn't NC'd either so nah, would break consistency. Also the slider is so small, players can distinguish it solely from that imo
  8. 03:43:334 (2,3,4) - I do understand the reason of emphasising (2,3)... but (3,4). It's not convincing me, it's quite exaggerated, in my opinion. Ehh, the spacing should be fine considering how spaced the streams are here[
I love you, Jonny <3
Thanks a lot Yuii-! What a nice surprise mod. Will update when the ranking BN comes Updated!
Yuii-
After a small IRC mod~

Congratulations!! <3
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Yuii- wrote:

After a small IRC mod~

Congratulations!! <3

Thanks so much Yuii! You're awesome :D
Xilver15
Giralda
Grats on the requalify <33
Tarrasky
Congrats ^^
meii18
Regratz Asphyxia! ^^
Spaghetti

Mazzerin wrote:

unfuckingholy satan this map got butchered so hard its like chernobyl pre/post 86
Gratz!
Kotori-Chan
Finally >w</

wish i could hug you Asphyxia for mapping this wonderful song.

love it so much :333
Bearizm
holy shit yes
Lach
Hey, not a big deal but the genre should be Electronic (Instrumental) as this song was not featured on any video games. I trust you can change this yourself or any passing by QAT can fix it.
kalandrawow
Extending on the previous post, Blue Zenith was never on any BMS chart of any kind. The only song on the Parousia album that obtained a chart was, fittingly, Parousia itself. As such, this track has no relevance to any existing video game other than osu! proper. It was not released or used in any specific game; arguably any and all "from other rhythm games" tracks shouldn't be classified as Video Game either.
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
Thank you everyone!

My bad, I forgot to change the genre when I removed BMS from the source which was ages ago. Fixed now tho
Kimitakari
Asphyxia I'll hope that it will officially ranked! \(^O^)/
Hexas

Good one XD
toybot

Hexas wrote:

Good one XD
so salty they had to talk about it in their userpage
cr1mmy
ktgster's Extra
00:30:284 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - wtf spacing
blooming tea
Swiftrax

Hexas wrote:

Good one XD
This turn isn't even that bad. It isn't enough to derank this map again. The map will probably stay ranked.
Hexas

toybot wrote:

Hexas wrote:

Good one XD
so salty they had to talk about it in their userpage
PJSalt

Jokes aside, I always thought of blue zenith as a stream map, not a jump one with overlapping turns
Yuii-
dude

nice

congratulations, Jonny <3
meii18
You did it!

Congrats!
Spaghetti
ayy grats dad
Giralda

Yuii- wrote:

congratulations, Jonny <3
WHY IS HE ALLOWED TO CALL YOU THIS AND I CAN'T

Grats btw <3
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Hexas wrote:

Good one XD

Jokes aside, I always thought of blue zenith as a stream map, not a jump one with overlapping turns
The jumps aren't even hard anymore, and it's still a stream map. And that turn is very, very easy..

Thanks everyone, we got through!
KyoouN

so that just happened
cookiezi at his best..
Secretpipe
lol'd
hehedoge
If you're trying to FC this map, good luck lol. Streams are hard asf
hehedoge

TheCoon324 wrote:

so that just happened
cookiezi at his best..
Jesus almighty christ
B1rd
I see mappers like Blue Dragon are often demonised for mapping for difficulty, but what about this map? Seems that it has super mega spaced streams just to inflate the star rating so it is similar to Freedom Dive's FOUR DIMENSIONS.
show more