forum

[invalid] Ability to disable new volume level menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Simply put, an option to turn off the new volume menu and revert it to the previous style. During gameplay, I sometime tap my mouse wheel and the menu will appear, and due to the game bringing up this obnoxiously large menu taking up the bottom quarter of my screen, I fail due to a distraction.

Editing keys is not an option, nor is disabling the mouse wheel as I use that to navigate the menus.
Bara-
Oinari-sama
Use "Disable Mouse Wheel In Play Mode"? It only disables the wheel when game starts so you can still navigate at song select.
Zuune

Oinari-sama wrote:

Use "Disable Mouse Wheel In Play Mode"? It only disables the wheel when game starts so you can still navigate at song select.
That'll work~ Unless you want to change your volume while in-game, you can do Alt + Mousewheel (up or down) to change your volume even if the option is on. Tested it and works well. :D
Topic Starter
[Sean]

Oinari-sama wrote:

I'll repeat...
"Editing keys is not an option, nor is disabling the mouse wheel".

Zuune wrote:

That'll work~ Unless you want to change your volume while in-game, you can do Alt + Mousewheel (up or down) to change your volume even if the option is on. Tested it and works well. :D
Refer above.

baraatje123 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/1640
I requested this as it ignores the fact a mistake can be made during gameplay, and there's only one way to actually stop it, and that's something people like myself wouldn't want. I've got escape disabled on my keyboard for reasons outside of osu!, so re-enabling it becomes a redundancy. As I said, I use my mousewheel to navigate the menus, and that does include getting to the pause screen.

Having this marked as invalid not only pisses me off, but is another thing that pisses a mouse user off. Gotta love the community.