forum

Halozy - Deconstruction Star

posted
Total Posts
show more
Epiphany

Yuii- wrote:

To be honest, this map has plenty of inconsistencies regarding rhythm, spacing, stacks, NCs... everything. But one of the /main/ problems here is... 04:25:110 (1,2) - . The jump to (2) is just ridiculously high and unexpected, in all the previous sliders you left a couple of ms right after the following object. But here there's nothing. This is completely unfun and exaggerated. But as I said, some patterns are way too different and inconsistent from others, even when the music does not change at all. I have to agree with ktgster here.

honestly, i've played this map a couple times and never broke on those 2 repeats, if i broke, then earlier. those 2 clearly arent an issue, if they are, then you are not ready for this map in general.

edit: im totally fine when people mod maps that they cant really play themselves, but then atleast find real issues.
Lanturn
Grats! I have no chance of actually being able to play this, but the SB is amazing, and the vertical sliders are pretty cool. :D
Meg
HW is so cool!
Asahina Momoko

Meg wrote:

HW is so cool!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VINXIS

Meg wrote:

HW is so cool!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hehe

Meg wrote:

HW is so cool!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RikiH_
This is so cool :D
Kayano
nani
Bearizm
gh
[Shiny]
Very original sliders, very unique patterns.
Avishay

Kiyame wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

To be honest, this map has plenty of inconsistencies regarding rhythm, spacing, stacks, NCs... everything. But one of the /main/ problems here is... 04:25:110 (1,2) - . The jump to (2) is just ridiculously high and unexpected, in all the previous sliders you left a couple of ms right after the following object. But here there's nothing. This is completely unfun and exaggerated. But as I said, some patterns are way too different and inconsistent from others, even when the music does not change at all. I have to agree with ktgster here.

honestly, i've played this map a couple times and never broke on those 2 repeats, if i broke, then earlier. those 2 clearly arent an issue, if they are, then you are not ready for this map in general.

edit: im totally fine when people mod maps that they cant really play themselves, but then atleast find real issues.

Yuii- wrote:

You see, the deal is: As long as you have a big name around here you're allowed to do what the fuck you want, even create retarded patterns, why you ask? Obviously some players will achieve playability with those patterns and might build some affection and start liking it because they can play it, while everyone else is welcome to eat cream.

A lot of BNs wouldn't even look or think about ranking or hell bubbling it before completely overhauling everything the system wants you to, unless you are goddamn known.
ac8129464363

Bearizm wrote:

gh
A Mystery

Avishay wrote:

You see, the deal is: As long as you have a big name around here you're allowed to do what the fuck you want, even create retarded patterns, why you ask? Obviously some players will achieve playability with those patterns and might build some affection and start liking it because they can play it, while everyone else is welcome to eat cream.

A lot of BNs wouldn't even look or think about ranking or hell bubbling it before completely overhauling everything the system wants you to, unless you are goddamn known.
Unfortunately this is true for the qualifying part, I just hope the QATs will look at it completely objectively.
Depths
Congrats HW!
Lach
this is bait
Bearizm

Lach wrote:

this is bait
tbh
Luel Roseline

?!?!?
Kayla
Its a shame that you made this map completely unplayable. Storyboard is so nice.

Auto plays it pretty nice.

Should not be ranked.
Jordan

Kayla wrote:

Its a shame that you made this map completely unplayable. Storyboard is so nice.

Should not be ranked.
It's a very very difficult map and it is playable if you're good enough. Not all maps are meant to be FCed by everyone. Challenges once in a while are fine.
Stjpa

Jordan wrote:

Kayla wrote:

Should not be ranked.
It's a very very difficult map and it is playable if you're good enough. Not all maps are meant to be FCed by everyone. Challenges once in a while are fine.
It's not like that we're getting a lot of unfc'able maps from Mazzerin or something...
Yauxo
It's not like we get shit on every map that's basically perfectly fine, yet there's no shit on the maps that'd need (to be) shit (on) to improve.

Edit: Well, looks like everything is perfectly rankable nowadays. I'd really like to know what kind of thought-process or flowchart you guys have when checking a map.
buny

everyone failing at end
LigerZero
done added in Discography
kneepel

Kayla wrote:

Should not be ranked.
found the guy who can't pass it
Artorias_DELETED
The argument of "it can't be passed, can't be FCed , so don't rank it" is insanely stupid and I can't believe people are still making that argument about maps that are just hard (mainly HW style hard, or hanzer )

If you don't wanna play it, don't play it. If you can't play it, don't play it. If someone wants to FC it when its ranked, or play it when its ranked, what is your fcking problem?

Anyways, I hope we see a lot of HW maps ranked, even if i can't play them, even if I don't agree with their style completely.
Nealth
nyan
Fatfan Kolek
I think i know why the red bar is there :V (it's a hacker btw)

Frans Bauer
Sorry, but how is this ranked? It goes against (almost) all the ranking criterias. There is little to no flow and repetative 2009 sliders... If it was submitted by anyone but HW it would not be ranked.
BRAH

marty45 wrote:

Sorry, but how is this ranked? It goes against (almost) all the ranking criterias. There is little to no flow and repetative 2009 sliders... If it was submitted by anyone but HW it would not be ranked.
Performance: 2,178pp (#38,969). you're not supposed to play this map.
you joined 2 years ago. in 2012

Why are you talking? kneusje
Okoratu
tfw it's 2014
ac8129464363
because it's 2015
Yuii-
damn time travel
it's really 2015? and still no flying cars!?
MCFLY, CONSIDER YOURSELF DEAD! YOU LIED TO ME
Ntasuto
You forgot to add "TAG4" to the diff name.
Gangsterkill
I really don't get how this Asymmetry gets DQ'd two times, but this goes unnoticed like it is perfectly fine *smh*
Yauxo

Gangsterkill wrote:

I really don't get how this Asymmetry gets DQ'd two times, but this goes unnoticed like it is perfectly fine *smh*
\QAT Magic/
-Makishima S-
TFW half of this topic is useless QQ "why is this ranked" blablabla "it's not rankable" blablabla... ffs, PROVE IT or just calm down.

Rustbell and many other good players already proved this map is perfectly playable.

Yet, people complain becouse [X] got DQ and this not.

You forgot one thing - with HW maps is same story like with Hanzer / fanzhen - you either love this unique mapping style or you completly hate on it.

Even as player who cannot play this map for shit, i don't find it unrankable at any point. If someone disagree - fuckin prove your point: post a freaking mod, post a (Standard) Ranking Criteria point what is broken. Can you? No?

Urgh............ no kds, just posting my 2 cents from facepalm on all of this QQ posts here.

On topic: Big gratz HW, you made it!
Mahogany
I'm just thinking people are more annoyed at the ranking system itself than they are at this map in particular. I don't think it's so much "I hate this map and don't want it to be ranked" but moreso "Why does this map get ranked when there are other maps that (this is the subjective part) deserve to be ranked more" -not my words, but it seems to be a general sentiment. Even if they don't realize it when they're saying it, it's part of the resentment.

I'd just like to ask all you people not to direct your anger towards the mappers themselves, rather direct it towards the system itself, so that the problems within it can be fixed, and NOT to direct your frustration towards the mappers, who, regardless of whether you like what they make or not, only want to create something that other people can enjoy.

That doesn't mean single out QAT members, though. They have good intentions too, even when DQing maps, they just want the maps to be high-quality and help them improve. Don't attack the people, please, just the system they're working with.
plsleaf
Congrats!
Yauxo

Mahogany wrote:

I'm just thinking people are more annoyed at the ranking system itself than they are at this map in particular. I don't think it's so much "I hate this map and don't want it to be ranked" but moreso "Why does this map get ranked when there are other maps that (this is the subjective part) deserve to be ranked more" -not my words, but it seems to be a general sentiment.
This is basically what Im about. We've had so many subjectively perfect maps which got dq'd many times because of subjective reasons/opinions that shouldnt lead to a dq in the first place.
If we were to take these subjective reasons/opinions and apply them to this map, we'd most likely end up in a dq loop.

QATs,
- Perhaps we should discuss some points and patterns of this map even more to make sure that the maps' quality is "top notch" and "flawless" before the map gets ranked?
- Many have already posted that they dont feel like the map is as intuitive as it could be, so maybe we should look into that?
- There have also been some unanswered questions (multiple, actually) in the thread. (As well as rather pointless answers on more critique) Why are these ignored? Is <no answer> a valid answer?

Anyway, as a few random examples, lets compare above disqualifications with these:
(I went through the map once and just wrote down whatever I could find. This is not an in-depth mod. These are basic examples)

-> Design: Only straight Sliders (north <-> south) being used. Is this creative or lazy?
-> Readability: 00:21:239 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1) - and 01:23:367 (2,1,2,3) - Isit a Slider, isit a Circle, when does what happen? (The second example is literally what got dq'd in the picture given)
-> Design: (01:35:949 (1,2,1,2,1) - and all similar) Is this fun and intuitive to play or just unnecessarily difficult?
-> Design: 01:40:594 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - Shouldnt the turns happen on the claps? (6 and 10 instead of 6 and 9)
-> Consistency: Like it's mapped at 01:52:981 (2) - and 02:45:626 (2) -
-> Design: 01:46:014 (1,2,1,2,3) - Shouldnt the spacing be equalized? If not, why not?
-> Readability: 02:28:593 (1,2,3,1) - Could the player mistake 02:28:981 (1) - as a part of the stream, like it's happening on 02:28:691 (2,3) - ?
-> Design/Consistency: 02:57:240 (1,2,1,2,1) - Suddenly this pattern's second streamjump is reversed. Could people misread that after various other similar (but not reversed) patterns?
-> Design: 04:29:369 (1,2,1,2,1) - Is it really a good idea to map Streamjumps like this?
-> Design: Is the movement on patterns like 04:49:013 (2,1) - or 04:49:787 (4,1) - really enjoyable?
(Im not gonna mention the "speedy" or "tricky" parts of this map. They'll talk for themselves)

Honestly, if you guys were to check this map the same way you checked others, this one wouldve been dq'd a long time ago. Multiple times probably. This map is just full of questionable things, how come this is just thrown into the ranked section like nobody even cared?

This is not against you HW, I dont care what your mapping style is. Im just kinda pissed about how DQs are handled nowadays. They're inconsistent as hell and it doesnt seem to improve much.

Though;
some words:

1. my mapping style: make objective sense, and not make your sense.

2. one can play a map well, but you can't. then you're just too weak.
1. This doesnt mean that youre free to map whatever and rank it whenever. There are still rules and guidelines on how you map has to be, in a general sense.
"Because your sense is stupid and mine isnt" doesnt make my maps rankable either, does it?

2. If I cant play a map because of its design, does that mean that Im not worthy enough of having an opinion? BNs are spread across all ranks - Does this mean that the higher rank BNs are much better than the lower ranked BNs? Is hvick a mapping god?

Some people's opinion on "You cant even play it, so why would you be able to have an opinion on that" isnt valid either. If I map a 12* Beatmap with various "creative Patterns", would noone be able to judge them besides me? Could I rank this straight away? Would that be okay?
In my case, probably not.
In some other peoples case, most likely ... apparently.

Why did I write this post again?
Bearizm
Honestly, Nobody could mod this due to how it's designed. it's just counter-intuitive and purely "creativity"; tho, all these 2009 sliders are hideous and idk why anyone would map this way.

QATs probably couldn't DQ due to them not being able to mod or come up with a solid objective reason.. whatever this is, it's definitely not a map. it's just objects being thrown at the screen with a storyboard, tho... I guess all maps are like that, but at least objects aren't thrown at aimlessly in other maps. Yeah u can stick to a gimmick, but when a gimmick involves 2009 vertical sliders, it becomes.... dull and uncreative.

from helix to this, is a massive disappointment uwu. Helix was a masterpiece.

[Taiga] wrote:

Even as player who cannot play this map for shit, i don't find it unrankable at any point. If someone disagree - fuckin prove your point: post a freaking mod, post a (Standard) Ranking Criteria point what is broken. Can you? No?
Having 0 unrankable issues in a map doesn't translate to quality. This is something most people look over for some odd reason.
show more