forum

[duplicate] [confirmed] [web] Mouse mid button not working properly on leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hemmi
Problem Details:
When I check the Leaderboards on the Osu! website and I want to check out a player's profile, I would like to open it in a new tab, using my mouse middle button. However, the way the website behaves is by opening the link in a new tab and changing the current page, which is not how it is supposed to work.

I'm using Google Chrome, and I didn't encounter this issue when I tried with IE . Apparently works as intended on Firefox too

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

No real need for one, anyone can do this at home

osu! version: Website issue
leepdesu
i can replicate

but isn't this intended?
Topic Starter
Hemmi

-LeeP- wrote:

i can replicate

but isn't this intended?
I'm almost certain it's not, why would one want to have two identical tabs? And on that precise part of the website?
Besides, it only does that with Chrome afaik, which goes towards the hypothesis of a bug.
VeilStar
I can replicate on Chrome.
It opens the player's profile in a new tab,
but it also changes the current tab to the player's profile instead of staying on the leaderboards page.

On Firefox it works as intended though. (Current tab stays on the leaderboards page.)

Edit: Add "[web]" to the title of the thread to tag the thread as a web issue?
Conor
Kyonko Hizara
Can replicate this in Chrome.
TheVileOne
I might be confused. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen.

1. Hover over profile link.
2. Middle click
3. Opens profile page in new tab.

Using google chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m
VeilStar

TheVileOne wrote:

I might be confused. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen.

VeilStar wrote:

It opens the player's profile in a new tab,
but it also changes the current tab to the player's profile instead of staying on the leaderboards page.

VeilStar wrote:

On Firefox it works as intended though. (Current tab stays on the leaderboards page.)
It's supposed to open a new tab with the link you scroll-clicked. However, it's supposed to stay on the current page on the current tab.
Instead it puts both your current tab on a player's profile AND also opens a new tab with the players profile.

Edit:
Went to the global rankings and scroll-clicked on WWW's name on both FireFox and Chrome.
TheVileOne
Confirmed. It is broken on the player leaderboards, but works on the beatmap leaderboards.
MillhioreF
Duplicate. A solution seems to have been provided in that thread, but was never implemented.
VeilStar

MillhioreF wrote:

Duplicate. A solution seems to have been provided in that thread, but was never implemented.
>a year ago
gudjab

*flies away*