forum

How good are 'normal pro' players?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nameless

Bauxe wrote:

The only normal pro is rank 1 8-) 8-) 8-)
rank #0*

In all seriousness, the definition of 'pro' here in osu! is debatable, mostly because it's highly opinionated if not completely opinionated.
I hope I worded that right.
woqx
I hope you're happy
Saphirshroom

woqx wrote:

I hope you're happy
It's the first time I've used my tablet to draw something.
Your face shall forever be remembered.
Yuudachi-kun

woqx wrote:

I hope you're happy
I am.
ZenithPhantasm

woqx wrote:

I hope you're happy
Nearly killed myself via drowning in orange juice when I saw your avatar.
God help my grammar.
winber1

woqx wrote:

I hope you're happy
where are the oversized boobs?
Conor

winber1 wrote:

where are the oversized boobs?
We all know that small boobs are the master race of all breasts.
E m i

Conor wrote:

We all know that small boobs are the master race of all breasts.
dung eater
no pro players in osu!

only casuals with a hobby they dedicate a lot of time into
Sh0keR

Minhtam wrote:

There are no osu professional players. Last I checked, nobody gets paid to play this game.
youtubers that play osu, like www
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

no pro players in osu!

only casuals with a hobby they dedicate a lot of time into
Yep
Nameless

woqx wrote:

I hope you're happy
Happiness is simply just an emotion. Nothing more, nothing less.
nrl

winber1 wrote:

it's cute when everyone has a anime girl loli as their profile picture when they obviously know they are not.
WINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIEWINNIE
thats me

Kheldragar wrote:

100-999 = pro
Disagree. I'm literally garbage at this game.
E m i
best friends in top ranks
Conor

Narrill wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

100-999 = pro
Disagree. I'm literally garbage at this game.
Can also confirm that I'm complete trash.
Yuudachi-kun

Conor wrote:

I'm talking about real gamemodes okay.
Conor

Kheldragar wrote:

Conor wrote:

It's still a number between 100 and 999. Fuck I'm mad you got me like that.
B1rd

Kheldragar wrote:

Conor wrote:

All the gamemods are real.

lol Conor, I was so pissed at you for complaining about being bad at 2xx rank a 50K pc, then I realise it was taiko.
Conor

B1rd wrote:

lol Conor, I was so pissed at you for complaining about being bad at 2xx rank a 50K pc, then I realise it was taiko.
I'm pissed at myself for being a casual Taiko pleb.
Akali

Kheldragar wrote:

100-999 = pro
1-99 = People who have sold their soul to Peppy
nonexistent - pro
1 - 1 000 000 - people playing a game without actual pro scene
Gretsch
I thought the question was how good are people who farm rank #1's on normal diff
B1rd
no one cares about the technical definition of 'pro'
Synpoo
does that mean we are all pros
Daborgia
as a reference of a german wow parody:

your rank < other ranks = Failbobs and sh***y noobies
your rank > other ranks = unemployed firetruckers
nrl
You've got those symbols backwards.
sayonara_sekai

Akali wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

100-999 = pro
nonexistent - pro
1 - 1 000 000 - people playing a game without actual pro scene
yeah I think rrtyui needs a "coach" to tell him to hit all the circles with good accuracy before he plays a map. then osu would be legit
nrl
"Pro scene" means monetary compensation.
sayonara_sekai
maybe to you
nrl
No, by definition.
sayonara_sekai
and which definition would that be? the modern smoke n mirrors riot gaymzzz "itz a real sport!!" definition or the age old pro = top player competing against other top players

needless to say the former is irrelevant as fuck
B1rd
pro by popular definition= someone really good at something.
nrl
A professional is defined as someone who is part of a profession. Profession is defined somewhat vaguely, but as far as I can see all definitions involve the mention of a vocation, job, or employment, all of which involve, implicitly or explicitly, an exchange of currency for labor. Thus, professionals are people who get paid to do something.

Naturally, popular definition is far more vague, as B1rd points out, but because he claimed that osu! doesn't have a "pro scene" we can assume that Akali was using the official definition. If you want to argue with him you have to use his definitions.
Synpoo
we should revolutionize osu! and start the pro scene Kappa
Upskirt

Kheldragar wrote:

100-999 = pro
They are no longer human. :^)
TakuMii

Minhtam wrote:

There are no osu professional players. Last I checked, nobody gets paid to play this game.
And that's where you're wrong. I'm not sure if you've heard of this website called Twitch, but there are a few people who play primarily osu! on there and get paid a fair amount of money for it.
bigfeh
Geez, now everybody's arguing on the very definition of professional and whether there are osu! professional players. Congratulations, way to miss the fucking point of the thread. Can we get back on topic here?
Gigo
I don't know why people wish to play dumb. Every fucking time someone mentions "pro", 1 million people will jump up and quickly enlighten us on what the dictionary has to say about it. Don't quote the technical definition of "professional" - nobody cares!

In osu, "pro" doesn't mean "someone who plays the game as a profession and gets paid for it". "Pro player" in osu means more or less "someone who is immensely better than you". It's all subjective and there is no clear-cut definition! A rank 100k may consider a rank 10k as "pro", while a rank 5k will think that only players from the top 10 are "pro".
B1rd

Gigo wrote:

I don't know why people wish to play dumb. Every fucking time someone mentions "pro", 1 million people will jump up and quickly enlighten us on what the dictionary has to say about it. Don't quote the technical definition of "professional" - nobody cares!

In osu, "pro" doesn't mean "someone who plays the game as a profession and gets paid for it". "Pro player" in osu means more or less "someone who is immensely better than you". It's all subjective and there is no clear-cut definition! A rank 100k may consider a rank 10k as "pro", while a rank 5k will think that only players from the top 10 are "pro".
Thankyou.
tecu

Gigo wrote:

"Pro player" in osu means more or less "someone who is immensely better than you". It's all subjective and there is no clear-cut definition! A rank 100k may consider a rank 10k as "pro", while a rank 5k will think that only players from the top 10 are "pro".
No.

Just no.

You just don't use the word "pro" to describe someone's skill level at anything. Unless you want to come across completely retarded or 15 years old, that is.
Gigo
Oh really? You might have to elaborate a little on why exactly "pro" can't describe skill level and what makes it such horrible word to be used in that sense? I'd be really interested to hear it.
show more