if you really want to improve your aim then edit maps to cs5 CS6+
fixed
Topic Starter
Rilene

Gumpyyy wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

if you really want to improve your aim then edit maps to cs5 CS6+
fixed
Done, wow, 4 miss, thanks for your advice. :)

Well, time to increase CS by 0.2
Mahogany
CS7 or quit

Yuudachi-kun

Sirade wrote:

Wow, 4 miss, time to FC it before you increase CS.
Topic Starter
Rilene

Kheldragar wrote:

Sirade wrote:

Wow, 4 miss, time to FC it before you increase CS.
Ok, will going to do, soon.

Mahoganytooth wrote:

CS7 or quit

Done, but not FC.

Still practicing...
gregest
I can't even pass that map
woqx

CptBlackBird wrote:

if you really want to improve your aim then edit maps to cs5 Cs6+
No

I know you're not serious (at least I hope so) but he seems to think this will actually help.
Yuudachi-kun

woqx wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

No

I know you're not serious (at least I hope so) but he seems to think this will actually help.
I thought editing maps to lower cs like 6 would be beneficial.
gregest

woqx wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

No

me or Gumpyyy? because I'm 100% serious
Topic Starter
Rilene

woqx wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

No

Well, it does but, I'm not going to always use high CS as aiming practice though.
Not sure are you meaning to me..

CptBlackBird wrote:

You sure? o.o
Or just a joke?

He passed, then nvm
gregest

Sirade wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

Is this a joke or not? '-'
okay,I passed it nvm
woqx
You don't get good aim by changing the CS, you get good aim by learning to consistently FC stuff. Of course it can help to edit maps but it's not necessary at all, especially if like OP you can't even handle CS4 properly.

I actually edit a lot of maps to CS5 OD10 because I really enjoy playing them, but find them too easy with the typical default settings (CS4 OD7).
Yuudachi-kun
What if you were editing maps to consistantly fc cs5 instead of cs4?
woqx
I understand your point but why edit to CS5 when you could just move to more difficult maps instead. In this case, OP can fullcombo Hards, why would he edit them to CS5? It's not gonna make him any better at playing Insanes, sure his aim will probably be less shaky but he still won't be able to hit harder jumps.
Obviously being able to play the same map at CS5 instead of CS4 means your aim is better, but is it really needed? Is it really the one thing you need to do to improve your aim? Personally, I don't think so.
gregest

woqx wrote:

I understand your point but why edit to CS5 when you could just move to more difficult maps instead. In this case, OP can fullcombo Hards, why would he edit them to CS5? It's not gonna make him any better at playing Insanes, sure his aim will probably be less shaky but he still won't be able to hit harder jumps.
Obviously being able to play the same map at CS5 instead of CS4 means your aim is better, but is it really needed? Is it really the one thing you need to do to improve your aim? Personally, I don't think so.
every pro says "use hr if you want to improve aim" and if a pro says something that's usually not shit
Yuudachi-kun

woqx wrote:

Here's a map I sliderbroke and got 90 before full combo on: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/509258?m=0

As I am right now I can't even get passed the jumps at around 90-120 in rhe song because of one miss. I could spam retry on it 30 times to get the FC, but that's not very fun and it's frustrating. What if I were to play other songs that I normally do around 5.1-5.4 for fc with cs 5 edited and then went back to this cs4 tv size?
woqx

CptBlackBird wrote:

every pro says "use hr if you want to improve aim" and if a pro says something that's usually not shit
I'm pretty sure every "pro" will tell you that thinking for yourself is better than blindly following other peoples advice. OP has 743pp and is getting Bs on 4* maps, do you seriously think HR is the best thing for him to do just because people have said it will improve aim?

Kheldragar wrote:

I could spam retry on it 30 times to get the FC, but that's not very fun and it's frustrating. What if I were to play other songs that I normally do around 5.1-5.4 for fc with cs 5 edited and then went back to this cs4 tv size?
Well I've always said that playing other maps around the same difficulty will help you much more than retrying something 30 times. What I don't know is if editing these other maps to CS5 will help more than playing them at CS4. I think CS5 is really more useful on easier things that you can already FC on CS4, which is probably why "pros" seem to use HR on things they would probably FC nomod. My my point is that it's not necessary to change CS, especially not for OP who is new to the game and will progress just fine if he plays without editing every single map.
Sojana
How to SS big black plz, I watched cookiezie stream and it lookz ez but then I fail, I can pass easy map on B but not big black wat do? Then I tryed freedom dive but I haz no streaming skillz.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96167 gud practise map on dt

Ppl told me to buy tableterino, I got one but I still can't stream 300bpm wat do?
gregest

Sojana wrote:

How to SS big black plz, I watched cookiezie stream and it lookz ez but then I fail, I can pass easy map on B but not big black wat do? Then I tryed freedom dive but I haz no streaming skillz.

Ppl told me to buy tableterino, I got one but I still can't stream 300bpm wat do?
please,everyone gave serious answer and not shit like you
woqx

Sojana wrote:

very creative, 10/10
Sojana

CptBlackBird wrote:

Sojana wrote:

please,everyone gave serious answer and not shit like you
lets see, how about....

play more....... the answer to every question here
gregest

Sojana wrote:

lets see, how about.... play more....... the answer to every question here
he asked about nf and ht not how to improve,read the post at least
Sojana
To be serious, if he has fun doing so let him do it. I do play ht 6-7 star maps too sometimes even tho I know for certain I can't do them. Does it matter? That's up to each yourself, some ppl play this game for ACC, some play it to get big PP scores (speak of dt 70% acc 200pp plays) some play it to SS every single map they play. It's completely up to, how and when u play a map. I can do B on a couple 5-5,5 star maps, I did FC a 4star map, yet I can't pass some 3,5star maps, does it matter? For me it doesn't, star difficulty is a rough measurement. I experiment a bit with them sometimes I feel like trying to FC something to get some pp. Sometimes I just wanna play something faster and see if I can pass that nasty 5 star map this time (even if it's only a B with 80% or smth like that). Sometimes I play freedom dive on ht even tho I always fail at the streams in the last part and my acc drops to 70% at the end of the song.

To the point: if u know what u have trouble with try play maps that include these aspects play them once, or twice a day... it's like learning a language.... if u repeat the same vowel (in this case pattern/map) u will improve at it no matter what. If I play a map everyday a couple times for 1-2 weeks I will ofc get better at it and eventually fc it.

I personaly try not to put any pressure on me and just play the damn game. Either I will fc it or not, not like it matters. Ranks are just numbers so is pp. Nobody gives a damn about your rank unless u are like top10.
Yuudachi-kun
I give a damn about some other people's ranks when they aren't top ten so your absolute statement is already wrong.
Sojana

Kheldragar wrote:

I give a damn about some other people's ranks when they aren't top ten so your absolute statement is already wrong.
I am sorry senpai, don't let the bad sprits hunt me now.
woqx
Sojana wrote:To be serious, if he has fun doing so let him do it. I do play ht 6-7 star maps too sometimes even tho I know for certain I can't do them. Does it matter? That's up to each yourself, some ppl play this game for ACC, some play it to get big PP scores (speak of dt 70% acc 200pp plays) some play it to SS every single map they play. It's completely up to, how and when u play a map. I can do B on a couple 5-5,5 star maps, I did FC a 4star map, yet I can't pass some 3,5star maps, does it matter? For me it doesn't, star difficulty is a rough measurement. I experiment a bit with them sometimes I feel like trying to FC something to get some pp. Sometimes I just wanna play something faster and see if I can pass that nasty 5 star map this time (even if it's only a B with 80% or smth like that). Sometimes I play freedom dive on ht even tho I always fail at the streams in the last part and my acc drops to 70% at the end of the song.

To the point: if u know what u have trouble with try play maps that include these aspects play them once, or twice a day... it's like learning a language.... if u repeat the same vowel (in this case pattern/map) u will improve at it no matter what. If I play a map everyday a couple times for 1-2 weeks I will ofc get better at it and eventually fc it.
I personaly try not to put any pressure on me and just play the damn game. Either I will fc it or not, not like it matters. Ranks are just numbers so is pp. Nobody gives a damn about your rank unless u are like top10.OP asked about advantages and disadvantages of using HT on difficult maps, your post doesn't answer his questions in any way.

Please enlighten us, why are you posting here?

nevermind
Sojana
Bcuz I am bored.
B1rd
Half time is my favourite mod. It's pretty much the opposite of double time, instead of making easy maps faster, its makes hard maps with hard patterns actually playable. I like playing stuff like Pluto, Atama no Taisou or Rainbow Dash etc. HT.
winber1
too lazy to read thread, so i'm just gonna say something.

HT lowers accuracy required to hit notes, so that would be a big no-no in terms of trying to get better, since most people feel accomplished by accuracy, not realizing the OD. Also, HT is similar to Easy in that it feels different than nomod (yes, i know it's faster/slower and it's a different mod, and that's not what i'm talking about you little shitboxes), and getting used to it basically requires you to adapt to something else that isn't really relevant in the game. If you want to play it, feel free to do it, but there really is not point in doing so in terms of improving and getting pp.

Nofail is a godsend, and you should pretty much always be using it as a tool to improve. What you play with nofail is up to you to decide if it's good for improving or not, but honestly nofail is an invaluable tool. Like all tools, it's for specific things, and it's not a solve all kind of solution, but you should know what kinds of map is even worth playing with Nofail. Playing something you can't even read with nofail is a waste of time.

But, the girl is still ugly, 3/10
Topic Starter
Rilene

winber1 wrote:

HT lowers accuracy required to hit notes, so that would be a big no-no in terms of trying to get better, since most people feel accomplished by accuracy, not realizing the OD. Also, HT is similar to Easy in that it feels different than nomod (yes, i know it's faster/slower and it's a different mod, and that's not what i'm talking about you little shitboxes), and getting used to it basically requires you to adapt to something else that isn't really relevant in the game. If you want to play it, feel free to do it, but there really is not point in doing so in terms of improving and getting pp.

Nofail is a godsend, and you should pretty much always be using it as a tool to improve. What you play with nofail is up to you to decide if it's good for improving or not, but honestly nofail is an invaluable tool. Like all tools, it's for specific things, and it's not a solve all kind of solution, but you should know what kinds of map is even worth playing with Nofail. Playing something you can't even read with nofail is a waste of time.

But, the girl is still ugly, 3/10
Hm.... Ok, I'll take that in mind.
Thanks. :D
B1rd

winber1 wrote:

But you're wrong I think, HT is excellent for teaching reading, and it still requires accuracy since it's harder to be accurate at a slower beat and lower AR. But you're right in that the current meta doesn't require good reading skills, you could get to #1 on nothing but AR10+, but if you want to be a good respected player like rrtyui and set scores on hard maps like Freedom Dive, Rainbow Dash, Atama no Taisou, Pluto etc. then you need good object density reading.
Purple
Most people will say you should strive play stuff you can get A's on with hard effort, but I think getting B's with effort is good as well
B1rd
A's or B's don't matter. No way I could get an A on World's End, it's still decent training.