forum

Just got my CTL 480, can't seem to find an area I'm used to

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu
Do you think you guys can post your area and I'll try them out? Maybe I'm used to one of yours :D
woqx
I doubt you can be used to any area if you have never used the device before.

Full area btw
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu
Actually, I never stated how long I've used it.

In th 4 hours I've had it, i've tried dozens of areas I think are suited for me, but I can't seem to grasp it.

Don't assume.
woqx

Nantakuuu wrote:

In th 4 hours I've had it, i've tried dozens of areas I think are suited for me, but I can't seem to grasp it.
This just proves my point.

Either way, you'll be amazed how fast you can get used to a setting if you stick to it instead of changing every 2 mins because it doesn't instantly feel natural
B1rd
set an area where you can reach the four corners of the osu! window without having to stretch. there you go.
Yaichii-kun
You could try the area that I'm using. I'm not really recommending it since it's really easy to get RSI. Well the whole game is giving me RSI already. But the area that I'm using is:

Topcorner: 0
Bottomcorner: 3500
Leftcorner: 0
Rightcorner: 5000

I'm playing Osu! on full screen on a 1920 x 1080 screen. This area is really small so you don't have to move your hand that much.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

set an area where you can reach the four corners of the osu! window without having to stretch. there you go.

Shit, I'm doing it wrong.
buny
unless you've used a tablet before, how can you be used to ANY area?
E m i
so is this stretching? (top left corner)
Yuudachi-kun
Some people REALLY LOVE their tablets.
E m i

i don't remember :oops:
Gumpy
Set an area get used to it. GO!
Dazdy_old
I personally use full area and a small osu! res. You just need to play around with settings until you find something you like, then keep using it until you get used to it.
Mahogany
I personally use 2x1.13 inches but you won't get used to anything if you keep switching. The advice posted earlier in this thread is pretty good, so that.
Saphirshroom

Nantakuuu wrote:

Actually, I never stated how long I've used it.

Don't assume.
Do what woqx suggested, his assumption was right.
jasian
16:9 Top:0 Bottom:4950 Left:0 Right:8800

You could try the area I'm using atm. I suck at this game though.
Nathan

B1rd wrote:

Nameless
You won't be used to an area instantly. Find an area you like and get used to it.
_Tyler
As far as setting area, I prefer to find what you can comfortably reach and then setting it a thousand counts wider and using forced proportions. If full area is too big for you, making your osu! window smaller opposed to changing active area is also a good option (but the circles can get pretty small).