forum

Eyes are getting tired after playing for a while.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lhijn
It's so strange, I don't mean that my eyes are tired because I play too much, they just get tired after playing for 30mins and then I'm having trouble with seeing the notes in time because everything's so blurry. I've already tried cold water or a break where I stand up and move around to get my blood cyrulated but nothing helps.
otoed1
It's possible your monitor is too bright, try turning down the brightness. I hate watching youtube without a color reversal add on to make it black, as the bright light hurts my eyes. Perhaps your problem is similar?
woqx
Maybe you need some sleep?
dung eater
maybe you need a crt 8-) my eyes never get tired on my crt

it might have something to do with lighting, having no direct light on the screen and having the screen be brighter than other stuff
Topic Starter
Lhijn

otoed1 wrote:

It's possible your monitor is too bright, try turning down the brightness. I hate watching youtube without a color reversal add on to make it black, as the bright light hurts my eyes. Perhaps your problem is similar?
hm, might be, at the moment my monitor is set on 100% brightness
edit: turned it down to 37 now, I'll check tomorrow how this will affect osu! need some sleep

woqx wrote:

Maybe you need some sleep?
i'm happy with my 6-8hrs of sleep
pandaBee

Hey_its_Neji wrote:

might be, at the moment my monitor is set on 100% brightness
That's like playing with a flashlight shining in your eyes.
Topic Starter
Lhijn

pandaBee wrote:

Hey_its_Neji wrote:

might be, at the moment my monitor is set on 100% brightness
That's like playing with a flashlight shining in your eyes.
it doesn't look that bright...when you look at it everyday. when i toggled it down it could barely see something

edit: will update tomorrow with results
Yakuyan
Just wondering, are you wearing contacts? If you wear contacts, they will naturally fog up and irritate your eyes when playing games like Osu. If you aren't wearing contacts, then your monitor is probably too bright.
7ambda

Hey_its_Neji wrote:

it doesn't look that bright...when you look at it everyday. when i toggled it down it could barely see something

Staring at 100% brightness everyday for long periods of time ruined your eyes. It's that simple.
Sero
You should try f.lux.
"...it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day", so playing is not as straining for your eyes.

If you configure it properly you'll never realize it's even on - I strongly recommend it.
Topic Starter
Lhijn

F1r3tar wrote:

Hey_its_Neji wrote:

Staring at 100% brightness everyday for long periods of time ruined your eyes. It's that simple.
tru, helped a lot, ty guys