forum

New way to organize beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
KoveGames
Before I explain.. why?
The users with a shared computer, or those that just want to hide their songs, would find this interesting. I, for myself, want to be able to do this.

There will be a thing called song packs. Those are in the Songs folder. You can switch between song folders in the options, changing the path of which the game searches for songs. This way we can do things like..

(Current Song Folder: Bob's Music) And there will be a dropdown bar. With Bob selected, Maria's music will not be seen or accessible in any way.

Unneccessary? Certainly, but I'd enjoy it. Also, with collections, the music can still get shown as soon as you launch song select. This can also make the All Songs category more organized.

You may not agree with this feature, but you do not have to use it. There are a few others that would also enjoy this feature.
Thanks! :D
Oinari-sama
I really don't see the need to hide local maps from other users. If you really don't want others seeing your maps, you can put the entire osu folder on a USB and just play from it.

For per-user collections/settings stored on the cloud: t/43186

Cloud Beatmap Storage: t/215117
Lubomir
Hello, I was told to necro this thread, post my idea and see if it lifts off. :?

I don't actually need per-person groups but a simple Hide feature.

I'd love to see an option to hide certain beatmaps so they don't show up when browsing.

There are some songs I'm already done with and it takes me really long to browse through the entire list to find a song that I actually want to play. There are some songs I automatically skip and I got the idea how nice it would be if they didn't even show up :D

Mind that I don't want to delete them, I still want to keep replays and I like to have a large collection - I just don't want to browse through it every time I'm looking for a song to play.

I imagine that a nice way to implement this could be to have it as a special collection called "Hidden", accessible through Collections menu that would have a special function to filter its songs from the list of all songs.
Or they could still be accessed as a dropdown option in the Group menu.

This would be useful for NSFW beatmaps as well! :oops: