forum

Sonic Colors

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seibei4211
Doesn't look anything like Sonic Unleashed to me. You can actually see more than 2 feet ahead of you in this game.
Krisom
I saw some gameplay videos.
Looks like I'll be buyin' a sonic game after all (Aside from onic 4, of course...).
<_< I'll wait for some reviews anyway, though
K2J
IGN gave both versions 8.5, citing difficulty spikes and, in the Wii version, the co-op mode, as being the only real bad points.

(DS)
(WII)

Text form:

DS Review
Wii Review
Topic Starter
Loginer
Been playing the Wii version for a few hours now. I agree with IGN for the most part, but the dialogue's a mixed bag; most of Eggman's PA announcements are hilarious, while almost everything that comes out of Sonic's mouth is unbearably cheesy.

And on the off chance anyone gives a crap, this game works great in Dolphin.
LuigiHann

K2J wrote:

MEANWHILE, IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE...

I swear to GOD. Yeah, yeah, I forgot to replace "DS" with "Game Gear Pro" or something but shut up.
King Koopa would be a better example

edit: no I don't care that your post was six months ago
K2J
Oh yeah! Speaking of that, you might not want to get the DS version; there's a lot more characters appearing in side missions. At least they're not in the main game.

Behon
Wait, do you play as Eggman's robots? How does that work?

And I've always thought pinning the blame on modern Sonic games sucking on the characters is retarded. I don't care which character I'm playing as or interacting with if the game is just plain good, and they are not.
awp
Yeah but the characters in Sonic games just make the game uncomfortable
Behon

awp wrote:

Yeah but the characters in Sonic games just make the game uncomfortable
Only if there's shitty romance or time travel involved.
awp
I've only played one sonic game with a cast of characters newer than Knuckles and it contained the former

oh wait I've also played sonic unleashed

chip didn't make the game uncomfortable he was just really fucking irritating
K2J
Plinkett-esque review:

(The prequel)
Lilac
Played the Wii version.

Let's just say it's not worth 70AUD.
Seibei4211
Why? Bad or short?
Lilac
Short, mainly.

I wish the story mode was co-op.
Seibei4211
Ok, cool. I'm ok with short, just so long as it's not bad, too.
K2J
Was the co-op section any good?
awp

Lilac wrote:

Short, mainly.
who here remembers how long it takes to play through Sonic 2

yeah, and it's still a really good game

Short's fine if it has the legendary replayability of something like Starfox 64
Behon
Beat it last night and really enjoyed it. Also reeeeeeeeally hoping this isn't a fluke, and Sega takes what worked in this game and expands on it for future Sonic titles.
Lilac

K2J wrote:

Was the co-op section any good?
No, it was hopeless.

That was probably the letdown of this game as well on top of it being too short.

As for replayability... Let's just say getting try to get all 180 red rings is good enough.
Ivalset
If the only flaw a recent sonic game has is being too short, it's a winner
K2J
Finished the Wii version. Took about 7 hours, I think.

A short review: it's a good game. It's still got a few hiccups, but it's miles ahead of what Sonic has been recently, even in Unleashed. There's even a little bit of momentum play in there (although not with rolling, just running). The gameplay is about 80-20 percent 2D/3D; the 3D sections are often "automatic" sections where you have to move forward and dodge obstacles. There were some unfair parts, especially in Planet Wisp, but they're conquerable. The story is slightly better than previous Sonic attempts, but falls short due to corny dialog (the characterization and voices are fine, but the actual jokes are horrible) - this isn't too much of a problem due to the cutscenes being skippable.

If you like Sonic in any way, I strongly suggest getting this if you can. It's not the old-school Sonic paradigm, but it's fast and fun, for the most part.
Ekaru

K2J wrote:

If you like Sonic in any way, I strongly suggest getting this if you can. It's not the old-school Sonic paradigm, but it's fast and fun, for the most part.
You forgot to mention Challenge Mode. It's a mode where you play through all of the standard Zones and all of their Acts one after another. There's even a scoreboard to encourage you to play through it multiple times, and when the game's so good it's not really a chore. It more than makes up for the lack of filler when it comes to replay value. Or you can just play through individual stages you liked. Either way works.

This game's awesome, it's like they actually tried.
Mashley
After playing the first two worlds, I take back what I said before.
This is actually a pretty good game!
purplepizza_old
I got this game for Christmas but I suck... Mabye I don't play enough sonic :P
its a lot of fun but I cant past4-3
:evil: