forum

Panic! At The Disco - The Only Difference

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sushi
As I promised, you catched my attention

[Easy]
look at this spinner : 00:22:682 (1) and this one : 01:13:152 (1) . they are mapped on the same thing, with different timings. choose one.

[Normal]
Same thing as Easy. choose a timing for the two spinners.
02:45:799 (1) - start this 1/2 beay earlier, looks better

[Dusty's]
02:31:857 (4) - making this finish 1/2 beay later sounds really better.

[Insane]
curves!
nothing to say~

Hey, I really like the song and the map. I appreciate the work on the curves and all the stuff. Here's a star, your map deserves it
Topic Starter
Krisom

Sushi971 wrote:

As I promised, you catched my attention

[Easy]
look at this spinner : 00:22:682 (1) and this one : 01:13:152 (1) . they are mapped on the same thing, with different timings. choose one.
Made the first one start earlier

[Normal]
Same thing as Easy. choose a timing for the two spinners.
Same as normal, this time I made the first one look like the second one, though.
02:45:799 (1) - start this 1/2 beay earlier, looks better
True ;_;

[Insane]
curves!
nothing to say~

Hey, I really like the song and the map. I appreciate the work on the curves and all the stuff. Here's a star, your map deserves it
Thank you! ^^ !
ouranhshc
i couldn't find anything wrong >.<
Beuchi
Hi hi!! :)

Here are some suggestions for your map, you don't have to change them if you don't agree with me :P
Let's go!!

~All DIffs~
- I think you should change the combocolors... Blue and Red (this one not that much, but maybe because of the background) make a so weird contrast with the black approachcircle :/ and sometimes (like on Insane) it's hard to notice them. (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/11786)

~Easy~
- Add Dusty to Tags here~

01:13:152 (1) - Shorten 1/1 note. The next note is too close to the end of the spinner (Remember it's an Easy~ give newbies some time to recover x3)

~Normal~
02:02:917 (1) - Hmm... I'm not a fan of having jumps on Normal diffs...
02:05:741 (1) - ^
02:41:035 (1) - Flip vertically?

~Dusty's Hard~
00:03:446 (2) - Stack with (4,5,6) of the previous combo to not to make a jump on the same combo~
00:09:093 (2) - ^
02:45:976 (1) - I lol'd at timing sections.

~Insane~
- I'd say to decrease OD 1 tick... but meh, up to you xD

00:11:035 (3,4,5) - Center them with the slider (Yeah that's nazi I know ;w;)

Nice map!! *star*
Dusty
fixed & fixed & :p and some other stuff too

Download: Panic! At The Disco - The Only Difference (Krisom) [Dusty's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Krisom

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Hi hi!! :)

Here are some suggestions for your map, you don't have to change them if you don't agree with me :P
Let's go!!

~All DIffs~
- I think you should change the combocolors... Blue and Red (this one not that much, but maybe because of the background) make a so weird contrast with the black approachcircle :/ and sometimes (like on Insane) it's hard to notice them. (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/11786)
AAAH, It's just that I love the curent Red/Blue/Green/Yellow color scheme >_<"! I'll try with a light Blue, please give me feedback on this one. The red color may be changed later, I'm just not sure about it >_<"

~Easy~
- Add Dusty to Tags here~
Whoops :D

01:13:152 (1) - Shorten 1/1 note. The next note is too close to the end of the spinner (Remember it's an Easy~ give newbies some time to recover x3) >_< My bad. I don't like how it follows the music, but this easy is hard enough for an easy.

~Normal~
02:02:917 (1) - Hmm... I'm not a fan of having jumps on Normal diffs...
02:05:741 (1) - ^
Completely readeable, I suppose <_<, Not changed, sorry
02:41:035 (1) - Flip vertically? Not done D:

~Insane~
- I'd say to decrease OD 1 tick... but meh, up to you xD Actually, the OD was one grid higher when I submitted, I must say, I'mm a fan of high ODs DX!

00:11:035 (3,4,5) - Center them with the slider (Yeah that's nazi I know ;w;)They are centered. I alredy explained this. The stack makes it look better when playing when it's spaced like that. Don't worry, it is not nazi, but it's completely different when playing XD!

Nice map!! *star*
*Krisom eats beuchi star* Hmmm, tasty =3= Thanks Beuchi >w<!!!

Dusty wrote:

fixed & fixed & :p and some other stuff too
Added <3
Shinxyn
Dark circles hard to see ><! oh well~
>_> <_< be safe and add an approachcircle.png too?
/me sees extra space in tags for some reason

Easy-
00:53:741 (1) - I don't mind the claps that much, but... its the only ones like this on this diff...?
01:38:917 (1) - ....1/2 is early, 1/4 is late... eh.. not 1/6... end on 1/8??
02:09:976 (1) - have the end quieter? or nearly silence it...?
02:45:976 (1) - have is gradually silence instead of instantly? :S
~~ Fair enough, could use some more finishes near end

Normal-
00:10:152 (1) - clap here sound extra :< remove please
00:50:564 (1,2,3) - this part totally ruins this map's pace! xD
01:38:917 (1) - same as Easy ><?
02:45:799 (1) - ^
Fine, could also use finishes near end. (... like Insane has!)

Dusty's-
01:06:799 (4) - eh, this clap (at end) sounds out of place...? (try add custom whistle to start, no hitsound at end, and another whistle on next (1)?)
01:20:211 (4) - this clap also sounds out of place (maybe continue with more claps or just replace with whistle)
01:31:505 (4) - ^ same note, just flipped
lol @ end spinner
Great~

Insane-
00:36:270 (4,5,6) - add the custom whistles?... at least on 6 ><!
00:47:564 (4,5,6) - ^ (same for the next two kiai times...?)
01:38:917 (1) - same as Easy/Normal?
02:03:623 (3,4) - gah, make theses new combo or spread them out a bit so it's more visible (same colour sliders aren't easy to see ><)
02:45:799 (1) - same as Easy/Normal... just don't overdo it like Dusty's xD
Great~!

Hmm, yea, willing to bubble this~
jockeytiyan
Do Shin's mod first. Contact me if it's done. ^^
0_o
Easy
02:09:976 (1) - Shorten by 1/2 and remove the "whistle"? It sounds kinda weird ending where it does now.
02:21:270 (1) - This note is a little awkward since it feels like it should be 1/2 sooner. I know that it's Easy and you're trying to avoid offbeats but in this case the player has heard the chorus several times already so they would have a pretty good idea where to hit it. So I would move it 1/2 back and add a note at 02:21:623.
02:36:093 (1) - Maybe consider moving this from the centre? Newbies might have trouble with it since the hitburst from the spinner covers up the note. Not a huge deal though, so your call.

Dusty
01:56:035 (2) - This is quite hidden under the previous slider. I would suggest swapping 2 with 3, adjusting the next combos accordingly.

Everything else is pretty solid. Nice song too ^_^ Have a star.
Topic Starter
Krisom

Shinxyn wrote:

Dark circles hard to see ><! oh well~
>_> <_< be safe and add an approachcircle.png too?My bad, I must say I saw this coming >_<
Extra space? The full name of the song is "The Only Difference Between Matrydom and Suicide is Press Coverage", but I cannot add that long name. I've heard it as just "The Only Difference", though, so I added it like that... >_> Is that what you meant with "extra space, right?"

Easy-
00:53:741 (1) - I don't mind the claps that much, but... its the only ones like this on this diff...? <_< touché
01:38:917 (1) - ....1/2 is early, 1/4 is late... eh.. not 1/6... end on 1/8?? o_o
02:09:976 (1) - have the end quieter? or nearly silence it...? Done
02:45:976 (1) - have is gradually silence instead of instantly? :S Done
~~ Fair enough, could use some more finishes near end Added some <3

Normal-
00:10:152 (1) - clap here sound extra :< remove please I knew it >_<!"
00:50:564 (1,2,3) - this part totally ruins this map's pace! xD ...It does? How o_o" Please explain that to me Shinxyn-sama ;_;!
01:38:917 (1) - same as Easy ><? Technically, I could now say that I'm a pro, mapping on 1/8 :3
02:45:799 (1) - ^ Done
Fine, could also use finishes near end. (... like Insane has!) <3

Insane-
00:36:270 (4,5,6) - add the custom whistles?... at least on 6 ><! Done
00:47:564 (4,5,6) - ^ (same for the next two kiai times...?)
01:38:917 (1) - same as Easy/Normal?
02:03:623 (3,4) - gah, make theses new combo or spread them out a bit so it's more visible (same colour sliders aren't easy to see ><) Gah?! the hunky norwegalicous supermodel is here :D?! (I'm I the only one who sees the Fairly OddParens <_<?) Oh yeah, sone
02:45:799 (1) - same as Easy/Normal... just don't overdo it like Dusty's xD Ok XD!
Great~!

Hmm, yea, willing to bubble this~
Please wait until jockey mods this, also, I don't know what Dusty-sensei may do with his mods, so I'll just wait for now...

>_< Thank you shinxyn-sama orz

EDIT: More mods! Yay! I'll edit this when I'm finished with these and update again.

0_o wrote:

Easy
02:09:976 (1) - Shorten by 1/2 and remove the "whistle"? It sounds kinda weird ending where it does now. I'll wait on Shynxin-sama's opinion on this one. I'd keep it as it is, though.
02:21:270 (1) - This note is a little awkward since it feels like it should be 1/2 sooner. I know that it's Easy and you're trying to avoid offbeats but in this case the player has heard the chorus several times already so they would have a pretty good idea where to hit it. So I would move it 1/2 back and add a note at 02:21:623. Not done D:, sorry, this easy it's hard enough as it is now >_<
02:36:093 (1) - Maybe consider moving this from the centre? Newbies might have trouble with it since the hitburst from the spinner covers up the note. Not a huge deal though, so your call. Done

Everything else is pretty solid. Nice song too ^_^ Have a star.
Thank you ^^"! I'm glad you liked it!
Dusty

Krisom wrote:

Please wait until jockey mods this, also, I don't know what Dusty-sensei may do with his mods, so I'll just wait for now...
well, I fixed everything except the end slider

Download: Panic! At The Disco - The Only Difference (Krisom) [Dusty's Hard].osu
Shinxyn

Krisom wrote:

Shinxyn wrote:

Extra space? The full name of the song is "The Only Difference Between Matrydom and Suicide is Press Coverage", but I cannot add that long name. I've heard it as just "The Only Difference", though, so I added it like that... >_> Is that what you meant with "extra space, right?"
no, I literally meant there's an extra space- between "out" and "Between", no big deal, just something I saw at glance xD
Normal-
00:50:564 (1,2,3) - this part totally ruins this map's pace! xD ...It does? How o_o" Please explain that to me Shinxyn-sama ;_;! Ah, cuz the map was following a nice slow pace (notes were a beat apart), then here, suddenly it has beats 1/2 apart plus the non-distance-snap spacing, which was quite sudden :(
shinxyn-sama? D: what the?
Topic Starter
Krisom

Krisom wrote:

Shinxyn wrote:

no, I literally meant there's an extra space- between "out" and "Between", no big deal, just something I saw at glance xD
Will fix after jockey's mod. Promise D:!
Normal-
00:50:564 (1,2,3) - this part totally ruins this map's pace! xD ...It does? How o_o" Please explain that to me Shinxyn-sama ;_;! Ah, cuz the map was following a nice slow pace (notes were a beat apart), then here, suddenly it has beats 1/2 apart plus the non-distance-snap spacing, which was quite sudden :( Well, Im not really willing to change the 1/2 beat, but I suppose I could try harder at remaking that non-distance snap. Will fix after jockey's mod.
shinxyn-sama? D: what the?
sama orz

Dusty wrote:

well, I fixed everything except the end slider
Updated !!
jockeytiyan
Boo! XD

Skipped Dusty's diff btw. I don't think I'll mod it. D:
Topic Starter
Krisom
Updated. Fixed according to IRC modding by jockey :3
Shinxyn
^^~ Okay~
Gens
Really sorry I need to pop this.

1. I understand the short name, though I'm usually picky about capitalization. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic!_at_the_Disco tells me "At The" shouldn't be capitalized.
  2. Offset sounds more like 102.
Topic Starter
Krisom
Changed the artist name.
As jockey said that he was unsure about Gens' offset, I'll need another tester for the offset
EDIT: Used Ploy's offset, 106. I'd like to see if someone suggests another offset though, I'm not good at offsets so I can not tell D:

EDIT2:
So far, it's been
Gens: 102
Orion: 106
Jockey: 97
Lyby: 97
Yoshi:94
ztrot: 88
More testers pleeaseee >_<"!
Lybydose
I'm getting around 97 for the offset. 106 is definitely a bit late.
jockeytiyan

Krisom wrote:

105 for Gens...98 for jockey
Got 97, actually. Same as Lybydose. And Gens got 102. :P

I didn't have the message log though. D:
Cyclone
99 for sure.

Has anybody suggested a 2nd section at 02:35:400? That part feels late to me. May just be the way I'm listening to the music, who knows.
Topic Starter
Krisom
Thank you Cyclone-sama

So far, it's been
Gens: 102
Orion: 106
Cyclone: 99
Jockey: 97
Lyby: 97

Yoshi:94
ztrot: 88
So I'll probably be using something like 97-99, Uhhh, I also may add another timing section, who knows.
(Will kudosu when the changes are done, I was just quick-checking my maps now)

EDIT:So, I used 98 for the offset, just to make sure <_<, don't kill me please.
Uhh, I hope this is BAT ready now
Gens
kay. I was actually suggesting my offset for that part, hence why it's a little late. :P

Anyway, the offset difference doesn't seem to warrant a second timing section, even if it does sound a bit late. I don't think 5ms would be that noticeable... so I'm bubbling this.
ztrot
stack lvl fix and rank
jockeytiyan

Krisom wrote:

jockeytitan
oh come on...my name got spelled wrong again. ;_;