forum

[invalid] Supporter mode for spectator chat?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Not sure if this is the correct forum so sorry about that.

So if you have ever spectated someone famous like www for example you will see that the spectator chat is ALWAYS filled with "OMG PLAY BIG BLACK OMG OMG" or "PLEI AIRMAN PLES )" so it would be cool if it would be possible to enable "supporter mode" like subscriber mode on twitch so only people with supporter can chat during this mod enabled, of course it would be up to the player himself to enable this mode in options.

Thanks for listening :-)
Nathanael
It would be useless if all spectators are supporters... <.<
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Yes but a lot of them are not so it would at least make it a lot milder :| Another option is if the mods are much harsher on the silence compared to now, because in the current situation it just doesn't work... it's not a chat any more it's just a place for overload spam which might even cause trouble for bancho I guess :|
LexiaLovesU
I honestly don't see how this will stop spam please explain how only allowing supporters will stop spam
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Like I wrote above I don't think it will stop the spam completely but it will at least make it milder and maybe tolerable? I don't know since it hasn't been tested before. It's simply a suggestion not a permanent fix. I'm sure there are other ways to counter this as well but I haven't seen anything of that kind yet.

So yeah this will basically only make it "milder" it definitely won't disappear.
Nathanael
I would prefer having an option of hiding the messages of other spectators and leaving the message of the player who you are spectating visible.
You can't really stop people from chatting, but there is probably a way of hiding their messages (like the /ignore command).
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
"You can't really stop people from chatting" well if it was regular chatting then I wouldn't have a problem with it of course it's just that it's such extreme useless spam and no one is doing anything about it, it's not even possible to properly chat with the spam that's going on on these peoples spectator chats.

If it's not possible to do something like this I'd rather suggest harsher treatment against useless spam. If you block someone's messages you never know if you miss out on something when they are actually typing something proper which is kind of sad imo :/
Karuta-_old_1

Kenshin wrote:

you never know if you miss out on something when they are actually typing something proper which is kind of sad imo :/
I can safely tell you that you are not missing anything, most people are dead-quiet unless you ask something
Trash Boat
Kitsunemimi already requested something similar
Bara-
Why supporters only?
This is a terrible idea, 50% SPAM of Original SPAM is still a bucket full of SPAM
- Marco -
As i appreciate the idea of reducing the spam on #spectator i don't think this will work
jesse1412
What you really want to ask for is to let the person who is being spectated have an optional "friends only mode".
Bara-

jesus1412 wrote:

What you really want to ask for is to let the person who is being spectated have an optional "friends only mode".
Good idea
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

jesus1412 wrote:

Yeah that sounds about right. Good idea! Sad for those who aren't mutual with the players who are actually using the chat properly tho ;(
Flanster
Theres always the idea of slow mode.
Italo
It could be better if the player could have more rights on #spectator, like toggle something like the !moderated is or !friendsonly mode
Bara-
Why not let the spectated moderate the channel (and be able to 'silence' them for #spectator only)
No infringement is given this way though
Italo

baraatje123 wrote:

Why not let the spectated moderate the channel (and be able to 'silence' them for #spectator only)
No infringement is given this way though
That is quite same as I said before
Bara-
Lol
Forgot to quote your post for "more" detailed
Karuta-_old_1

LoliFlan wrote:

Theres always the idea of slow mode.
you mean putting a 5 second delay after 2 consecutive messages?

That works too
DragonSlayer96
Though I hate to say this, I don't think that will help much anyway. The idea of a slow mode might help, but having two spectator tabs open is more of a headache for the player, especially if it is someone who doesn't get a lot of spectators, they get quite a few from the song they are playing and people are hl them in both. With two, the spectators don't know what the others are saying and will probably cause more problems for the player.

I know for me I have literally stopped playing just from people spamming Dragon (i.e. Blue Dragon hl spam) and ds (i.e. #modhelp using it for a short way to say distance snap) because it annoys me that much and the hl spam makes me miss, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to disable the notifications because I have people occasionally message me when I am playing or when I have the game running but minimized.

Restricting it to friends would be helpful if you could do it after it hits like 10 spectators so that reduces spam there. For chatting, you can go down the road of having a tab dedicated for the spectators themselves that the player they are spectating cant see so - therefore - cant see the spam. You wont be able to really reduce spam though in #spectator because - when someone gets a #1 - people are going to say "OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG" "HOW DID YOU DO THAT" "PLAY THIS" "MARRY ME" (I have seen this one more than once) "ADD <insert mod here>" regardless of whether or not they are supporter. I have even seen ExGon with like 12 spectators have his #spectator tab blow up just because he got #1 on a song no one cared about. All but one or two of them were supporters.

It is a good idea to want to reduce spam, but you really can't fix that until people themselves want to stop spamming or get silenced from it.
PatZar

Italo wrote:

It could be better if the player could have more rights on #spectator, like toggle something like the !moderated is or !friendsonly mode
for me, its so unnecessary, for example
someone spectating you and your friend do, and then "someone" talking in #specatator after than, you sent like " toggle something like the !moderated is or !friendsonly mode "
well my point is, Don't ignore stranger, that stranger can be best friend for you :)
and also don't forget about dangerous of cyber crime!

and also !moderated is only chat moderator can talking/chatting
NeVMiku
In my opinion the friends only mode wouldn't work just because of the limited number of friends one can have.
Stefan
The core point of the request is reasonable but the idea doesn't help anyhow because supporters are the same bad in spamming than non-supporters. + that really shouldn't be a thing like on twitch you HAVE to be a subscriber to chat in someone's chat - even when it has a toggle. That is not good. p/3930360 is a much better idea and can help properly.

Marked as invalid.