forum

[resolved] I can't upload my beatmap!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Aura-
Problem Details:
Hi there! I'm having a problem uploading my beatmap, I've been working on it for two months and when I was going through the final stages to submit it, it says this beatmap isn't owned by you! Naturally I searched through the forums to identify the problem and I tried changing my beatmap ID to 0 and my beatmapsetID to -1. I also made sure that I was the creator under the metadata. I tried doing this to both difficulties that I made and it still says that it isn't owned by me! I am using a mac. Any thoughts on what I can do? Thank you for all your support!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
RvNovae
can you upload the folder please?

maybe i can have a look
Topic Starter
-Aura-
Im really not too sure how to do it. I've tried doing it within osu by going to songs and copying and pasting it, but it won't! I also tried doing it outside of osu by going to my applications and opening the package content on osu and going to songs and making a new folder and dragging and dropping it in there so I can put here and it still didn't work! Is there something I'm doing wrong?
VeilStar
Open a difficulty/map of the mapset in the editor, at the top left go to the first drop-down menu and click the 'export' button.
This will export the beatmap in a .osz file.
Upload that file to any file hosting site (puush, dropbox, zippyshare, whatever)
and post the link here, so that we can have a look what's wrong.
Topic Starter
-Aura-

VeilStar wrote:

Open a difficulty/map of the mapset in the editor, at the top left go to the first drop-down menu and click the 'export' button.
This will export the beatmap in a .osz file.
Upload that file to any file hosting site (puush, dropbox, zippyshare, whatever)
and post the link here, so that we can have a look what's wrong.
I tried that and it isn't working. It opened up a screen with all of my files, so I clicked on ''my computer'' and then clicked on driver.(:C)

After that, I clicked on ''program files'' where it led me to the osu application. I clicked on it, and it led me to where I found the exports. I clicked on that and I saw my osz file. I then tried to drag and drop it to dropbox, and it didn't work. I also tried copying and pasting to zippy share and it wouldn't let me.
Sorry it took so long to reply, I screenshot every step I went through, but its not letting me post the pictures on here either. Sorry for the trouble man, I'm usually very good at this stuff.
Topic Starter
-Aura-
Hey guys! I got back on it and it just worked all of the sudden! Thank you guys for taking the time to lead me through it and wanting to help so readily!
Nathanael
I hope more people would help around here in tech support. :)
Resolved!