community forum

How do you get full combo?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

zwoots wrote:

Typically it's advised to not miss notes but there's a second part to this that people don't tell you. See, there's a thing called a slider break, where you don't technically miss but you break combo anyway. You want to avoid both of this things simultaneously to successfully get a fc.
I didn't follow your advice and paid the price for 0 missing both of these maps.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/509258?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/391182?m=0

:cry:
Hey_its_Neji
just looked your profile up, you took a preeeeetty long break. just play more and you'll do it soon.
Topic Starter
Cyron
Thanks everyone for answers. I'll try not to care so much FCs, but it's sill annoying when I'm 90% through the song then suddenly FC gone.
sayonara_sekai
if you find out let me know
Mahogany
If it's about PP, you won't lose that much PP from missing right at the end due to how the system works. If you're just playing for FCs...eh...:(
Sojana

xVortexXz wrote:

Whenever I play a map I always mess up my combo, sometimes even before the end. I just get stressed when I see my combo, my arm strats to tense and then do something like pressing the button to early or missing the circle. or So how do you maintain full combo throughout a map. I can't full combo even 3star maps.
Shit+tab (disables interface)

I have the bad habbit at glancing at the clock, score % or w/e, I disabled it and now I have much less problems and could fc some maps I always got this random miss on bcuz I was distracted.
pandaBee
Feels good when you don't care about FC and just concentrate on accuracy. Game is a million times more fun that way. With that kind of mindset, your score/combo won't wreck your nerves either so it 's a win-win.
DahplA
You don't miss.
mashedpopoto

DahplA wrote:

You don't miss.
or slider break.

To the OP, it really is just a case of play more. Try to play maps that you find challenging but can still sustain a decent accuracy on (>97%+?); eventually something will click and the maps will be fc'ing themselves left right and center.
placeholder
click all the cirlces

good luck 8-)
zwoots
Usually when I equip the "Auto" mod I get full combos. Good Luck!!!
-Drake-
Christ the shitposting

Basically the best thing you can do is try to relax and stay calm. One thing you should avoid is spamming retry because you'll develop muscle memory to playing the map wrong, making it much harder to FC.
Bakanowy
Play until you get mad and then stop. Play different maps and then come back to it later. that's what i do atleast