forum

[resolved] [web] osu!direct Problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mist3rX
Hey, ever since I got a new PC and installed osu there, osu! direct hasnt been working for me on the website(ingame was fine).

I think the problem is because of the wrong osu! direct path, cause it has probably chosen the wrong path,but
I dont know how to correct the path and change it to the correct one.
Shouldnt be too hard to execute I just dont know how because there is no window where I can chose the path (Using Google Chrome)
Nathanael
What happens when you click the osu!direct button at the beatmap page?
Blaizer
Don't reinstall osu unless you've carefully backed up all your songs and .db files!
Topic Starter
Mist3rX
@Nathanael: When I click the osu direct button, the browser refreshes for a sec, but nothing happens !
And I think the problem is the browser and not osu! itself, because it works on firefox,because there I can change the osu! direct path

As you can see, in the firefox broswer there opens up such a window,where I can select the osu! path for osu! direct which doesnt happen in chrome.
Nathanael
Looks like Windows is reinstalled there (based on the directory itself).
Copy first the whole osu! client somewhere else (like "C:\Games\osu!") to avoid getting the old file permissions (which causes issues).
I experienced it a few weeks ago after I reinstalled Windows so just to be safe.

I guess the location at the url handler is different.
Topic Starter
Mist3rX
Ok, worked for me . Thanks for the help!
Nathanael
No problem. If you still have problems, you may create a new thread. ;)