community forum

Kido Ibuki & Yamazaki Erii - Pupa [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
42
Topic Starter
ikin5050
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 at 5:22:20 PM

Artist: Kido Ibuki & Yamazaki Erii
Title: Pupa
Source: pupa
Tags: Nardoxyribonucleic opening
BPM: 240
Filesize: 825kb
Play Time: 00:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2.08 stars, 78 notes)
  2. Ikoni (4.28 stars, 221 notes)
  3. Kantan (1.37 stars, 42 notes)
  4. Nardo's Muzukashii (2.53 stars, 103 notes)
  5. Nardo's Oni (3.59 stars, 168 notes)


Download: Kido Ibuki & Yamazaki Erii - Pupa
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
thanks to Nardoxyribonucleic for your guest difficulties! -> https://osu.ppy.sh/u/876419

I don't think this is overmapped...

The most interesting and terrible anime i've watched so far.. Why so short and why such a open ending?! D:

Took the mp3 from Asuna's map ( https://osu.ppy.sh/s/192208

Thanks to all the modders! This map wouldn't be good without you
FlamingRok
IntelliTroodon
Nitrousdragon
ghm12
JudgeTheDude
Genocide (baka)
Charlotte
mliencheng
Stefan
rhalp10
[Rei-tan]
-Sh1n1-
Konpaku Sariel
-H a y a-
FlamingRok
Hello, from my modding queue. You had highest priority, so yours will be first.

d=don
k=kat
D=large don
K=large kat

[General]
Nothing too serious, but you're going to want a Muzukashii difficulty in there for a smoother set.
You also need to set a preview point.

[Kantan]
00:01:069 (2) (3) Move these notes to 00:00:819 and 00:01:319 respectfully.
00:03:069 (6) Perhaps change to a k.
00:09:569 (2) ^
00:10:569 (4) Perhaps change to a d.
00:15:569 (3) (4) Change from k d to d k.
00:27:380 (26) Move this note to 00:27:192 .
00:27:567 Add a k here.
00:27:942 (27) Personal preference here, but this could be a K to match the ending note as well. The pitches don't seem to differ from each other during the ending.
Solid difficulty though.

[Futsuu]
00:00:569 (2) Change to a d.
00:02:069 (5) (6) (7) Change from d k d to k d k
00:03:069 (8) Change to a k and move to 00:02:944
00:03:319 (9) Change to a d.
00:03:694 (10) Change from D to k, this doesn't need emphasis.
00:04:069 (11) ^
00:04:819 (13) (14) Change from d k to k d.
00:05:569 (16) Change to a k.
00:06:069 (17) (18) (19) Change from d k d to k d k.
00:06:819 (20) Move note to 00:06:944 .
00:07:319 (21) Change to a k.
00:08:519 (23) ^
00:10:819 (30) Change to a d.
00:15:069 (3) (4) (5) Change from d d k to k k d.
00:16:069 (7) Change to a k.
00:18:069 (14) Change to a d.
00:20:069 (21) Change to a k.
00:20:319 Add a k here.
00:21:319 (24) Change to a d.
00:21:819 (26) ^
00:22:319 Add a k here.
00:23:442 (33) Change to a k.
00:23:817 (34) ^
00:24:192 (35) ^
00:24:942 (38) Change to a K.
00:25:505 (40) Change to a k.
00:25:880 (41) (42) Change from d k to k d.
00:26:442 (44) (45) Change from k d to d k.
00:27:380 (48) Change to a k.
00:27:942 (50) (51) Change from D K to K D.
00:28:692 (53) Change to a D.
Intimidating list, but I did still enjoy Futsuu

[Nardo's Oni]
00:01:819 (9) Change to a d.
00:02:194 (11) ^
00:03:569 (19) (20) Change from dk to kd.
00:04:194 (24) (25) ^
00:05:569 (31) (32) (33) Change from ddk to kkd.
00:06:444 (37) (38) Change from kd to dk.
00:07:569 (43) (44) Change from dk to kd.
00:09:694 (55) Change to a k.
00:12:319 (67) Change to a D.
00:12:819 (69) Change to a d.
00:13:194 (71) Change to a k.
00:16:069 (89) (90) (91) Change from dkk to kkd.
00:16:819 (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103)
I'd suggest changing to match this run (which means adding (104) as well).
00:22:319 (128) Change to a d and move to 00:22:194. The run feels incomplete without this I feel.
00:23:161 (134) Change to a d.
00:23:536 (137) ^
00:26:536 (157) ^
00:26:911 (160) ^
Very nice Oni difficulty Nardo!

That's all I can do, I apologize. The rest is on you guys to get this fun map ranked! Good luck!
Intelli
Hey, from the q

d = don
k = katsu
D = Big don
k = Big katsu

As always, my mods are subjective. It's you map bro.

Kantan:
  1. 00:14:569 (1-7) - D k K d D k or d

  2. 00:19:319 (9) - what teh heck were you thinking, satan. move 1 beat over XD

  3. 00:20:069 (10) - remove

  4. 00:25:692 (21-24) - if you're gonna keep crazy offbeat rhythms in a Kantan, try this for the 2nd half http://gyazo.com/39c000866ca8997c5c11d3d7b93b67f4 (21 is D)

  5. 00:22:505 (14) - Slider speed shouldn't speed up this much.

    Way too hard for a Kantan. Offbeats at that fast of a slider speed don't register for people that normally play Kantan. CHILL BRO.

Futsuu(calling it, gonna be too hard):
  1. 00:04:069 (11) - Move to the offbeat(red) before

  2. 00:07:569 (22) - Remove finish

  3. 00:09:569 (26) - add d

  4. 00:09:819 (27) *- k

  5. 00:18:069 (14) - D

  6. 00:22:505 (28) - No futsuu player has an idea how to read any of this. Maybe slow it.

*number after adding the d at 00:09:569

I liked this one alot more than Kantan, but still a little flawed.

Very nice, but you need to remember who you are mapping for. Nardo, for example, isn't the one that's gonna play your Kantan. It's gonna be a total noob who has a limited understanding of the usual Taiko patterns.

P.S. I looked at you Ikoni difficulty, and are you on meth? 250 notes crammed into 28 seconds good god.

P.P.S. dangit missed the first by 1/2 hour. stupid breakfast break ;-;
Topic Starter
ikin5050
Thanks for both your mods, i will be updating the map later today

ps. ikoni is supposed to be hard
Nardoxyribonucleic

FlamingRok wrote:

Hello, from my modding queue. You had highest priority, so yours will be first.

d=don
k=kat
D=large don
K=large kat

[General]
Nothing too serious, but you're going to want a Muzukashii difficulty in there for a smoother set.
You also need to set a preview point.

[Nardo's Oni]
00:01:819 (9) Change to a d. Retained for snare consistency.
00:02:194 (11) ^ The vocal pitch is high there.
00:03:569 (19) (20) Change from dk to kd. d k could fit the increasing vocal pitch.
00:04:194 (24) (25) ^ same as 00:01:819 (9)
00:05:569 (31) (32) (33) Change from ddk to kkd. ^
00:06:444 (37) (38) Change from kd to dk. Nope, the vocal pitch is decreasing.
00:07:569 (43) (44) Change from dk to kd. I think d k would follow the vocal in a way better.
00:09:694 (55) Change to a k. d would be fine due to the absence of high-pitched sound.
00:12:319 (67) Change to a D. It has the same vocal pitch as 00:11:569 (65) -
00:12:819 (69) Change to a d. k would result in a smoother flow imo.
00:13:194 (71) Change to a k. similar to ^
00:16:069 (89) (90) (91) Change from dkk to kkd. same as 00:03:569 (19) (20)
00:16:819 (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103)
I'd suggest changing to match this run (which means adding (104) as well). The current pattern could fit the vocal changes in a way better.
00:22:319 (128) Change to a d and move to 00:22:194. The run feels incomplete without this I feel. Keeping the k there could ensure hitsound consistency as 00:00:319 (1) -
00:23:161 (134) Change to a d. Again, k has a better flow here.
00:23:536 (137) ^ ^
00:26:536 (157) ^ ^
00:26:911 (160) ^ ^
Very nice Oni difficulty Nardo! Nice to hear that~

That's all I can do, I apologize. The rest is on you guys to get this fun map ranked! Good luck!
Thanks for your mod~
Topic Starter
ikin5050

FlamingRok wrote:

Hello, from my modding queue. You had highest priority, so yours will be first.

d=don
k=kat
D=large don
K=large kat

[General]
Nothing too serious, but you're going to want a Muzukashii difficulty in there for a smoother set.
You also need to set a preview point.

[Kantan]
00:01:069 (2) (3) Move these notes to 00:00:819 and 00:01:319 respectfully. done
00:03:069 (6) Perhaps change to a k. applied
00:09:569 (2) ^ agreed
00:10:569 (4) Perhaps change to a d. yus
00:15:569 (3) (4) Change from k d to d k. i suppose :P
00:27:380 (26) Move this note to 00:27:192 . k
00:27:567 Add a k here. yea with the previous change it makes sense
00:27:942 (27) Personal preference here, but this could be a K to match the ending note as well. The pitches don't seem to differ from each other during the ending. i disagree, this puts emphasis on the last note which is why they are not both K
Solid difficulty though.

[Futsuu]
00:00:569 (2) Change to a d. disagree
00:02:069 (5) (6) (7) Change from d k d to k d k
00:03:069 (8) Change to a k and move to 00:02:944
00:03:319 (9) Change to a d.
00:03:694 (10) Change from D to k, this doesn't need emphasis.
00:04:069 (11) ^
00:04:819 (13) (14) Change from d k to k d.
00:05:569 (16) Change to a k.
00:06:069 (17) (18) (19) Change from d k d to k d k.
00:06:819 (20) Move note to 00:06:944 .
00:07:319 (21) Change to a k.
00:08:519 (23) ^
00:10:819 (30) Change to a d.
00:15:069 (3) (4) (5) Change from d d k to k k d.
00:16:069 (7) Change to a k.
00:18:069 (14) Change to a d.
00:20:069 (21) Change to a k.
00:20:319 Add a k here.
00:21:319 (24) Change to a d.
00:21:819 (26) ^
00:22:319 Add a k here.
00:23:442 (33) Change to a k.
00:23:817 (34) ^
00:24:192 (35) ^
00:24:942 (38) Change to a K.
00:25:505 (40) Change to a k.
00:25:880 (41) (42) Change from d k to k d.
00:26:442 (44) (45) Change from k d to d k.
00:27:380 (48) Change to a k.
00:27:942 (50) (51) Change from D K to K D.
00:28:692 (53) Change to a D.
Intimidating list, but I did still enjoy Futsuu

That's all I can do, I apologize. The rest is on you guys to get this fun map ranked! Good luck!
In futsuu i applied all except the first one. Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
ikin5050

IntelliTroodon wrote:

Hey, from the q

d = don
k = katsu
D = Big don
k = Big katsu

As always, my mods are subjective. It's you map bro.

Kantan:
  1. 00:14:569 (1-7) - D k K d D k or d

  2. 00:19:319 (9) - what teh heck were you thinking, satan. move 1 beat over XD

  3. 00:20:069 (10) - remove

  4. 00:25:692 (21-24) - if you're gonna keep crazy offbeat rhythms in a Kantan, try this for the 2nd half http://gyazo.com/39c000866ca8997c5c11d3d7b93b67f4 (21 is D)

  5. 00:22:505 (14) - Slider speed shouldn't speed up this much.

    Way too hard for a Kantan. Offbeats at that fast of a slider speed don't register for people that normally play Kantan. CHILL BRO.

Futsuu(calling it, gonna be too hard):
  1. 00:04:069 (11) - Move to the offbeat(red) before

  2. 00:07:569 (22) - Remove finish

  3. 00:09:569 (26) - add d

  4. 00:09:819 (27) *- k

  5. 00:18:069 (14) - D

  6. 00:22:505 (28) - No futsuu player has an idea how to read any of this. Maybe slow it.

*number after adding the d at 00:09:569

I liked this one alot more than Kantan, but still a little flawed.

Very nice, but you need to remember who you are mapping for. Nardo, for example, isn't the one that's gonna play your Kantan. It's gonna be a total noob who has a limited understanding of the usual Taiko patterns.

P.S. I looked at you Ikoni difficulty, and are you on meth? 250 notes crammed into 28 seconds good god.

P.P.S. dangit missed the first by 1/2 hour. stupid breakfast break ;-;
Applied most of them, and thanks for the mod :D
Nitrousdragon
I can't mod this map correctly xD

[Kantan]
00:03:569 (7) - move to 00:03:319
00:05:069 (9,10,11) - move to 00:04:819
I would recommend removing some targets at kiai time to hopefully lessen the stress on newer Taiko players and to lower the difficulty down to Easy.

[Futsuu]
Looks fine to me. ;)

[Ikoni]
I personally cannot mod maps like these. I'm sorry about not being able to mod this diff. :(

Again, like I said before, I cannot mod this map correctly. I don't know if I am right or if I am wrong.
Topic Starter
ikin5050

Nitrousdragon wrote:

I can't mod this map correctly xD

[Kantan]
00:03:569 (7) - move to 00:03:319
00:05:069 (9,10,11) - move to 00:04:819
I would recommend removing some targets at kiai time to hopefully lessen the stress on newer Taiko players and to lower the difficulty down to Easy.

[Futsuu]
Looks fine to me. ;)

[Ikoni]
I personally cannot mod maps like these. I'm sorry about not being able to mod this diff. :(

Again, like I said before, I cannot mod this map correctly. I don't know if I am right or if I am wrong.
okay, thanks for your mod anyways! I get that you can't mod the ikoni difficulty but thanks for your comments on kantan :)
Nardoxyribonucleic
Muzukashii is done. Please make sure that tags are consistent in all diffs.

http://puu.sh/gnuST.rar
Topic Starter
ikin5050
Yes nardo! Thanks a lot for the Muzukashii.
Now the entire mapset is fully ready for mods :)
Topic Starter
ikin5050
Yes nardo! Thanks a lot for the Muzukashii.
Now the entire mapset is fully ready for mods :)
ghm12
:D From Tarrasky's Queue
modding your first because 40s

[General]
Changes nothing, but make all kiai finish in 00:28:692 -, please <3
Futsuu and Kantan diff have tags conflict with Nardo's Oni and Ikoni
Use this code for a better bg position (Except Nardo's Oni. It already have)
//Background and Video events
0,0,"puuupaaa coverr.jpg",0,105
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
If you don't know what to do with this, poke me ingame

[Kantan]
Use the General's code
You forgot to disable Widescreen Support
  1. 00:17:569 - Remove Finish
  2. 00:18:069 - place a k?


[Futsuu]
Use the General's code
You forgot to disable Widescreen Support
  1. 00:05:569 - move to 00:05:819 - ?
  2. 00:06:569 - turn this to k and 00:06:944 - to d?
  3. Move 00:09:819 - to 00:09:944 - and delete 00:10:069 - ?
  4. 00:10:319 - d and 00:10:569 - k?
  5. 00:10:819 - to 00:10:944 - to match vocals?
  6. 00:11:319 - d?
  7. 00:18:069 - k?
  8. 00:21:569 - k?
  9. 00:24:942 - D K?
  10. 00:27:942 - ^


[Nardo's Oni]
  1. 00:24:942 - 00:27:942 - "PU PA" parts looks better using D K


[Ikoni]
Use the General's code
  1. 00:13:319 - k?
  2. 00:14:444 - kdk at the end of stream?
  3. 00:19:444 - kdkdd?
  4. 00:22:505 - why not a note here? D:
  5. 00:23:817 - k?
  6. 00:25:130 - K?
  7. 00:24:755 - remove? I can't hear a beat here
  8. 00:27:755 - ^
  9. 00:27:567 - k and 00:27:661 - d?

asdfasdfadf i don't know how to mod
Ikoni and Oni are very nice diffs
Good luck!
Topic Starter
ikin5050

ghm12 wrote:

:D From Tarrasky's Queue
modding your first because 40s

[General]
Changes nothing, but make all kiai finish in 00:28:692 -, please <3
Futsuu and Kantan diff have tags conflict with Nardo's Oni and Ikoni
Use this code for a better bg position (Except Nardo's Oni. It already have)
//Background and Video events
0,0,"puuupaaa coverr.jpg",0,105
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
If you don't know what to do with this, poke me ingame

[Kantan]
Use the General's code
You forgot to disable Widescreen Support
  1. 00:17:569 - Remove Finish yea
  2. 00:18:069 - place a k?
done

[Futsuu]
Use the General's code
You forgot to disable Widescreen Support
  1. 00:05:569 - move to 00:05:819 - ?yes
  2. 00:06:569 - turn this to k and 00:06:944 - to d? confrimed
  3. Move 00:09:819 - to 00:09:944 - and delete 00:10:069 - ? thanks
  4. 00:10:319 - d and 00:10:569 - k?yes
  5. 00:10:819 - to 00:10:944 - to match vocals? yes
  6. 00:11:319 - d? aight
  7. 00:18:069 - k? i suppose
  8. 00:21:569 - k? no i'll keep d
  9. 00:24:942 - D K?
  10. 00:27:942 - ^


[Nardo's Oni]
  1. 00:24:942 - 00:27:942 - "PU PA" parts looks better using D K


[Ikoni]
Use the General's code
  1. 00:13:319 - k? yea
  2. 00:14:444 - kdk at the end of stream? hm... okay
  3. 00:19:444 - kdkdd? okay
  4. 00:22:505 - why not a note here? D: lol :D fixed
  5. 00:23:817 - k? ya
  6. 00:25:130 - K? yes for consistency
  7. 00:24:755 - remove? I can't hear a beat here you're right
  8. 00:27:755 - ^ 6
  9. 00:27:567 - k and 00:27:661 - d?yes, fixed

asdfasdfadf i don't know how to mod
Ikoni and Oni are very nice diffs
Good luck!
Lol really nice mod though, a lot of constructive feedback! :D
Thanks for your mod as always, updated
Nardoxyribonucleic

ghm12 wrote:

:D From Tarrasky's Queue
modding your first because 40s

[Nardo's Oni]
  1. 00:24:942 - 00:27:942 - "PU PA" parts looks better using D K As the vocal pitch of "PU" is higher than "PA", K D would be better to reflect the pitch decrease.


asdfasdfadf i don't know how to mod
Ikoni and Oni are very nice diffs
Good luck!
Thanks for your mod~
JudgeTheDude
Hi,

[General]
  1. You don't need "pupa taiko ikin5050" in tags, since the title is automatically recognized, the mode too, and the creator's name too.
  2. No Timing Point set

Great map, I didn't find anything wrong except the tags ^^'
Topic Starter
ikin5050
thanks for your mod! great to hear that you think it's a good map and that there's not really things to improve except the tags
I'm wondering what you mean with no timing point set? i have 3 points, 1 at the beginning, 1 at kiai start and 1 at kiai end
JudgeTheDude
There isn't any Preview Point* My bad, I wrote the wrong word. (No kud for that post, of course)
PatZar
ha wtf
also Ikoni is unrankable overuse 1/4 like this 00:14:069 (113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121) - and many more,
and i didn't know what are you following to. still mess
Topic Starter
ikin5050
Well that escalated quickly, but i suppose you have a point lol
Somewhat remapped it, even though no constructive comments i suppose you did help quite a bit there
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply