forum

Challenging Platters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seiga
So, I've been getting consistent S's and SS's when I play Cup/Salad maps. I feel as though I've improved a whole lot.
Why do I seem to find Platter so difficult?
I do fine at the start. It's just as soon as I encounter sliders or droplet trails packed close together my ass gets kicked.
Not to mention Hyperdashes. I always miss them. Is there some kind of trick to it? Do I just need to keep retrying and retrying?
Or do I need to go back and practice more, so will I improve even if I keep failing the maps?
sorry if it's a stupid question
iiyo
A lot of people have trouble with platter, it's the small AR that's killing you~ I suggest finding tough AR8 maps to practice on, here are a few examples!

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/50429 - Ivaltek HappyMix Ar8
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/132044 - Kalafina - Kimi no Gin no Niwa Insane AR8

These are Indeed a challenge for newer players, but the hardest thing to get into CTB is AR reading/sightreading.
Just remember that reading and catching are two different things, try to maximize them both to their fullest potential.

Here is a example of what I just said:

Let's say your driving in a car down the street and you see a person, you can see the person, but does the car have enough time to stop, knowing and mastering that distance and reflex is what makes a good CTB player!

Also if your having trouble dashing, try to think of it as a gas pedal with only 1 speed, or think of it as a extension of yourself, only use it when necessary.

PS: To find maps with AR8 type in the search bar:
It doesn't have to be Platter's it can be even AR8 or AR9 or even 10!
ar=8 Platter
Salamat
practice
Topic Starter
Seiga
Wow, thanks Storm-! I never expected such a fast reply!
I'll download those maps and practice tonight. So to me, it seems to be a matter of slowly learning how to read and keep up with the AR, so I can build up the speed and/or reflexes?
iiyo

Somnio wrote:

I'll download those maps and practice tonight. So to me, it seems to be a matter of slowly learning how to read and keep up with the AR, so I can build up the speed and/or reflexes?
Every player has their own style, try to find out yours, some players can read very high AR and some can read low AR and spin really well, try to get to around 1-2k rank and you will find out, but for the mean time, get the hang of CTB and practice some maps, try finding 8.5 or even 9 AR maps.
Equim
You need to improve your control when you play platter maps. For a ctb-only map, creaters prefer to put many jumps in it. Some of them are even "invisible" jumps that you can't read out you should run at that point. Improve your reading skill and you will know where to jump and jump how long. As for AR, I think storm-senpai has explained enough.
If you still have problems, feel free to consult me in-game. :)

Somnio wrote:

119410501 wrote:

Storm- 4 dev