forum

PP issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zestymangoman
Hey, recently I have been getting new high scores on some maps. I get a better accuracy than before, and the accuracy is higher than my average, as well as getting a higher combo. However I still manage to lose pp, any explanations?
uzzi
That just means other people have been passing you in rank.
woqx
He said he's losing pp though, not rank. You don't lose pp when people pass you
Daborgia
When the following happens:

- Get higher combo but firetruck acc => lose pp
- vice versa
- playing hr and beat a dt score with same acc/combo => lose all pp
Green Platinum
Are you actually losing pp? or are you just losing ranks?
dung eater
worry about fixing your gameplay problems and pp will come to you. doesn't work very well the other way around
B1rd
my problem is that I don't have enough :|.
Karuta-_old_1
the accuracy is higher than my average
He only said his accuracy is higher than his overall, so the accuracy of the new highscore might be actually low than his previous highscore on that beatmap

Not trying to be a grammar nazi but yeah
woqx

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

He only said his accuracy is higher than his overall, so the accuracy of the new highscore might be actually low than his previous highscore on that beatmap
Well actually

zestymangoman wrote:

Hey, recently I have been getting new high scores on some maps. I get a better accuracy than before, and the accuracy is higher than my average, as well as getting a higher combo. However I still manage to lose pp, any explanations?
tecu

jaaakb wrote:

worry about fixing your gameplay problems and pp will come to you. doesn't work very well the other way around
So far it has worked pretty well for me
GhostFrog
In order to lose pp for overwriting a score on a map, you need at least one of the following things to be true of your new score as compared to your old score:

-worse accuracy
-lower combo
-more misses
-different mods

It's also possible that you gained pp from a qualified map that was later disqualified - you would lose the pp from it as soon as you set a new best score on a map.
DahplA
Maybe it just was too easy and worth nothing?
Bluescorpio
I've actually had some similar incidents. I would get a better acc and combo, yet lose rank with that one play. Leaves me very confused. And my pp count remains the same..
bigfeh
Pseudo-necro?
Vuelo Eluko

Bluescorpio wrote:

I've actually had some similar incidents. I would get a better acc and combo, yet lose rank with that one play. Leaves me very confused. And my pp count remains the same..
possibility 1: the old play was so low weighted it didnt have much impact in your pp in the first place, neither does the new one
possibility 2: went without playing for awhile and that was the first score you submitted and in that time you lost more ranks than it made you gain.
E m i
possibility 3: more misses
Bluescorpio

bigfeh wrote:

Pseudo-necro?
Oops didn't mean to.. Just happened to be the first thread I found on the topic, and didn't feel like creating a new one to address a similar issue.

Riince wrote:

possibility 1: the old play was so low weighted it didnt have much impact in your pp in the first place, neither does the new one
possibility 2: went without playing for awhile and that was the first score you submitted and in that time you lost more ranks than it made you gain.
Also a weird update on this.. I just finished playing a map (improving acc + combo greatly from a score I did a few days ago) and on the score screen it showed a negative rank change, but afterwards on the song selection screen my actual rank change was positive (and a slight pp gain was noted as well). Not exactly sure what to think on this. Possibly a bug? I don't worry about actual rank when I play, but I was just curious what causes the actual negative rank change (not specific to this incident)