forum

What can I do against shaking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
Hey Guys,

i got this problem for a long time now and it really starts bothering me and stoppps me from getting better:

Everytime im palying a song and get a good acc without any breaks at the last quarter of teh song i start shaking and sweating so much i just cant play anymore. i jsut break at the easiest part and have to restart.. That happens everytime near the end of a song.

Does that happen to you guys too? And what can i do against it?
B1rd
post in gameplay and rankings
- Marco -

B1rd wrote:

post in gameplay and rankings
Also fix little typos in the title :)
Conor
IppE

Conor wrote:

there's no reason to start wetting yourself.
That can be arranged, though.
Vuelo Eluko
i do this too
Arcane
Just dont care X)
That's what i do and and it don't shake and if you are a mouse user i cant give you any advice about it but if you are a tablet user i got some advice.

So first of all dont pinch your pen
dont stress ( this has nothing to do with mouse or pen individaully but DONT STRESS!!
and my last tip is take breaks. this is important because no-lifing this game wont really work i tried it a few times and trust me it doesn't work

i hope this helps you a little and good luck with ranking ^-^/
bigfeh
The key is to not give a fuck. When you don't, it's easier to FC songs and get better acc. Remember that if you're always failing in the end because of it, think that you'll get there again in the next play because you're improving at the song or whatever.
YamiHikari
Turning off the gameplay features (shift + tab) might help?, as I got so damn nervous seeing the high combo at the corner of my eye. Well its a natural thing, just stay calm and don't think about fc-ing that certain song or just try to not think about the song altogether and focus on the notes. If you ever feel nervous, take a deep breath during the break.
Mahogany
Is it like tablet pen shaking or whole arm shaking? Tablet pen shaking becomes less of an issue the more you play. Whole arm shaking is just nerves: The more you play, the better you'll deal. Also, not caring is a great way to deal with it. I built my confidence by not being happy with an FC of songs: I have to get at least 99% if I liked the song, but I even enjoyed the times I screwed up because it was a song and a beatmap I really liked.
sayonara_sekai
once yo ufuck up enough times you stop caring and the shaking decreases. never goes away though
Karuta-_old_1

Shizuyi wrote:

Does that happen to you guys too? And what can i do against it?
I shrug it off and press the retry button thinking that I can FC with a better accuracy on my next try
B1rd
pray you FC the map before the shaking starts. And if you do, just ignore it (unless you're playing at CS6.5, then you're pretty much fucked).
leepdesu

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

I shrug it off and press the retry button thinking that I can FC with a better accuracy on my next try
> 8 mins song
> 5 star diff with 2500x combo
> breaks at 2357

Y-y-yeah it's nothing I'll just press that retry button.
[-Cloud-]
Nothing. I have the same problem and it wont get away except you're getting confident in your skills. It's a mental thing.
Daborgia
Hrhrhr Play more Kappa
Arcane

-Ruri no Tori- wrote:

once yo ufuck up enough times you stop caring and the shaking decreases. never goes away though
yea XD that hits the point hahahahaha
AGRX
You need to play more, get more experience and confidence take everything as step for progress. FC is a cherry on top of the cake, focus on acc and big combo.
I think pretty much everyone is like "Shit im gonna break the combo".

You may also have Parkinson's disease, but thats for another thread.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more and take GABA.
tecu

Shizuyi wrote:

i got this problem for a long time now and it really starts bothering me and stoppps me from getting better:
This is not a problem that stops you from getting better - it's a problem that's preventing you from getting good scores.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
tecu you rlly got a point there to be honest :D but what youre saying is essentialy what i meant.

to the rest: i rlly thank you all for you advice and i will just try all of your tips! :) i did not expect so much feedback though.
So you guys think just stop careing is the best thing and being confident in my skills?
I have to say both of this is hardly possible for me. :S
Since i play really seriously i just cant rlly stop careing. Its not like im no-lifing this game or palying 24/7 but im serious when playing computer games. if this is good or not is another issue.

and second i dont have confidence in my skills at all.. after i fced a song i never touch it agai nbecasue im pretty sure ill never get a fc again. Same thing in the middle of the song when i have still an "SS", i just pray so damn hard ill fc it because i think ill never be here at that point with an fc again.

Any advises for that? and i still take asvises in general to decrease my shaking.

BTW: i realized when im playing with tablet (i paly with a tablet since christmas) im way more shaking and my coursor is flying all over the Screen. xD
autoteleology
Just stop thinking about it. I have this problem too. Turn off the leaderboard, turn off the interface, and play to have fun. It makes everything so much easier - every bit of mental energy you spend on worrying about your score is mental energy not being focused on the song.
Arcane

tecu wrote:

Shizuyi wrote:

This is not a problem that stops you from getting better - it's a problem that's preventing you from getting good scores.
wise words have been spoken! ;)
pandaBee

Shizuyi wrote:

BTW: i realized when im playing with tablet (i paly with a tablet since christmas) im way more shaking and my coursor is flying all over the Screen. xD
Your active area is probably too small.

Also, just play more and practice FCing easier stuff. Also, revisit your FCed songs and practice them again anyways, because why not? It's all about overcoming those mental blocks through continuous practice.
-Ephemeral-
This affects nearly every player I've talked to, including some in top 100. Everyone gets nervous when you're getting a good score. As to how bad you shake and panic, it differs from player to player. My tip is simply get better. Get so good that even when you start shaking and your aim degrades, you are good enough to compensate for it. Say that you can do 6 star jumps easily when you're just practicing, slightly wobbly aim on a 5.3 star song probably isn't going to make it impossible. Just try to keep calm and not tense up too much.
Kwonaiden
Ask yourself this general question, identify it and figure what you can do to minimize that fault. Shaking usually comes from nerves so..

Why do you get nervous to begin with?

- Is it because of the unknown, whats happening next, haven't been in a certain situation before (ie. go to a 1400+ combo FC?)
- The lack of practice or ability to do something?
- Lack of confidence?

When you play Osu! relate the question in what you fear that maybe the cause and then say to yourself ok how do I improve this?

If its whats gonna happen next you practice all the scenarios that can come out in different beatmaps.

For example play more maps and different types of maps.

Lack of practice or ability.

You practice and play more to improve your ability

Lack of confidence.

This is maybe because you do not believe or trust your playstyle or technique enough so you begin to panic therefore you should iron out the kinks and play more.

Like it was mentioned everyone gets nervous! from rank 1 to 5897934572930573294 but the difference is the good players are able to limit the nerves cuz they found a way to compensate. They played this game enough to have been in that situation before or they have worked on all the faults so that when the nerves hit they are disciplined to hold it together from all the playcounts.

TL;DR: Gain more Experience and Play more
drum drum
I used to shake a lot but then I played more and now I don't shake very often
B1rd
play more is not a panacea for all problems.
Cartographer
You'll get over it, keep playing and don't underestimate yourself.

Personally I used to have it but I got over it and nothing really phazes me now.
otoed1
Think about something that isn't the game. It helps.