forum

HDDT or HDHR

posted
Total Posts
show more
leepdesu
hr only is for men
FieryLight
If anything, nomod and HD would be good things to focus on. If you can, try EZ or even EZ+HD, it's a heck of a lot harder than anything you mentioned.
cheezstik
Why not specialize in something that suits you, or that you find fun etc.? If you're asking us which you should specialize in for more / easier pp, then for most people that answer would be DT.

Evil Darius wrote:

Should I focus on speed or accuracy at this level?
You should be focusing on accuracy at all levels. Playing DT properly also requires good accuracy, maybe not as much as HR, but definitely more than nomod.
Noobsicle
specialize in being all-rounded
Gumpy

B1rd wrote:

don't play mods at rank 30K.
I played mods at 30k, now i'm terrible for it.
Vuelo Eluko

Gumpyyy wrote:

B1rd wrote:

don't play mods at rank 30K.
I played mods at 30k, now i'm terrible without mods for it.
fix'd

alternatively, you could play without mods at 30k onwards, and be terrible at mods for it just as easily.
piruchan
HDHR requires skill, HDDT doesn't Just go with whatever you enjoy while doing it. Accuracy is delicious though.
Varetyr
pls enjoy game
Vuelo Eluko

piruchan wrote:

HDHR requires skill, HDDT doesn't
DT has the potential to raise the accuracy aim and speed requirement to much higher heights than HR can, especially since od10 is the max you can get with HR.
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

piruchan wrote:

HDHR requires skill, HDDT doesn't
DT has the potential to raise the accuracy aim and speed requirement to much higher heights than HR can, especially since od10 is the max you can get with HR.
Cos there are soooo many dt-able OD8.6 or higher maps out there, and even at that point, I'm pretty sure the map will be much harder to keep up with in terms of speed / aim than just acc'ing od10.1+. I think it's safe to say that 9 times out of 10, HR will have higher OD than DT.
B1rd
yeah what cheeszstik said.more like 9.9/10

Riince wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

I played mods at 30k, now i'm terrible without mods for it.
fix'd

alternatively, you could play without mods at 30k onwards, and be terrible at mods for it just as easily.
The difference is it's much easier to learn fast streaming and high AR reading than it is to learn slow streaming and low AR reading once you're used to DT.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

The difference is it's much easier to learn fast streaming and high AR reading than it is to learn slow streaming and low AR reading once you're used to DT.
i definitely dont agree with that, going from slower to faster is harder because its mental AND physical. as long as you know how to acc and arent just mashing, the only barrier to going accurately and slow is mental.
B1rd
Getting faster is easy, because you have no bad muscle memory inhibiting your progress. Just practice fast maps a lot and you will get fast.

Also, streaming over 200 bpm isn't really much use if you can't aim maps that fast.
Vuelo Eluko
not really, the physical difficulties of actually going faster are definitely more challenging to overcome than any of the mental challenges of playing accurately slowly, hence why there are a thousand slowpokes for every exceptionally fast player.

ive gained like maybe 40 bpm to where i can comfortably stream in a YEAR of playing even trying to focus solely on that, it's really hard... but just by dedicating a week or 2 to accuracy i noticed huge gains overall that stayed with me forever because that's just mental..
[-Cloud-]
FL.
Nekolike
acc > speed
B1rd

Riince wrote:

not really, the physical difficulties of actually going faster are definitely more challenging to overcome than any of the mental challenges of playing accurately slowly, hence why there are a thousand slowpokes for every exceptionally fast player.

ive gained like maybe 40 bpm to where i can comfortably stream in a YEAR of playing even trying to focus solely on that, it's really hard... but just by dedicating a week or 2 to accuracy i noticed huge gains overall that stayed with me forever because that's just mental..
I'm not saying it's easier or harder to stream accurately at low bpm than streaming fast, what I'm saying that if you only play fast bpm from the start you're only going to learn how to mash your fingers as fast as you can and not how to stream. And then you're going to have to go back an learn streaming properly, which will be much harder because you have bad muscle memory. Tons of pro players have advised to learn technique at low bpm streams first.
silmarilen
DT = speed
HR = everything else
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

if you only play fast bpm from the start you're only going to learn how to mash your fingers as fast as you can and not how to stream.
eh, i dont think that's true. unless you start way too early
B1rd
It's quite true, I've seen enough examples.

Try seeing if you get get 97% or more in Liquid or Cackletta Soul Battle.
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

Can confirm, am masher. Fingercontrol isn't only a mental thing. You need to practice it for a long time, if you want to be accuracte on any bpm.
pandaBee

B1rd wrote:

I wish this wasn't true ;_;.
Redon
bigfeh
I mash at high bpms (260+) but I'm pretty decent at control. Biggest problem right now is coordination with the mouse, though I guess that's understandable in the first hours after switching playstyles
Yuudachi-kun
What are these songs? I need more 260+ maps.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

What are these songs? I need more 260+ maps.
take any DnB map
change it to AR8
turn on DT

gauranteed 257-263 bpm your welcome
Yuudachi-kun
Haha DT.
E m i
edit it to AR7 OD4
AR9 OD7 after DT
and if you also pretend that the song was that fast from the beginning, then it's like nomod
cheezstik

[ Momiji ] wrote:

edit it to AR7 OD4
AR9 OD7 after DT
and if you also pretend that the song was that fast from the beginning, then it's like nomod
Also if you edit a song to CS3.1, AR6.4, OD5, and HP5, it turns into the average CS4, AR9, OD7, HP7 after HR, and if you pretend that you didn't turn HR on, then it's like nomod 8-)
E m i

cheezstik wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

edit it to AR7 OD4
AR9 OD7 after DT
Also if you edit a song to CS3.1, AR6.4, OD5, and HP5, it turns into the average CS4, AR9, OD7, HP7 after HR, and if you pretend that you didn't turn HR on, then it's like nomod 8-)
CS4.03 AR8.96? 8-)
7ambda
Screw those combos, HDFL ftw.

jk
cheezstik

F1r3tar wrote:

Screw those combos, HDFL ftw.

jk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNKlVnj8C0

Vuelo Eluko
proof that ez should take score away
Barusamikosu
Keep working on the basics.
Become the nomod god.
pyth
you should skip hddt and hdhr and start with ar11 instead 8-)
Infevo
I am around 21k now and barely use mods. I also have seen higher ranked players with 5000+pp having not a single mod play in their top ranked plays.
So I wouldn't feed a necessity of playing with mods at the moment. Especially since there are a lot of nomod maps which are still hard enough for me to stick to no-mod. I mean it is a matter of personal taste. But I personally don't like ht and dt because they ruin the sound quality. I also like Azer's take on HR vs. DT. So I will probably rather stick to HR once I reach that level.