forum

osu!mania 4K Dan (段) Courses

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuzeyun
Tachyon (ε-δ)
Manabu Namiki - Tenshi (Full Version) [XozInfinite] [_Gezo_]
Tenshi was, is, and will never be a standard for high difficulty Infinite.
Wait for Xoz Infinite 5 and 6.
lenpai

CephiCC wrote:

sorry for my inexperience with custom mapsets and things, but osu won't open the .osu files for the courses and refuses to accept the rar either. or the folder. What do?
Somehow complex if you don't know how to do stuff.
Extract the rar file.
Compress any folder in the rar you want as zip
Change the zip extension to osz
Open the osz
Done!

When a certain amount of ppl pass tachyon, we need tachyon beta *cough *cough Mad Matt *cough
CephiCC

Lenfried- wrote:

CephiCC wrote:

sorry for my inexperience with custom mapsets and things, but osu won't open the .osu files for the courses and refuses to accept the rar either. or the folder. What do?
Somehow complex if you don't know how to do stuff.
Extract the rar file.
Compress any folder in the rar you want as zip
Change the zip extension to osz
Open the osz
Done!
Oh my. Why not just make the files into the osz file from the get-go? (Thanks a bunch though <3)
lenpai
Jut thought of an alternative to make the folders work.
Copy paste a folder in the songs folder in oss program files
Open oss and hit f5
I think that works
Lapis-
Sorry for keeping everyone waiting on 3rd dan. Should be up today, I handed the file to Shoegazer to be synced properly etc.

4th dan is incoming, just finalizing the song list.
Bobbias

Lenfried- wrote:

Jut thought of an alternative to make the folders work.
Copy paste a folder in the songs folder in oss program files
Open oss and hit f5
I think that works
Yeah, that'll work fine (provided osu doesn't just glitch and ignore the folders. I've seen that happen before.)
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Ultra late update, but better late than never I guess.

3rd dan has been added.

4th dan has been changed, Bangin' Burst has been replaced with Escapes, and the order overall has been changed. All 4th dan scores before this will be invalidated, apologise for the inconvenience.

The 7th dan has some sync problems, mainly because the SM to osu converter I have has the tendency to make some of the maps drift more and more offsync for some reason. They'll be resolved soon, but for now - this will be the last update regarding the content of the dans themselves. Other updates will be sync changes and the files being .oszs (I didn't really think that this was a problem, mainly because I've been used to manually putting in the songs in the songs folder - but didn't know that not many people knew how to add maps manually here.)
xch00F
nice files
gonna attempt these to see where I sit atm with downscroll
DoNotMess
http://puu.sh/h9py3/dc2c4a407e.jpg this is freakin hard...i can't make it further anymore
Remi94
Not sure if it is an error or was made like that but the first song in dan 4 is all in slowjam :'v
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
@DNM: Nice clear - but do post in the correct thread next time
@Remi: Mistake on my part, fixed.
Ayachi-
Can we at least put the link of original map that you took the diff from to respect the map creator?
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Sure, added links to maps that are already uploaded onto the website. Most of the files in the upper dans are converts and while some of them could be found in dropboxes like Lein's, I'd prefer to list down what pack they were from so they could try out files in that area, whether it'd be a convert or not.
DoNotMess
@Shoegazer : thanks for reminding me. i didn't know that there is such thread here.
dionzz99
one suggestion..
can you minimize the volume to 25?
its too loud
i don't know if i can edit the volume by myself :/
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
Feel free to edit anything aside from the notes (and the OD and HP but that's obvious) themselves. I'm personally unfamiliar with the volume percentages and all that so I just did whatever felt normal to me, so my mistake if it isn't "accepted" to have a high volume percentage.
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
This post is mainly to people who are currently 7th Dan or higher.

I'm bumping this thread because of dan updates. I'll be crossposting from the other thread:

Shoegazer wrote:

Been a while.

Some people probably know this already, but I'm currently making new 4K dans for 7th dan and up. I have 8th to Tachyon done, except for 9th dan; so I have 2 dan courses left to finish. If you have any passes on those courses and you haven't potsed them yet, post them here before these new dans are released (which is 2-3 days from now).

Since there's so many 7th dan+ passes at the moment however, I'm not going to invalidate those passes completely. These players who have earned these respective dans will keep those dans; but these new courses will have their separate colours/flairs in the 4K Dans sheet and will have their own separate leaderboards. Whether or not these flairs are better than the older ones are up to discretion.

These dan courses are hopefully much better than the older ones; properly synced, very little if not no use of mini LNs, logical difficulty structure and overall more enjoyable. Here is the list of maps that are used for the courses, note that only 8th dan to Tachyon are completed. I want to say that these newer dans are harder than their predecessors, but only 9th Dan's increase in difficulty is intentional.
These dan courses have already been created. The download links for these dans are updated in the main post, but I'll post it here:

Shoegazer wrote:

New dan courses are up. You have 24 hours (as of this post) to post your scores on the older dan courses if you want them to be registered into the spreadsheet (in the older leaderboards).

7th to 9th Dans
SPOILER
7th Dan (δ-7)
Nishino Kana - Go For It!! (Golgo13/Sensationer) - SMOC 8th
Smiley vs. hi19hi19 - Destiny GAMMA [Standard] (hi19hi19) - Hard Songs Megapack 6
Blitz Lunar - Mathsma Attack [Discharge] (Shoegazer)
niki - WAVE - Dump Parade

8th Dan (δ-8)
Nthonius - Trapce (Sensationer/Golgo13) - SMOC 6th
Terminal 11 - Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion (cetaka) - Hard Songs Megapack 6
Hatsuki Yura - Kaguyahime (Skwid) - Skwid Minipack
Cardboard Box - Brute Force (Fullerene-) - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/487564&m=3

9th Dan (δ-9)
Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Sensationer/Golgo13) - SMOC 8th
The Flashbulb - Stinger (mi40) - Stepmanian Atelier Vol. 3
Chroma - Sayonara Planet Wars [GRAVITY] (Leo137) - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/381379
Bonehead and Prince ov Darkness - We Fucking Hate You (For The Enemies) [Masochist] (Shoegazer) - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/305943

10th Dan to Tachyon
SPOILER
10th Dan (δ-10)
yst - the lost dedicated [4K] (Zyph) - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/523391
Connect 1986 (IcyWorld) - Nuclear Blast 4
The Ghost of 3.13 - Forgotten [Forgotten Collab] (Zyph/Shoegazer) - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/338665
403 ERROR (xi vs. ZUMMER) - FORBIDDEN (Shoegazer) - Fullerene Shift

Luminal (δ-★)
ueotan - Mario Paint [D-HYPER] (Fullerene-) - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/659238&m=3
Izayoi Sak - Blue Planet [Terra] (Shoegazer) - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/322476
Tatsh - Image Material -VERSION 0- (cut) (Fullerene-) - Fullerene Shift
-45 - G e n g a o z o [Another] (Shoegazer) - Fullerene Shift

Tachyon (ε-δ)
DEV/NULL - Rave 7 [Insane] (hi19hi19) - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/480467&m=3
-45 - EXILE [-BLACK HOLE-] (snover) - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/586111
Incinerate - Rengoku-Purgatorium- (Patashu) - Rebound Dump Collection Megapack
LV. 4 - Angel Dust [-DESPAIR-] (snover) - individual release

There will be new leaderboards for these dans and your flair will be differentiated from the older dans if you clear them. Note that all of these dans are harder than their predecessors, if you can barely clear the older 10th dan course, chances are you won't be able to do this 10th dan course. Overall, I expect players to go down by 1 dan. This isn't really much of a problem however, since everyone will find it harder. Because of this, if you have an old 9th dan clear and you post a score of a new 8th dan clear, your flair will be the new 8th dan flair (listed in the 4K Dans sheet). The older dan leaderboards will be kept for archival purposes, feel free to look at those if you want.

Apologies for not making this sooner, but better late than never. Thanks to the people who helped out with the newer dan courses, you know who you are. I'll list you guys in the 4K dan courses thread soon.
One thing to also point out, 7th dan to 10th dan are now OD8.5, whereas Luminal and Tachyon are OD9.

The download links for the older dan courses have been removed, but they can be found through some searching on the osu! website. I know a couple of people have uploaded the courses here.

As always, post your scores in this thread. Other than that, happy keysmashing.
DoNotMess
rip rip rip rip rip rip rip
yhuzhamori18
Oh dude....
SillyFangirl
looks fun
PiXL
tld in 10th dan? lol I guess Ill have to skip 10th then too
Murasame
nice! :D
Tidek
Why only 5sec break ;-;
Hinpoppo

Tidek wrote:

Why only 5sec break ;-;
Because it doesn't matter
Yuudachi-kun
This thread needs more love compared to 7K and I wish Bangin Burst never existed. 97.5% -> 95.5% on 1 dan. :(
Biggs111
Can someone tell me how to install this?
Yuudachi-kun
Drag the song folders into /osu/songs
Biggs111
Thanks!
lenpai
ln dan when
Jinjin

Lenfried- wrote:

ln dan when
Lack of quality 4K LN maps in mania :<
lenpai

iJinjin wrote:

Lenfried- wrote:

ln dan when
Lack of quality 4K LN maps in mania :<
:c
Yuudachi-kun
That's because LN suck
Tachyon
Want to re-update my Dan 9 v2 score:
Topic Starter
Shoegazer

Shaun wrote:

Want to re-update my Dan 9 v2 score:
Just a reminder to post your scores here instead of this thread. Not that it matters very much, it's moreso for organisational purposes. Added your score anyway, just keep that in mind next time.
Yuudachi-kun
Is there a reason dans 4-12 don't have bgs?

I keep getting 95.5% on 2 dan oh god help me I hate LN fuck you crack traxx aahahahahrht46
Topic Starter
Shoegazer

Khelly wrote:

Someone initially wanted to make backgrounds for 4th dan and beyond (he made the first three sets of backgrounds) but he didn't follow up on that and I didn't really poke him for any backgrounds because I don't think it matters very much to begin with.
Yuudachi-kun

Shoegazer wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Someone initially wanted to make backgrounds for 4th dan and beyond (he made the first three sets of backgrounds) but he didn't follow up on that and I didn't really poke him for any backgrounds because I don't think it matters very much to begin with.
I found submitted maps with bgs. Are these ok to use? They're clones of the actual maps.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5284182
Polyabstract
tfw you've played this game for almost a year and you're not even 0th dan ;_;

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Yuudachi-kun
I've only played 1 month and I got 95.5% on 3 dan but for this entire month I've been playing 4-7 hours a day everyday mostly unranked. How much do you actually play?
Polyabstract

Khelly wrote:

I've only played 1 month and I got 95.5% on 3 dan but for this entire month I've been playing 4-7 hours a day everyday mostly unranked. How much do you actually play?
i play about an hour a day lol
if i play too much it feels like i'm getting arthritis
show more