forum

Anyone getting Windows 10?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zelda

Baka Tenshi wrote:

If you use a Radeon or GeForce, see AMD or NVIDIA's websites and good luck installing!
Then you grab the Windows 8.1 driver and everything is fine. It'll install and work with no issues on Windows 10.
BrokenArrow
Build 10061 is available through Windows Update, I'm really excited for this one
QuiteDizzy
Hmm mby ill take it xD
Rizumu Tenshi

Zelda wrote:

Baka Tenshi wrote:

If you use a Radeon or GeForce, see AMD or NVIDIA's websites and good luck installing!
Then you grab the Windows 8.1 driver and everything is fine. It'll install and work with no issues on Windows 10.
I did that with my HD Graphics yo (integrated only here)

BrokenArrow wrote:

Build 10061 is available through Windows Update, I'm really excited for this one
Slow ring masterrace (still 10041, ahaha)
BrokenArrow

Baka Tenshi wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

Slow ring masterrace (still 10041, ahaha)
Newest one is 10074 which got just released about 12 hours ago :P
Microsoft made an official ISO file available of the build so you might as well use that one.

For some reason most of the localizations seem to be missing in the latest build (at least in the German version many tooltips are English now) but apart from that the build is really stable for me.
Mati_old_1
I prefer Hackintosh because Apple > Microsoft.
Michel
I don't know if someone already pointed this out, but the reason I'm not moving to Windows 10 is because of Microsoft's Privacy Policy. They allow themselves to collect data on: your name, email address, preferences and interests; location, browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; voice, text and writing input; and application usage.

Someone please clarify if I'm wrong
BrokenArrow
a) You can always choose not to use Cortana, that way you will at least be able to keep some of your privacy

b) A Microsoft account is only neccessary to participate in the Technical Preview and will remain optional at the final release

c) The built-in keylogger is only present in the Technical Preview and will eventually vanish by the time Windows gets oficially released
Cyclohexane
I rarely use windows either way, but I haven't had any reason to switch to 8, much less to 10.
HaibokuShounen
i have a pc with windows 10, not the one I am using right now though.
CalmirageD88
Due to compatibility issues, I keep my Windows 7..
Windows 8 had greater performance than Windows 7, but not when playing games..
I'm gamer, but I can't upgrade my computer, I stay with seven
Rizumu Tenshi
Internet's back at home so TIME TO JUMP TO 10074 YAY!
*reboots into 10*
AutoMedic
I heard windows 7 and 8 users are entitled for a free upgrade on the year of the release

I'm looking forward to DirectX 12 tho, and see how much performance gains can we get in gaming
Rizumu Tenshi
Project Spartan/Microsoft Edge hype

I know I'm leaking something, but it's a screenshot. A user in my other forums asked for the browser, but I don't think I can share it, because...still "beta", hence Project Spartan...for now. Anyway, enjoy the wonderful screenshot.
Friendan
looks like I'm editing my tray icons the minute I get Windows 10
Zelda

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Project Spartan/Microsoft Edge hype

I know I'm leaking something, but it's a screenshot. A user in my other forums asked for the browser, but I don't think I can share it, because...still "beta", hence Project Spartan...for now. Anyway, enjoy the wonderful screenshot.
It's a public beta, you aren't leaking anything.

With the things I mentioned in my previous post on an older build fixed, yeah I'll definitely get Windows 10. Currently on 10074 and just about everything is an improvement over Windows 7.
BrokenArrow
OneNote is so freaking beautiful in its newest version.
Zelda
Eh, it'd be nicer if the padding on all UI elements in that and most new apps wasn't ridiculously huge. Aside from that though, I agree, it's quite nice.
I can see why they'd make it like that with touchscreens becoming more and more common, but in a normal desktop environment it just creates a lot of unnecessary whitespace which, in my opinion, is a bit annoying.

It'd be awesome if we get some settings to reduce/increase padding throughout all modern apps. Correct me if I'm wrong and such a setting already exists, I can't seem to find anything even remotely related to it.
xpurpleturtlex
i'm gonna stay with WIN7 i dont need windows 8 or 10
Rizumu Tenshi
Apparently a mapping issue arises when I plug in my mouse...so long as it's Windows 10.

May have to stick to 8.1 so long as I'm mapping.

Also anyone in the Fast ring who got 10125?who reserved Windows 10?