forum

My Single Tapping isn't as good as my aim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bengon
So I've just realized something odd about my plays. When examining them at half speed most of the time my movement is correct and the cursor lands on the hit circle and everything seems good, but then It still counts as miss. Why? I don't actually tap the circle and move on to the next circle. So I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to fix this habit? I've been thinking about trying to play some easier songs and try to get more consistent there and moving up for now.
leepdesu
have you tried alternating instead of singletapping? it sounds stupid but it's worth a try

Edit: do you miss because your singletapping is not as fast as your movement? i didn't quite get what you typed there
Topic Starter
Bengon

-LeeP- wrote:

have you tried alternating instead of singletapping? it sounds stupid but it's worth a try
Could try that, but my Accuracy is pretty bad when it comes to alt.

Edit: Yeah you read that right. I miss because my single tap isn't as fast as my movement.
chanhien
Your tapping should always be equal with your aiming,(Unless you overuse Relax like me)
Some maps are tapping-heavy or jump-heavy,you might got the first type
ts;dr play moar
zwoots
Work on building single tap speed until it's as good as your aim.
Knit_old_1
Start tablet tapping/mouse clicking for tobe/peachick style. You're single tap will improve significantly.
Topic Starter
Bengon

chanhien wrote:

Your tapping should always be equal with your aiming,(Unless you overuse Relax like me)
Some maps are tapping-heavy or jump-heavy,you might got the first type
ts;dr play moar
That's what I'd assume, but I guess I'm like a super idiot who couldn't balance those two out.

jayysen wrote:

Start tablet tapping/mouse clicking for tobe/peachick style. You're single tap will improve significantly.
So is that just tablet tap and keyboard click?

Edit: Alright tried it and I can't play for shit. How is this even done?
Vuelo Eluko
i can singletap 260 consistently, but ill be damned if i can hit jumps at that bpm.
FieryLight
Rather than being able to do small jumps fast, try working on slow(er) long jumps and you'll have your single tap speed better align with your ability to jump. Unless you're some super god you has perfect precision already and just can't tap and if you seriously believe that, try some rabbit style jumping maps with half time + hr ;)
Topic Starter
Bengon

FieryLight wrote:

Rather than being able to do small jumps fast, try working on slow(er) long jumps and you'll have your single tap speed better align with your ability to jump. Unless you're some super god you has perfect precision already and just can't tap and if you seriously believe that, try some rabbit style jumping maps with half time + hr ;)
The problem is I can't even tap when I try doing slower/smaller jumps. It starts of well, but unless I'm super focused I'll still miss taps. I don't think my aim is the greatest in the world or some shit, but I should at least to be able to do songs around my level without going over 2-3 misses.