forum

PLAY WINDOWED? HAVE INPUT LAG? THIS IS FOR YOU!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cartographer
Want your game to look like this?!?
It's the exact same as windowed mode, but in full-screen.
Also the only difference you'll find is things that don't use the full resolution of your monitor will be effected, for example. If your desktop is 1920x1080 it will look the same unless you make it smaller.

Nvidia:
1. Right click your desktop and open the Nvidia control panel.
2. Under display click adjust desktop size and position.
3. Under the scaling tab make sure perform scaling has GPU selected.
4. Then under select a scaling mode check no scaling.
You're done!

AMD:
Well I don't have any AMD machines, however find your way to this menu and check the use centered timings.
^ If anyone can message me the steps I'll give them credit!

Then open Osu! tick full-screen and play with your desired resolution!
Bauxe
Alternatively, you can just disable windows aero? Much easier.
gregest

Bauxe wrote:

but it's ugly when you disable it
DeletedUser_3905941

CptBlackBird wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

then get used to it fgt
Gumpy

CptBlackBird wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

No it's nice
Topic Starter
Cartographer

Bauxe wrote:

I never worked for me.
You'll find if you play most games in the highest res your monitor will support, you won't see any difference at all. Worth spending a few moments imo.
E m i

Cartographer wrote:

AMD:
Well I don't have any AMD machines, however find your way to this menu and check the use centered timings.
^ If anyone can message me the steps I'll give them credit!!
those options might be grayed out by default. to make them available, it might be necessary to temporarily lower your resolution.
also, keep in mind that by doing this, you will still technically be using fullscreen mode. your tablet area will change to fit the 'window'
Raniemi
Not sure if this is just in my mind but I do feel a little less input lag

Thanks for sharing!
buny
been looking for something with these kinds of visuals

thx
B1rd
dat caps title tho
FieryLight

Bauxe wrote:

Well, that's only if you're using Windows 7 (and maybe Vista). Win 8 & 8.1 don't give you the option to disable aero (a lot of things might seem like they disable it, but they don't). But yeah, I agree it is much easier to disable it. I used Windows 7 and I'm on the classic theme, lol.
Bauxe

FieryLight wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Well, that's only if you're using Windows 7 (and maybe Vista). Win 8 & 8.1 don't give you the option to disable aero (a lot of things might seem like they disable it, but they don't). But yeah, I agree it is much easier to disable it. I used Windows 7 and I'm on the classic theme, lol.
Can't try this since I don't use windows 8, but:

http://superuser.com/questions/445971/d ... -windows-8
FieryLight

Bauxe wrote:

Can't try this since I don't use windows 8, but:

http://superuser.com/questions/445971/d ... -windows-8
Yeah, that does stuff but it doesn't disable aero. The only real way to do it is fullscreen. Something about the way they implemented aero in 8 and 8.1 ><" Thanks for trying though :)

See here if you're interested in learning more: t/245352
Tom94

Bauxe wrote:

You can't disable aero on windows 8 or 8.1. (Granted, there are some tricks involving freezing the dwm process and doing some registry magic, but it breaks other stuff like multiple monitor setups completely.)
Crymore13
there is aero on win8/8.1? :?
Topic Starter
Cartographer

Raniemi wrote:

Not sure if this is just in my mind but I do feel a little less input lag

Thanks for sharing!
No worries!
felicitousname
Anyone know how to unconstrain your cursor from the screen? I need to do this to use full area, otherwise.
E m i

felicitousname wrote:

Anyone know how to unconstrain your cursor from the screen? I need to do this to use full area, otherwise.
explain the concept of cursor constrainment
felicitousname
When you disable scaling and set the resolution to 1366x768 for example, the full area of your tablet will be mapped into that resolution, whereas I want it to map to the black spaces around my game as well. So it would basically work the same as playing windowed, without the input lag that comes from aero.
FieryLight

felicitousname wrote:

When you disable scaling and set the resolution to 1366x768 for example, the full area of your tablet will be mapped into that resolution, whereas I want it to map to the black spaces around my game as well. So it would basically work the same as playing windowed, without the input lag that comes from aero.
Manually resize your active area and set it to correspond to your entire monitor. Might need a little math to make it exactly the same =P
E m i

FieryLight wrote:

felicitousname wrote:

Manually resize your active area and set it to correspond to your entire monitor. Might need a little math to make it exactly the same =P
This can even become a long term solution. Just do the maths again if you want to change the size of your window/whatever.