forum

[duplicate] Change all metadata information at once

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Irreversible
So, since having big mapset spreads can be quite a pain, it would get a lot easier if all metadata things would be changed at once, as soon as you change it within one difficulty. This would contain:

Artist, Title, Source, Tags, Preview Point, Letterbox, Widescreen Support, Colors and Countdown (maybe timing?)

Yeah.. I can imagine it being really useful, as soon as you have a big mapset.
Blaizer
Just open up all the .osu files in notepad and use copy-paste?
Nyxa
OH MY GOD YES

Especially considering the ranking criteria which states that metadata has to be equal across all diffs, it would be so much more efficient to make this automatic. That'd also be one less thing to check for during modding which would make it less of a pain too.

Maybe it would be better to make it into a toggle though? Because it would be nice if like, when I wanna upload an unranked mapset with multiple mp3s in one set having the timing and preview points on the same spot would be a drag. So making it optional would be cool, I think. I have no stars but support~
deadbeat
i think this has been requested... t/13832 this?
xxdeathx
Man I'd like this too, but separating metadata on each .osu file is a limitation of the current osz, so they'd have to come up with a completely new format of storing and opening mapsets first.
Nyxa

deadbeat wrote:

i think this has been requested... t/13832 this?
B-but osz2...
Lach
Quite useless it is, dragging up 6 year old threads.
deadbeat

Lach wrote:

Quite useless it is, dragging up 6 year old threads.
why is that useless, the idea is still valid :/
Bara-
I also requested this 1 year ago
t/189520?hilit=+apply
Got send to that same request (deadbeat linked, but not marked)