forum

>Master Weaboo AlecGW is here!<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AlecGW
Hey, everybody! I'm AlecGW, or just Alec, and I've been playing osu! for about a week now, and I've found it tons of fun.

I like a lot of anime that people usually brush off and I usually dislike anime that people tell me to watch. It's an annoying trait of mine. Anyway, my current favourite animes are (in order of preference): Log Horizon, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and the Monogatari Series.

I also like to think I'm good at videogames and my friends tell me that I am, but I really am not. I mainly like playing RPGs and MMOs of the sort, sandbox games and well done shooters, and take pride in my ability to be good at videogames with/against friends but be awful at them against anybody else in the history of anyone. I would list my favourite games but they would all be Pokémon games.

I was introduced to osu! by one of my online friends that I play League of Legends with. He had me play a beatmap on normal. It was hell. I then proceeded to practice Bloody Stream on normal for an hour until I could finish it. Now I can finish most normal maps I play with an S rank, but I can barely touch a hard map.

Anyway, that was way too long for anybody's comfort so I'm just gonna' stop it here. I hope to have fun with you all! (and i hope to actually remember to frequent the forums...)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Nice to meet you. :)

Enjoy your stay here in osu and it's community :D
Dazdy_old
Welcome to the game and forums! Hope you enjoy it here. If you need any help, feel free to pm me here or ingame once I actually get my pc back.
You actually seem like a nice person, and I congratulate you for the long introduction unlike most of them here. As for repeating a map, I've found that to not be a very good idea. I get much more of a feel for a difficulty if I try a variety of maps in it. And in some cases I've failed to SS a map with a particular mod and it's just been a waste of time after 70 retries. That's just me though. If something works better for you, by all means, go for it.
Cerulean Veyron
Hello, Alec! Welcome to the forums!
Topic Starter
AlecGW
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Dazdy wrote:

As for repeating a map, I've found that to not be a very good idea. I get much more of a feel for a difficulty if I try a variety of maps in it. And in some cases I've failed to SS a map with a particular mod and it's just been a waste of time after 70 retries. That's just me though. If something works better for you, by all means, go for it.
I have strayed away from repeating a map too much. The last time I did it was because I was determined to get my first HS rank, but it was only about 10 tries I think.
I am considering doing it again to get into a hard difficulty mindset, but I'll avoid it for now.

Again, thanks for the welcomes!
AutoMedic
hi
HaruryuuSan
Welcome to the forums.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
Nathan
Enjoy the forums Alec~
Raisha Millenia
Welcome to da community~