forum

[Archived] Cant download beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
circlepit
Problem Details:

Hello,
i cant download beatmaps, the download pops up but the download itself doesnt start.
I googled already but i cant find a solution. I tried it with firefox and chrome, both updated.
And i think i didnt block anything since i setup a new computer. thats why i need all the beatmaps now

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
Flanster
Check/change the location where your browsers are saving the beatmaps.
Topic Starter
circlepit
As usual in the Downloads folder of me (current user)
drum drum
Does using a beatmap mirror help (ie http://bloodcat.com/osu/)
robflop
I hope you don't mind me posting here, but i'm also having download issues.
(I made a topic about my problem 2 months ago, got one reply by peppy with only a possible cause, but no specifications on how to solve it and somewhen after it was put into the "resolved" category. It's still not resolved.)
I kind of don't want to open another topic for the exact same problem, so I hope I can post here.

Basically, since some time (several months) i've been unable to download maps from the official osu! Site or osu!direct.
My Internet connection is ~10mbps download speed and ~1mbps upload speed.
I usually download files at ~1,2mb/s so i'm pretty sure my internet is not the problem here.
Bloodcat downloads work fine, but i'm unable to download anything from the official sites/links/mirrors, whatever you wanna call them.
osu!direct just doesn't progress at all and sometime after i started the download cancels itself (Is at 0,00% or sometimes 0,1% at the time it cancels) and the official site shows me a download speed of ~0,1-1kb/s. This also cancels (or rather pauses) itself after some time (using Firefox 35.01).
I have tried using different browsers, was using Opera at the time when i made the first topic.
(Tried browsers: IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome)
As stated before the only way I'm able to download maps is through bloodcat or other mirrors, those work fine.

Thanks, and again, sorry if I shouldn't post my own issues in another person's thread.

On topic: circlepit, you could try clearing cache/cookies, I guess.
I don't know much about how to resolve download issues since i am having one myself.
VeilStar

robflop wrote:

<wall of text>
I'm pretty sure your issue (t/270498) has been archieved because there was no update for a long time. (See this t/154843)
This is why you bump the thread. But that aside...

Disable your windows firewall, and also your router's firewall, if applicable, and see if that makes any difference.
(It's possible that a firewall is blocking the connection.)
Also try downloading it on a different device (even if it's a phone) on the same network.
If that also doesn't work then try downloading from a different network (at a friend's house, for example).
If nothing works (except for downloading from a friend's place) then I would recommend contacting your ISP about this issue.

Also, what do you get if you click the following link? http://bm4.ppy.sh/
(If you get "osu! download mirror" it works fine, if you don't see that take a screenshot please?)
robflop

VeilStar wrote:

Disable your windows firewall, and also your router's firewall, if applicable, and see if that makes any difference.
(It's possible that a firewall is blocking the connection.)
Have tried deactivating Windows Firewall + Antivirus programs (using avast!), still won't work.

VeilStar wrote:

Also, what do you get if you click the following link? http://bm4.ppy.sh/
(If you get "osu! download mirror" it works fine, if you don't see that take a screenshot please?)
This works fine, showing the words "osu! download mirror" as plain text in the upper left corner.

VeilStar wrote:

Also try downloading it on a different device (even if it's a phone) on the same network.
Tried it on an android smartphone (R800i, xperia play) and it did not work using the Firefox browser for android.
(Went to eat something, came back ~15 minutes later and it was on 9% with an error message)

Also-- as mentioned in my previous post, beatmap mirrors do work.
VeilStar

robflop wrote:

<snip>
Probably a routing issue then.

VeilStar wrote:

I would recommend contacting your ISP about this issue.
robflop

VeilStar wrote:

I would recommend contacting your ISP about this issue.
Well, i'm currently 16 and my dad manages all that, so I can't really do anything about it.
VeilStar

robflop wrote:

Well, i'm currently 16 and my dad manages all that, so I can't really do anything about it.
Then tell your dad to contact your ISP. Or just send them an email. Not doing anything is obviously not gonna get anything resolved.
It's just not something either of us can do anything about.
Topic Starter
circlepit
Same for me: different mirrors work, but the official/osu ones doesnt.

I didnt change my ISP since 3 years, and i was able to download beatmaps before. The problem started about a year ago.

I can try to contact my ISP, but i need more information f.e do you require specific IPs that may be blocked (I could try to ping the servers and see if its working). Others its dumb to just tell them "osu doesnt work" on the phone
peppy
You can use this link to test (and further report the issue to your ISP): http://bm4.ppy.sh/download.test
Topic Starter
circlepit
Could you pm me some server IPs, so i can ping them. Then i could check where the signals stuck (i did it similar for an other online game, my ISP needs this as clarification that its not an issue on my side)
robflop
Turns out it was a problem with our router software.
My father just applied the new software which was just released recently and boom, it's working again!
It's so good to be able to download maps again.