10.92%
Total votes: 229
show more
Cocolites
damn i hate dub their voices sound weird :|
Green Platinum

Cocolites wrote:

Have you listened to Japanese. It's is weird too.
Cocolites

Green Platinum wrote:

Cocolites wrote:

yeah i always listen to it and it isn't really bad what i'm trying to imply is that dub in anime sounds bad for me, not in a real situation like when japanese people are talking
DoodleBlob
Gotta have my anime subbed. I would say a maximum of 1% of all english dubbed anime has good voice actors, depends on the anime though. Plus as I am learning the japanese language, watching subbed anime kinda helps.
AutoMedic

Green Platinum wrote:

Cocolites wrote:

Hi five, brother
-Nya-
The japanese language isn't weird.
It's fricken awesome~!
Green Platinum
There are probably people in Japan who hate how anime voices sound. I have a hard time believing we'd get a response from them here though.
Cocolites

-Nya- wrote:

It's fricken awesome~!

yes Nya.
Green Platinum

Cocolites wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

It's fricken awesome~!

Right back at you Nya. I knew it I'm not the only one yeahh XD :D
Obnoxious high pitched voices, suffixes at the end of sentences (like Desu, Poi w/e) etc. are awesome?
AutoMedic

Cocolites wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

It's fricken awesome~!

Right back at you Nya. I knew it I'm not the only one yeahh XD :D
Japanese is a fucking headache. What's the point if the only words that you can only understand is desu
silmarilen
subs. dubs just feels... awkward to me. being able to understand what they are saying without having to look at the subs. sounds kinda lame i guess but that's how it is for me lol.
-Nya-
@ AutoMedic: That's why we have subs. Duh!~ The voices also just fit the anime characters better.
HaruryuuSan
Subs ofc
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

@ AutoMedic: That's why we have subs. Duh!~ The voices also just fit the anime characters better.
Except they don't always, Japanese Black Lagoon for example is awful.
-Nya-
@ Green Platinum: I don't even know what that is. I'm talking about the popular anime.
Gumpy
Black lagoon is pretty popular according to MAL.
Green Platinum
Other 'unpopular' animes include Code Geass, Deathnote and Cowboy Bebop. The skill is there in dubs it's just not a worthwhile investment for localisation companies to make because people will still say japanese is better without even listening to the alternative.
Cocolites
It depends on the kind of char. and the situation if it'll be high or not and so wut that's how we think(awesome voice words or whateves) why do you even care i mean that's our opinion :/ why can't you just accept it.

Green Platinum wrote:

Other 'unpopular' animes include Code Geass, Deathnote and Cowboy Bebop. The skill is there in dubs it's just not a worthwhile investment for localisation companies to make because people will still say japanese is better without even listening to the alternative.

Yes we listen to it and didn't you read what nyah said "the voices just fit the anime char. better"
Green Platinum

Green Platinum wrote:

Both can be horrible in their own way.
Both can be good in their own way.
This has always been my position and I hugely disagree with the people masquerading as if Japanese is universally better.
Volta

-Nya- wrote:

It's fricken awesome~!
can't agree more. but sometimes it feels weird if the characters is not from japan but they speak japanese. it's so unnatural. why don't they have voice actors that can speak both english and japanese fluently?
DeletedUser_3905941

Flying Pan wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

It's fricken awesome~!
can't agree more. but sometimes it feels weird if the characters is not from japan but they speak japanese. it's so unnatural. why don't they have voice actors that can speak both english and japanese fluently?
fluency =/= accent
Green Platinum
They'd also need to spend more with script writers, spell-checkers and include subtitles for the Japanese audience.

Chihara Minori

Green Platinum wrote:

Both can be horrible in their own way.
Both can be good in their own way.
This is so undoubtable.

I don't have problem with both of it actually
Well why they just dont make their own rather than Dubbing what already exist
Such of wasting time. . .
Raiken-
Sub.

Dub is just like direspecting the original voice actor.
That's what I think.
Justykanna

Green Platinum wrote:

Obnoxious high pitched voices, suffixes at the end of sentences (like Desu, Poi w/e) etc. are awesome?
I find the high pitch voices to be a bloody headache actually. Is it popular? Sure. But I never got the appeal.
Ars Nova is the only one I've watched that I accepted it, simply because I liked everything else about it.

Otamegartist wrote:

Sub.

Dub is just like direspecting the original voice actor.
That's what I think.
Wut. How's that a fair argument at all?
-Nya-
But Anime is a japanese invention. You can't just take their stuff and give it to the english people *cough* Americans *cough* cuz the voices are a bit too high. That's how their voices sound. Get over it.
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

But Anime is a japanese invention. You can't just take their stuff and give it to the english people *cough* Americans *cough* cuz the voices are a bit too high. That's how their voices sound. Get over it.
But Animation isn't a Japanese invention so clearly it was wrong to begin with right?

Chinese or British depending on who you ask
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoetrope
-Nya-
@ Green Platinum: Anime sweetie! Big eyes, adult storylines. Yeah, the original plots and designs are purely Japanese.
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

@ Green Platinum: Anime sweetie! Big eyes, adult storylines. Yeah, the original plots and designs are purely Japanese.
Big Eyes were adopted around the 90's so they can't define anime and neither can adult storylines (I doubt you'd want to defend this point as there are series like Princess Knight and Astroboy, Osamu Tezuka is the director often noted for making anime to appeal to a adult audience.

Your point was Anime is Japanese therefore the Japanese must know what is best for it. So I responded with a perfectly consistent with your logic point. If you really think Japanese voice acting is an accurate depiction of actual Japanese this discussion is pretty asinine.
-Nya-
Anime has to be japanese. What else is it? I mean, Anime is very big in Japan, much bigger than anywhere else in the world.
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

Anime has to be japanese. What else is it? I mean, Anime is very big in Japan, much bigger than anywhere else in the world.
I don't see what popularity has to do with anything? elaborate please?
-Nya-
It means you can't just take their stuff and pretend like it's yours. I mean, why don't we take all the english animation and make them japanese? Why? Cuz their from America, not Japan.
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

It means you can't just take their stuff and pretend like it's yours. I mean, why don't we take all the english animation and make them japanese? Why? Cuz their from America, not Japan.
No official dub claims the series as their own though. The owners are recognised on the disc case and credits etc. There are official Japanese dubs of american cartoons as well like My Little Pony, Southpark and The Simpsons etc. If Japanese is the superior audio language why don't you take all the american cartoons and make them Japanese?
Justykanna

-Nya- wrote:

But Anime is a japanese invention. You can't just take their stuff and give it to the english people *cough* Americans *cough*
You very much sound like Americans steal anime... o_O

Oddly enough, anime in English does appeal to a few people. In fact, I first watched anime in English.
Yu-Gi-Oh & GX, Pokémon, Digimon Adventure 1 & 2, Dragonball Z, Bayblade, Inu-Yasha - all of which I watched in English... They were very enjoyable.

Green Platinum wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

No official dub claims the series as their own though. The owners are recognised on the disc case and credits etc. There are official Japanese dubs of american cartoons as well like My Little Pony, Southpark and The Simpsons etc. If Japanese is the superior audio language why don't you take all the american cartoons and make them Japanese?
+1 this. Owners are credited.
-Nya-
That's the thing. Anime: Japanese (Americans stay away!!)
Cartoons: I don't care what the americans do with these.

That's how it should be.
-Nya-
@ Justykanna: You know what, at first I also watched it in english cuz I thought, well, it's supposed to be english but then I started watching the original versions and it blew me away. If I haven't started watching anime in japanese, I never would have liked it that much.
Justykanna

-Nya- wrote:

That's the thing. Anime: Japanese (Americans stay away!!)
Cartoons: I don't care what the americans do with these.

That's how it should be.

-Nya- wrote:

@ Justykanna: You know what, at first I also watched it in english cuz I thought, well, it's supposed to be english but then I started watching the original versions and it blew me away. If I haven't started watching anime in japanese, I never would have liked it that much.
I can honestly say that people are going to prefer what they prefer and stick with that - this thread and the other two that I linked are proof of that. My sister's into anime WAY more than I am so I can speak with the experience that I have a sister who loves everything anime (and manga). So the fact that you gave them a try: points for that.

I actually watched Inu-Yasha in Japanese (out of necessity, when 'The Final Act' just came out) and I really don't like Inu-Yasha's voice actor. He comes off as someone who sounds like they whine all the time and Richard Ian Cox (the English dub actor) comes off as more serious and mature. But that's me, that's what I prefer (in this example).

My reasoning in a general sense isn't the same as everyone else: It's not always because of the sound - though Naruto's a good example of a English dub that I can't agree with - but I'm having a hard time reading ALL the subtitles. I'm a slow reader. And when you watch action/mecha, you want to watch that in great detail (especially the ones that look good... ex: Attack on Titan, Valvrave the Liberator). Subs don't always allow for my full enjoyment of how the anime looks and that matters to me.
-Nya-
Fine, I guess everyone has their own tastes and whatnot. You can't really change that :O The japanese language is still cool though :D
Cocolites

-Nya- wrote:

Fine, I guess everyone has their own tastes and whatnot. You can't really change that :O The japanese language is still cool though :D
I know right that's why this thread was made for that to tell your opinions or what you like more sub or dub but i really don't get it why most people over contradict something you said just because they don't agree with it and find many ways just to prove they're right.........................................and yeh japanese is still cool :)
-Nya-

Cocolites wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

I know right that's why this thread was made for that to tell your opinions or what you like more sub or dub but i really don't get it why most people over contradict something you said just because they don't agree with it and find many ways just to prove they're right.........................................and yeh japanese is still cool :)
I know, right.
Japanese is so Moe~! (>^ 3 ^)>
show more