forum

Wtf is with these rank drops

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kamiinari
It's been over a year i think since i was around rank 10k now i nearly reached 30k. Everything started after some changes to pp system. Many times i could fc insane song or even get like top 100 score and got - rank. Today I completly gave up on this sytem I did kamiinari achieved rank #37 on DECO*27 - Streaming Heart feat. Hatsune Miku [0920's Insane] (osu!) and after that i got - 53 rank. I know it's not much but you get the gist of it . I lost data from old pc and cant rly "fix" any old songs with bad score and it seems when i try to finish new ones i can sometimes after only fc them get after each -XX rank.
Isn't there any way to reset or something like this acc. I cant dig and find where i did poorly to play it again just because i cant play new songs without losing rank to it.
Sry for a bit long whining but something broke in me today.
ZenithPhantasm
Stop caring about ranks and play the damn game.
zwoots
Accuracy is based on your top scores
PP is no longer based in ranks

Get new top score by getting high accuracy FC's on hard songs: Gain peppy points and fix awful accuracy.

Win win
FieryLight
Well, if you get #1 on an [Extra] map with a max combo of 80x and your accuracy is 40% do you really really think you deserve a load of pp just for being #1?

On the other hand, imagine you somehow got #9001 on the Big Black even though you SS'd it with DT. Should you get 0 pp because you're only #9001?

The *performance* points system would be pretty broken if you answered yes to both questions.
Mahogany
Also, you're not "Losing ranks", people are just passing you.
Kwonaiden
All your top scores looks about right when it comes to your current rank.

I hardly remember any thing about PPv1 because I started playing seriously around Oct 2013 so I think it was not too long before the switch over (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) I remember just playing farming normal rating maps (mostly on HR) alot within the 2 months ranking to like 34k or something like that. I was happy until I got my ass handed to me in multiplayer by lower ranks on just hard maps and people were like "WTF this map should be easy for you" I had my first taste of finding out that rank means chit to a certain point in the prev PP system and that I was trash. After the switch over I dropped to 6xk or something and I was happy cuz that was my true measurement of ability.

Just because a map say insane can be misleading, always follow the star rating guide (Ofc back then it was liek 1 to 5 stars and hard/insane/lunatic/extra was bunched in the same 5 star category.

Soo yea I like this PPv2 cuz you really have to try to top your ability on maps you played before on to progress and rank up.
leepdesu
"Play More™", you'll eventually rank up more
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Also, you're not "Losing ranks", people are just passing you.

You ARE losing ranks. Just not pp.
shortpotato
your rank is not based on what rank u get on songs
ZenithPhantasm
Play more=pp
I Give Up
Better hurry. 3k pp will barely get you back into #10k these days.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Better hurry. 3k pp will barely get you back into #10k these days.
3k pp is like 10,300 or something. It's crazy.

e: 10,562 or thereabouts.
winber1
[-Cloud-]
Play more Big Black.
Topic Starter
kamiinari
seems like i rly outdated concerning new rank systems xd oh well at least you made me realise it's not that much because i have some old scores with bad ranks(from when i was starting playing) which i cant rly redo .
Thx anyway and again sry i just got a bit angry yesterday xd.