forum

Goals

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
Necturion
Hi there.

I came up with this idea while playing some osu! and I thought this would make a great (supporter?) additions.

What are goals?

Goals are pretty much "personal achievements" you can create ingame. This could either be FCing a map, reaching a very high score etc. (more is covered later)

How goals should be created

Since goals are personal, I think they should be created in the Beatmap list by right clicking the map. Then the Beatmap menu pops up as usual and there should be a new option called "create goal for this map" or so.

I also think there should be a list of goals accessable somewhere in the game, showing a list of your goals and whether you've reached them or not (a pink O or a red X = not reached, a green = reached. It should also be noted when the goal has been reached.

(Actually, there could be a new tab on the profile of every player with their goals?)

What goals should there be?

I think after you klicked the "create goal" option there should open another window ingame with some options for your goal. These options should include:

*Full Combo
*A score of 90+% of the max score (This could even be adjustable from 80-100, would be cool)
*100% (only if it isn't adjustable in the point mentioned above)
*Beating player ~insert name here~'s personal best score of this map
*finishing beatmap xy (it should be checkmarked manually, because the game doesn't know whether a mapset is finished or not)
*getting beatmap xy ranked

[other types, not beatmap related, they could be set by clicking on your avatar in the main menu?]

*reaching a certain amount of pp
*reaching a certain rank
*reaching a certain national rank
*reaching a higher rank than ~insert name here~
*reaching a certain playcount

What happens if the goal is reached?

When the beatmap is finished and you are at the scorecard, there sould be a notification, saying "congratulations, you have reached your goal!" and a special sound effect should be played.

Also, it should be noted that a player has reached a goal of his/her in the timeline on the profile.

And what's the point of it?

It would be a handy addition to the game, since we could manage all of our goals ingame, and I think we all have our own personal goals.
Also, getting an achievement in a game psychologically motivates us to play more, especially when it is unexpected.
Stefan
Most of these things are suggested as achievements in the General Achievement Request Thread. idk if "personal achievements" which are completely just for own preferences are needed here.
Topic Starter
Necturion
They're not quite "achievements", it's more like a automatic checklist, mainly accessible ingame, unlike osu!'s achievements
Vuelo Eluko
you can keep track of such things yourself with EASE.
PatZar
are you think this is an RPG game? xD
silmarilen
just use a notepad file for this. it is not only a lot faster, it is also clearer because you dont have to look at different places for different types of achievements.
you can even use your userpage if you want other people to know your goals.
Stefan

Mono98 wrote:

They're not quite "achievements", it's more like a automatic checklist, mainly accessible ingame, unlike osu!'s achievements
I'd highly suggest to use a own userpage or Trello.
Miterosan
I support this because as he said "It would be a handy addition to the game, since we could manage all of our goals ingame, and I think we all have our own personal goals.
Also, getting an achievement in a game psychologically motivates us to play more, especially when it is unexpected.
"

I hope this get implemented :)
Topic Starter
Necturion
Well, at least some like it :)
xasuma
Interesting idea. But maybe a bit unnecessary because of user pages IMO.
mummie

xasuma wrote:

Interesting idea. But maybe a bit unnecessary because of user pages IMO.
true and you can make your own collections ingame aswell to keep track