forum

[Archived] Right-hand side of screen cut off

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Woddles
Problem Details: Exactly as the title states. Everything rendered ingame that is on the far right-hand side of the screen gets cut off. This includes friends list, beatmap selection, mods chosen for playing a map and even notes themselves in beatmaps. Obviously the last reason is why this is extremely annoying.

I only seemed to have this issue after accidentally changing to full-screen mode then changing back.

So far I have tried changing resolutions, re-entering full-screen mode then exiting it again (figured id give it a shot) and trying each different build of osu! incase the issue was suddenly fixed.
I'd rather not have to do a fresh install of osu! again as I don't want to have to download every single beatmap again (every time I try to reinstall osu! and copy my previous beatmaps folder over, they all become 'corrupt' and don't load).

I've tried searching for issues similar to this, but the only results I can come across are either old 5+ month posts or something completely different to my issue.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/g4XSX/db9ccb68e0.jpg

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
VeilStar
I thought I had seen this reported before and found this topic The screenshot has been removed, though I remember it being basically the same thing.

Anyhow, I think this should be looked into and actually prevented from happening.

But for now at least you can download this, and extract all the files into your osu! installation folder.
(There are hidden files in there, so if you extract it elsewhere make sure you're moving the hidden files too.)
This is basically like re-installing the game but without going trough the mess of backing things up and installing and what not.
(Don't, worry, you won't lose any settings, beamaps, skins, replays, or anything else.)

If it's an issue with the game files (that aren't user-based such as collections,settings and beatmaps) then this will fix it.
If the issue lies with a user-based setting then this obviously won't to shit and that setting will have to be changed.
That being said, if this doesn't fix it then I would move the following files out of the osu! installation folder and see if that fixes it.
  • osu!.cfg
    osu!.<username>.cfg
That's about all I can say now. Obviously not gonna go into the "miaw miaw try switching settings miaw miaw thing" as you've said you've already tried that.
Topic Starter
Woddles
Just discovered I ONLY have this cut-off issue/bug with the game in 1280x1024 resolution. Any other resolution works fine with no cut-off. While this may be considered a 'fix' to it, it really isn't because 1280x1024 is my native resolution I play osu! in and I'm not really up for completely changing how I play just because of a bug like this :\

Also I tried both the 'half re-install' of osu!, as well as moving both config files. Neither of these 2 fixed the cut-off issue.
VeilStar
Oh wow. Just tried to replicate and yeah.. this is messed up.
It's weird though. I remember this being reported before, and it got fixed. Why the hell is this back?

So yeah, I could succesfully replicate on both Stable & CE.

Can confirm.
Topic Starter
Woddles
Anyone else able to reproduce this issue?
Okoratu
It seems to cut off some of the right part of the playfield as well, at least a lot more stuff is off-screen to the right side of the screen in this resolution than in any other one, which makes no sense, i also popped a bubble over that thing once and noticed the same thing is the case in a few of my own maps, while they are ok in any other res.

pop

so because I noticed that i don't know how many more maps do that, if anyone cares and if this is a bug or a feature...

I would appreciate clarification on that topic as well .-.

also yes this issue is easy to replicate.

this doesn't look intentional at all as well uhhhhhhhh
it's literally everything
overlapping
everything

no other res seems to do that, it's confusing to look at, the question is: is that intended??
Topic Starter
Woddles
Still having this issue.
ziin
Play on 1280x960. 1280x1024 should just blackbar the top and bottom or be disallowed. Osu is a 4:3 game and 5:4 was a terrible resolution to begin with. I hate that monitor companies forced it down our throats.
Okoratu
that doesn't change the fact that it exists and keeps annoying people who map and who have to then check these maps for offscreen objects

as well as people who just want to see their friendlist . . D:
TheVileOne
Those people could use a different resolution. A fix will not be soon.