forum

Re-upload graveyard map (HELP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
linkuan
I found a map of a song I like in the graveyard. So I made a new difficulty over the original. Now I want to upload it but osu says that I'm not the owner of the beatmap so I can't upload it.

It's really frustrating because it took me like 40 hours to make it, and I can't just start all over. I'm a new mapper after all.

Please, if someone knows a way to upload it please tell me. PLEASE.
winber1
You have to make your own mapset for it.

Just drag the mp3 file from that map into the osu editor screen, then open the map, then adjust all the settings. Copy past the .osu file from the other mapset and place it into your own mapset. You can quickly open the osu folder of the mapset with all the files under the file tab.
Topic Starter
linkuan
:(
Topic Starter
linkuan

winber1 wrote:

You have to make your own mapset for it.

Just drag the mp3 file from that map into the osu editor screen, then open the map, then adjust all the settings. Copy past the .osu file from the other mapset and place it into your own mapset. You can quickly open the osu folder of the mapset with all the files under the file tab.
I already tried that, and even I tried with the difficulty I made from nothing. But osu stills saying I'm not the owner of the mapset.
winber1
You're not doing it right.

Drag the mp3 INTO the osu editor song select screen. This will create a new map under YOUR name. Upload THIS mapset to osu!
In order to transfer your difficulty, copy paste the .osu from the original file into the new folder from the mapset under your name.
vincaslt
I think you also need to change owner and ID of the map. Set map's ID to -1.

Just open the .osu file of your difficulty and change mapsetID to 0, beatmapID to -1 and Creator to yourself. All this after importing mp3 into osu and replacing the .osu file. Just use common sense
Topic Starter
linkuan

vincaslt wrote:

I think you also need to change owner and ID of the map. Set map's ID to -1.

Just open the .osu file of your difficulty and change mapsetID to 0, beatmapID to -1 and Creator to yourself. All this after importing mp3 into osu and replacing the .osu file. Just use common sense
WOOOOOWOWOWOW

REALLY THANKS VINCASLT!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for replying this late but I didn't have time to. Really, I apreciate your help.