forum

Rameses B - Mountains (feat. Veela)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UndeadCapulet
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
versatility
lol wth happened to normal ... its only 16 secs
Topic Starter
UndeadCapulet

versatility wrote:

lol wth happened to normal ... its only 16 secs
I had one finished but I'm remapping it and I'm lazy orz
versatility
oh well idk what happened but it was good before the update :D nice bm btw ... this song is too good
Pittigbaasje
Overal: Slider tick rate 1 would be better

Zenith
Alright, I really like the overall flow of this difficulty! There are however several things you could improve:
00:00:754 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I noticed that you placed these upon the vague sound in the background of the song. But I think it would be better to snap them on the 1/1 bars to follow the echo of her voice, instead of the background sound.

00:11:326 (1) - this hitcircle is not needed, if you want to capture that first sound in your beatmap, I think a slider like this would be better:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099733

00:11:383 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Also I don't really get why you let all of those slider end on a 1/16 grey tick instead of a red 1/2 tick, cuz they sound fine on those red ticks.

00:16:483 (1) - This slider should be snapped to the 1/1 white tick as well.

00:17:555 (2) - The same goes for this slider, you should let it end on the 1/1 white tick instead of on the 1/4 blue tick. (like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099753)

00:52:869 (8) - This slider goes way to fast, there isn't really an increase in the speed of the music, so I would strongly suggest not increasing the slider velocity at all on this spot.

00:58:355 (1) - Same goes for this slider, either decrease the amount or delete the increase of velocity completely.

02:14:469 (2) - This slider goes unneccesarily slow compared to the one before that.

02:19:955 (2) - The same goes for this slider.

02:22:697 (2) - And this one.

02:25:440 (2) - And this one.

02:28:033 (2) - And this one, and this slider also needs to be snapped at the 1/1 tick instead of the 1/16 one. It also sounds better if it goes from the 1/1 to the next 1/1 like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099786

02:30:926 (2) - I think that this slider needs to end on this spot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099788 because this way you follow the ticking sound in the background untill she breathes to sing. It sounds like a better transition between fore- and background than ending it on the red 1/2 tick like in its current state.

02:50:812 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Holy shit. If you want to increase the spacing between the circles of the stream, do so gradually instead of randomly. But I don't think there should be an increase in spacing at all. Maybe try to get the same spacing between every hitcircle of the stream?

03:16:869 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1) - Same goes for this stream, I think it would be way better for the playability of this map if you would chose to have the same spacing between those notes.

03:18:240 (1,1,1) - There should be slightly less spacing between these notes, also snap them on 1/8 ticks instead of 1/16, like so:https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099830. Try to avoid using 1/16 at all. If it ever only sounds good using 1/16, it's probably either the offset or the bpm which is off, but that isn't the case here.
Topic Starter
UndeadCapulet

Pittigbaasje wrote:

Woah someone came around to mod this lol, and someone who's good at this game, too o.O Thanks for coming by but yeah this map is super unpolished atm. I made this map months ago and was still pretty inexperienced and even though I want to get it ranked I've been focusing on other projects. This map was made around the time I was experimenting with the concept of "if everything's in a consistent beat, SV changes don't matter," which in hindsight is a very bad idea. I hope you don't mind if I call you back in the future for more playtests/mods once I've gone through and fixed a lot of the arbitrary SV changes and stuff.

Anywho guess I'll go ahead and address what you've said now, I'll skip over a lot of stuff about SVs since as I said I'm going to rework/remap a lot, I just can't do it right now because finals -.-

Overal: Slider tick rate 1 would be better Haven't decided what I'm going to do for hitsounding yet, so I haven't finalized a tickrate yet either. I'll go ahead and change it, but it might change again in the future

Zenith
Alright, I really like the overall flow of this difficulty! yay! :3
There are however several things you could improve:
00:00:754 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I noticed that you placed these upon the vague sound in the background of the song. But I think it would be better to snap them on the 1/1 bars to follow the echo of her voice, instead of the background sound. At least it's coming through what I'm doing here :3 I don't want to follow the vocal echo here because A: it doesn't last as long; and B: since I'm not starting on the vocals but instead the instrumental "boom" soundy thing it doesn't make sense to then switch to the vocals

00:11:326 (1) - this hitcircle is not needed, if you want to capture that first sound in your beatmap, I think a slider like this would be better:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099733 There's a grace note there that I will map no matter what

00:11:383 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Also I don't really get why you let all of those slider end on a 1/16 grey tick instead of a red 1/2 tick, cuz they sound fine on those red ticks. I'm more or less positive the sound lands on the grey tick, if you slow it down with tick rate 2 you hear the tick before the keyboard(?) sound

00:16:483 (1) - This slider should be snapped to the 1/1 white tick as well. Again I'm positive the vocal is on the yellow ticks here, though listening closer I may in the future do something with that other instrumental sound on the last white tick

00:17:555 (2) - The same goes for this slider, you should let it end on the 1/1 white tick instead of on the 1/4 blue tick. (like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099753) Fixed

00:52:869 (8) - This slider goes way to fast, there isn't really an increase in the speed of the music, so I would strongly suggest not increasing the slider velocity at all on this spot. Actually I think I did this because of the loud, high note, I will at the very least reduce the jump in speed but I'm going to have to think about whether or not I want to completely get rid of it, this is kind of cool

00:58:355 (1) - Same goes for this slider, either decrease the amount or delete the increase of velocity completely. Similar to above, I've got some contemplating to do

02:14:469 (2) - This slider goes unneccesarily slow compared to the one before that. You're right about all of these SV changes being too drastic, in fact I'm probably going to completely rework this section to have no SV changes at all, but since I have to redesign the sliders I'll do that when I have more time to be creative

02:28:033 (2) - And this one, and this slider also needs to be snapped at the 1/1 tick instead of the 1/16 one. It also sounds better if it goes from the 1/1 to the next 1/1 like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099786 That's a neat idea but it's not what I'm going for, I want the slider to end with the vocals and the keyboard run. When I rework these slider designs I'll see if I can implement the sound on the tick you pointed out into the design. Also, you're right about the slider ending on the white tick but the vocal starts on the grey I have so it's staying there.

02:30:926 (2) - I think that this slider needs to end on this spot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099788 because this way you follow the ticking sound in the background untill she breathes to sing. It sounds like a better transition between fore- and background than ending it on the red 1/2 tick like in its current state. Good idea! I'm ending it on the blue tick though cuz that's right around when the breath starts and to give a bit more emphasis to the spinner loading in which also maps the breathing in a way

02:50:812 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Holy shit. If you want to increase the spacing between the circles of the stream, do so gradually instead of randomly. But I don't think there should be an increase in spacing at all. Maybe try to get the same spacing between every hitcircle of the stream? So....the original idea behind these streams was that they flow the same way as regular spaced streams (if not better) but look more interesting. These here definitely don't cut it and I'm probably going to scrap that idea anyway since now I just think they're ugly. However, I still at least want to imitate Kiiwa and have differing spacing for extra emphasis. So yeah in the future this whole section will be remapped to both look and flow better but I have to really think about how exactly I want to go about that.

03:16:869 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1) - Same goes for this stream, I think it would be way better for the playability of this map if you would chose to have the same spacing between those notes. Rough fix on changing these from the "interesting" streams I talked about above (and by interesting I mean shit lol why did I think that was a good idea) but the spacing here will definitely get larger as a means of mapping the build-up.

03:18:240 (1,1,1) - There should be slightly less spacing between these notes, also snap them on 1/8 ticks instead of 1/16, like so:https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3099830. Try to avoid using 1/16 at all. If it ever only sounds good using 1/16, it's probably either the offset or the bpm which is off, but that isn't the case here. These are 1/3 silly guy :P I have to space them out like that so it's obvious it isn't 1/4, as far as playability goes idk they probably need work lol maybe in irc you can help me with placement?
Pittigbaasje
Hey!

Yeah I love the song and most of the beatmap, so I just had to mod this :D
Your comments seem fair enough, I'm not really a modder but I tried to state down improvements to the best of my knowledge. I'm glad some points were helpful!
I'd love to keep testing your map, just message me in game when you updated it (:
I hope I'll see this map pop-up in the ranked beatmaps section one day!

Cheers
-Pittigbaasje