How Did You Discover Anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
LeleBrq
I don't remember how
WavePoint
From anime YouTube channels apparently.

(Not giving his channel's name 'cause you know what every wants in the internet: ATTENTION.)
Alysia_old_1
I found it when I was looking over my sister's shoulder when i was younger
Brent Parker
My sister XD
[- LenoxHD -]
I was too innocent before i discovered anime. I was just scrolling through Facebook and found a lewd anime scene, I was curious so i did some research and started watching that anime xD. And after than happen more and more lewd anime stuff appear on my Facebook. Curiosity probably helped me discover anime :v

(The anime was Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo)
Luqanted
by a PSP game kekekekek
Stanvord
Found Pokemon somehow. don't know where
Keiger
I started to watch pokemon, a lot of it, now im hooked, now i usually watch anime on crunchyroll or something
Alysia_old_1
I saw cool art styles on a museum
Nitrous
Siblings made me play Project Diva (yes that Vocaloid rhythm game). Got curious and used Google.
NerdyBaka
I discovered Anime when I watched one episode of Naruto on RTL ;p Can't remember exactly when.
-Cappuchino-
Gang Cartoon and MCOT's Thai dubs.
tbh Doraemon Thai dubs are the best anime dub you'll ever hear in Thailand.
then never touched anime again since 7 until now
i got interested in anime again bc Kobayashi's dragon maid amd now im a weeb
and, oh one of my friends used to challenge me to dance to highschool dxd's op but i thought anime=hentai back then so
Steii
Sonagi
When I was 5, my friend happened to have the entire Inuyasha anime series and we would watch even with our parents around
they didn't really care tho :ooo
also from plain old television with the usual Dragon Ball, Naruto, Pokemon, etc :,D
SmokeyBonez
I walked in my cousin's house with clannad on the TV and started watching it.
thought it was pretty nice but never touched anime until a year later
mulraf
as a kid my father actually always watched dragonball with me and my brother. thus we started watching more anime on local tv as kids. a few years without anime went by and suddenly my brother started watching this new show, naruto. i thought it was a ga* kids show and didn't bother much but since my brother always urged me to, one day i gave it another chance. since i'm posting in this forum, you can probably imagine the rest of the story

(sorry if typos; on mobile phone rn)
SupertCZ
Well, I started playing osu!.. So that's how I got into this.. :D
rightgate
Well, my cousin introduced me and my brother to another, then like a year later we watched chuu2byo with a similar protagonist and started to like it !
KuroSeijin
FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES tbh but i get distracted by the plot and that's where it starts :)
Lost-Replay
When I was in 7th grade my friend showed me Sgt Frog which was my first anime
Mineko
when I started playing osu! lol
Alizie_old
When I was 5 years old, because of my sister. uwu
J25_games
Watched pokemon when i was younger, if you talking about knowing what anime is only a couple years ago from watching some anime youtubers
schilar
I discovered it through a crappy yandere game.
Green Platinum

schilar wrote:

I discovered it through a crappy yandere game.
Idk how you get to crappy yandere games before anime.
pkhg
the day i joined osu
i literally was like "why pokemon has japanese songs lol" back then
E m i
watched bleach every day at 10-11pm (don't remember) every night when i was like 4-6 years old

didn't know what was going on. just discovered it randomly while watching a tv channel
Cote
Watched Highschool of the Dead, i was like 7 years old and I did not know what was going on I just watched the zombies
HawkAussie
Funny enough, it was a friend that had liked a page on Facebook and I thought why not check it out. The rest they say is history.
Mamba_old_1
I randomly found YuruYuri in 2012, i loved it so much and i keep watching anime since 2012 :D
nikky
I'm a half japanese, that's why.
f3n1ks
I was 3 years old and my dad was watching the animes on french television.

Saint seiya, Dragonball, etc.. the old ones

Glad that other people enjoy anime as much as i do ^^
Shiina Yuuki
FROM THIS GAME !!!!!!!
Coriolis
7 year old me went on netflix and decided to watch SAO.
six years_old
hfgdhdfghdfhfhhfgh
SrJuanraHD
I heard a friend talking about some tipe of 'Titans being killed by soldiers' and I was like WTF, then he told me that it was anime, and the anime that he was talking about was 'Shingeki no Kyojin' or 'Attack on Titan'. This was 6 years ago, and now, I can't stop watching anime, I love it. Asuna and Zero-Two best waifus <3
Sensor
Osu! made me discover anime, those anime OP beatmap made me interested in anime
joltypanda
I grew up watching a ton of Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, One Piece, Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh when I was a kid. During my teens I decided to watch Fullmetal Alchemist and a few more popular animes around 2010s. Ever since i've done nothing but watch.
K4STOR
While I was dealing with depression, I would watch Youtube a lot. I found a recommended video on YouTube that was a funny moments for some anime called Trinity Seven and after watching it I decided to watch the whole anime because it looked funny. After watching it I looked on MyAnimeList and found different recommended ones that were like Trinity Seven. That's when I got into anime.
abraker
I was exposed to anime before I even knew it was anime: Pokemon, Digimon, SonicX

It was in my first year of highschool I started noticing that there is a specific style of animation that is much different from western cartoons. But I didn't know what to call that style, so it was hard to find. Enter my second year of highschool, and my sister comes to me with a recommendation from her friend to watch Fullmetal Alchemist. The rest is history.
show more