forum

How Did You Discover Anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mafuuu
Saw my cousin watching Fairy Tail during great grandma's funeral. Watched with him, asked for the title, then continued watching at home.
Suri
I was forced to watch TV when i used to be in elementary school because my parents both worked fulltime, and then it started with Animes like Digimon and Card Captor Sakura, and today, Card Captor Sakura is still one of my favorites ♥ Then i didn't watch it for years but when I woke up, i remembered it and rewatched everything and now i'm totally addicted to animes and mangas :D
[ LJ ]
friends and because AOT looked interesting xD
puccithecat
watching it on tv
Runiel
My dad bought me a DVD of the first Naruto Episode when i was about 6, But i never really found interest until 2013.
BlackGoldSaw
I used to fall asleep on the couch as a kid while I watched stuff like Eureka 7 or InuYasha. I didn't know it was anime then, though. Years later, at the beginning of highschool, a guy told me about Angel Beats!
Meah
Tv
yousofashraf
Nee-chan told me about it ...i was a kid back then and we were watching. " Chibi maroko chan "
Then i serched for anime and watched " lovely complex " the found alot of anime websites
And BOOM i became an Otaku ! :) :) :D
_Hatsumi
I've been introduced to anime since i was a kid, when doraemon still shows up on the tv xD

but how do i discover anime? I got curious by One-Punch Man and ask my otaku friend about it, he then let me streaming a few episode in his house, and i watched the rest episode in my home. and...................here i am, a shut-in who likes watching anime and reading manga :lol:
Sarura_old
I grew up with the Fire Emblem game series since my uncle is a collector of those games, and I watched the OVA anime based on the first game. After that, I ventured off to shows like Princess Tutu and Baccano, and I wound up where I am today, constantly adding to my list of animes to watch.
athyriel

EshkushMeh xD wrote:

A friend of mine let me borrow her collection of anime DVDs and then I got hooked :D
After that, I searched for more anime to watch and then... I became an otaku :)

(... or weeaboo. Which is the right term? ._.)
Otaku is addicted to anime/loves it.

Weaboo is an obsession.
Yocake
I got involved by reading light novels of Suzumiya Haruhi series.
kherthy
First time I've seen bleach on old popular polish TV channel called Hyper. After many years my friend told me to watch fullmetal alchemist and I became an otaku.
xeroll17
My cousin introduce me to Naruto when i was like 9 or 10, liked it enough to watch it through, after i catched up with manga i read untill the last chapter and then i found out it was still ongoing at that point. Was really tired of waiting for the next one so i found Bleach, then One Piece, then FMA, Death Note...
Rammy
netflix c:
Meah
classmates
Adorn
Had a very nice group of friends who introduced me to actually watching animes, but before that I googled it so I could copy images off Google and draw them out, that's how I started drawing too.
Luqanted
eyes
PSP game
KeXagon
I firstly watched Oda Nobuna no Yabou in Fall 2014, that was my beginning of watching Animes. But the very first Anime I really watched and liked was School Rumble (watched in 2012)https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=75&t=303434#
Raiken-
It was on tv.
Antiverse
Started watching in 2011. Watched some about 150 TVs. Every year I watched less and less titles until I completely stopped.
I think I got tired of seeing such love and such friendship that will never happen to be irl. Also the anime girls' cuteness makes me sick by now - every time I remember the real girls, which I don't even want to talk about. Bleakness of the real world is unbearable - but the world of anime only intensifies the despair I feel. Anime is a very fragile shelter for people who couldn't find a place under the sun.
Lincher
Via Jetix channel TV, I was just wondering about SonicX , Naruto and others. So I came to netz. xD
- Feenal -
In the past when I was a kid, I would watch some anime with my mother. I never really understood it from how young I was, but I still enjoyed it. Then years later, at the end of middle school (around June 2014), I was looking for songs to listen to. I came across a cool looking AMV, and I really liked the song. I knew it was anime from my past experiences, so i decided to try and find that anime to watch. After watching Black Rock Shooter, it became my first anime when I decided to really get into watching, and enjoying anime.
Annadine
A few years before my best friend found out that she was going to move to Japan because her dad was going to do his PhD there, she began to research and learn Japanese and all those stuffs, and kinda dragged me along with it. At first I only love Japanese culture and language, but then we discovered anime and it was a sad anime (can't remember what it's called) so I kinda got emotionally attached to it :')
staarlxght
It was a really boring day and I asked my mother if she has any ideas, she told me to draw Sailor Moon.
MrAdamson45
through my friend at school.

you did mean 18+ stuff, didn't you??

(XD just a prank, fam (don't report me plz))
LeleBrq
I don't remember how
WavePoint
From anime YouTube channels apparently.

(Not giving his channel's name 'cause you know what every wants in the internet: ATTENTION.)
Alysia_old_1
I found it when I was looking over my sister's shoulder when i was younger
Brent Parker
My sister XD
[- LenoxHD -]
I was too innocent before i discovered anime. I was just scrolling through Facebook and found a lewd anime scene, I was curious so i did some research and started watching that anime xD. And after than happen more and more lewd anime stuff appear on my Facebook. Curiosity probably helped me discover anime :v

(The anime was Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo)
Luqanted
by a PSP game kekekekek
Stanvord
Found Pokemon somehow. don't know where
Keiger
I started to watch pokemon, a lot of it, now im hooked, now i usually watch anime on crunchyroll or something
Alysia_old_1
I saw cool art styles on a museum
Nitrous
Siblings made me play Project Diva (yes that Vocaloid rhythm game). Got curious and used Google.
NerdyBaka
I discovered Anime when I watched one episode of Naruto on RTL ;p Can't remember exactly when.
-Cappuchino-
Gang Cartoon and MCOT's Thai dubs.
tbh Doraemon Thai dubs are the best anime dub you'll ever hear in Thailand.
then never touched anime again since 7 until now
i got interested in anime again bc Kobayashi's dragon maid amd now im a weeb
and, oh one of my friends used to challenge me to dance to highschool dxd's op but i thought anime=hentai back then so
Steii
Sonagi
When I was 5, my friend happened to have the entire Inuyasha anime series and we would watch even with our parents around
they didn't really care tho :ooo
also from plain old television with the usual Dragon Ball, Naruto, Pokemon, etc :,D
show more