Total Posts
show more
Skitzor
I'll come and play in this server. :)
HazzardFreak
When server will have new map? :3
Flanster

query3 wrote:

for goodness' sake people, someone play on the server!
i hate playing on servers by myself -.-
still no improvement huh? :(
Airee
Hey, I noticed your server-icon.png is ms-paint.
I'm willing to make a nice looking osu!craft logo.
(edit: also your motd is broken, the correct way to add color is \u00a7(color code))
Topic Starter
whymeman
I haven't forgotten about the server. Its just that work has caught up with me to the point I couldn't generate the new map fast enough. Though I managed now to dump enough time within this week to load +1000000 chunks and about 3/4 done loading a 10000 x 10000 (2) area which is the first step before building. I've also taken notes about the mass changes between 1.7.x to 1.8.x in terms of feature functions like in the first few updates into 1.8, the Giant's AI was removed, making them pretty much oversized punching bags. This leaves the server owners/plugin workers having to manually configure an AI from a plugin to make use of them like MythicMobs and other properly functioning plugins. This leaves us in a bit of pressure since with bukkit's takedown incident, the main source of plugins declined greatly as not that many of the primary coders keep up with their stuff anymore. Of course, you can still find them in spigot, but the ones that made the server well functional have already jumped ship. Anyways, i'm also debating on if I should use a floating island spawn, or make a normal one separate from it. Feel free to give me some inputs on that before I start the spawn building plans.

Myko

whymeman wrote:

Anyways, i'm also debating on if I should use a floating island spawn, or make a normal one separate from it. Feel free to give me some inputs on that before I start the spawn building plans.
Eh, it really depends on what kind of server you want to do

if you want to make a faction server (PvP or not), you'd rather want to make it in the continent, so people creating guilds can go into an exploration fast, and find a place for their faction fast as well for its beginnings

if you're gonna make it more solo-oriented, an isolated island as spawn is a good idea, but at least put teleporters or free boats so they can leave and start their adventure!

that's what I think
CreepyExplotion
a premium server or cracked server ? unfortunately if it's premium i can't join your server :(
Topic Starter
whymeman

CreepyExplotion wrote:

a premium server or cracked server ? unfortunately if it's premium i can't join your server :(
Sadly, its Premium only.

Also got some rapid replies about where spawn should be made. I'll consider making spawn normally this time inland once I get everything loaded. Thanks for the fast feedback. If there's any questions you need to ask about the server, you can message me. Till then, stay tuned.
Kitokofox
So I should get on, mentioned I was silenced before, destroy all the forests, and try to repeat it, cheat my body through a block, spam 'pickles', ask for a max enchant pickaxe and hop in lava and ask for it again, dye by ephemeral chickens and ask for it AGAIN, then ask to be mod, and finish it off by saying firetruck. Yep, I'm going to have a fun time. :roll:

(If I'm not really busy, that is)
I'm totally not serious by the way. Muahaha.
troke
make for cracked user please :3
InsaneToe
I personally love the way you made it before. If you were to do that with just more islands would be fantastic!
InsaneToe

-Troke- wrote:

Why not just simply buy the game?
Topic Starter
whymeman

-Troke- wrote:

Sure, if you want Loctav on my ass and removing this topic out of GD then banning me for trying to do so.

(No, i'm not going to make the server cracked nor am I in the mood to fight with him again. I don't want to start a war in GD.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ( 7 / 28 / 15) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, i've finally completed the first step of preloading well over 1 million chunks @ 9.10 GB. With the final checks, i'll be moving to step two with generating dungeons and custom buildings. As much as it would be nice to save stuff from the old world, it would be much fairer to start everyone fresh. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

InsaneToe

whymeman wrote:

-Troke- wrote:

Sure, if you want Loctav on my ass and removing this topic out of GD then banning me for trying to do so.

(No, i'm not going to make the server cracked nor am I in the mood to fight with him again. I don't want to start a war in GD.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ( 7 / 28 / 15) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, i've finally completed the first step of preloading well over 1 million chunks @ 9.10 GB. With the final checks, i'll be moving to step two with generating dungeons and custom buildings. As much as it would be nice to save stuff from the old world, it would be much fairer to start everyone fresh. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

ALRIGHT!!! I can't wait! :D This gonna be exciting! ET when it'll be finished?
Topic Starter
whymeman
If I can work nonstop on the dungeons, I can have up to 1500 or more loaded. After that, building spawn.Then there's plugin testing and adjustments, setting up shops, custom items, reworking the "mob bosses" and so on. Might be a while, but I expect to push towards October at earliest if things go well otherwise, I might wait till around December with 1.9 already in showcase to be released soon. Anyways, I just have to hope and pray I don't screw up a 9 GB folder of files to play with cause small errors in a huge cluster of files are nightmares to deal with at this stage.
InsaneToe

whymeman wrote:

If I can work nonstop on the dungeons, I can have up to 1500 or more loaded. After that, building spawn.Then there's plugin testing and adjustments, setting up shops, custom items, reworking the "mob bosses" and so on. Might be a while, but I expect to push towards October at earliest if things go well otherwise, I might wait till around December with 1.9 already in showcase to be released soon. Anyways, I just have to hope and pray I don't screw up a 9 GB folder of files to play with cause small errors in a huge cluster of files are nightmares to deal with at this stage.
Oh well I hope everything goes well. :) I'm excited!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Its been some time since the last news update post. So far, about 330 dungeons have been generated. I went ahead to take a quick look at the results and i'm pretty impressed.

Hope to see some more interesting ones during another inspection. :D

(Note: The dungeon in the first screenshot was too large to fit into the window.)
Granger
Please tell me the ice dungeon is made of packed ice and these dungeons are apporatively themed underground too.

Shimeji detected.
InsaneToe
It's all looking good! I can't wait!
Zuikaku
Wow Minecraft's changed so much since I last played :o
The last thing I remember was the #2011villagehype
Topic Starter
whymeman

Granger wrote:

Please tell me the ice dungeon is made of packed ice and these dungeons are apporatively themed underground too.
I don't think its going to be made of ice inside. I took a quick peek but not that far in. Maybe i'm wrong but we'll see...

For now, i'm generating the Easy Dungeons. Almost half way done now too. I decided to break it down differently. 300 Hard Dungeons, 300 Easy, 300 Mazes, 300 Caverns, 300 ??? or till I run out of space before doing so. While that is being done, we're doing some plugin hunting and testing to keep/replace the previously used ones.

Edit: Also forgot to note. Dungeon sizes will vary to "planned" scales by chunks. Hard dungeons you can expect dimensions up to 40 in Length and Width with up to 7 or 8 floors deep. Easy dungeons, about 20 Length and width with 3 to 5 deep. Caverns and Mazes, I may go with up to 30 x 30 x 3 ~ 6 preset. I'll figure that out soon. Also, expect to see Dark Magician again once Mythic Mobs is back up and running after the test phase.

InsaneToe
Oh no! >.< Not Dark Magician!!!! LOL I cri evertiem
LinkPvP
Ill be joining tomorrow sometime. My IGN is "link75" :)
Topic Starter
whymeman

PrinceLink wrote:

Ill be joining tomorrow sometime. My IGN is "link75" :)
No need to worry about whitelisting right now so feel free to join and have friends over for the time being. I'd also like to keep it open as much as possible in normal means. If anything changes, i'll have it stated in the new opening post.

Edit: 600 Dungeons down so far with steady progress. Moving on to Mazes with a set max possible size of 30 x 30 x 3 ~ 6.
gatotsu
hey guys can someone remind me how to get job for example mining so you can get money for mining
Topic Starter
whymeman

markyzas wrote:

hey guys can someone remind me how to get job for example mining so you can get money for mining
/jobs join [jobname]

use /jobs browse to also see the current list
InsaneToe
Are you going to be making a new post when you're done like a new topic or will you post it here?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Most likely making a new topic. Things get lost using the old and it was normally done that way for each world replacement. I do want to try keeping this world longer than this one once its up. Also, 1.9 is pretty close as well so there may be some setbacks on when I release it.

Currently, this is the geography centered from world spawn. Of course, its soo big that it can't load everything.

InsaneToe
Alright can you message me when you do have a new topic done? Also it looks awesome! Will they be floating worlds or will it be like normal minecraft land?
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'm considering it. Also thinking of making new skylands to add into the chain though would be interesting to see how it would work together. Also, I wouldn't mind messaging anyone waiting for the new server version, but it may be easier to subscribe to this topic as well.
Granger
If you want to impledement Skylands, look for a plugin that allows you to "stack" worlds ontop of each other. It teleports the player to each world when they cross certain heights, like.... level 10 or lower and you get teleported to the lower world in the stack and vice versa at near max build height. I think the plugin also syncs these overlapping parts for a smooth transistion.

Lets build a tower that reaches into orbit! :DD
Topic Starter
whymeman
I've seen a few plugins like that, though it would be impossible to add dungeons that way. Also, lol @ orbit in Minecraft

Still though, its going to be a bit tough on the release since 1.9 is getting close. With that being said, at least to make up for the delay, more time can be put into building and plugin hunting/tuning.
Granger

whymeman wrote:

I've seen a few plugins like that, though it would be impossible to add dungeons that way. Also, lol @ orbit in Minecraft
Well, i mean, the dungeon tool works offgame, you'd only need a plugin like those, a normal minecraft world (which you later populate with the dungeons), a worldgen mod (does multiverse come with a skylands generator?) and multiverse i think. Wheres the problem?

Re: orbit: Eyyy, just imagine it, with this plugin stack a normal world, skyland world and another completly empty world with perpetual night and no monster spawns (i think you could use essentials to set random tick blockupdates in that world to 0 too so no plants can grow there too. Makes sense or?). We're in spaaaaaaaaceeee.

Would totally build a tower into space and then a space ship.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'm not saying it can't be done, but it all depends on what can be allowed near the end result. Especially since 1.8 had mass load of updates that drove plugin authors nuts, then the news of 1.9 is another factor. Also, depends on the server specs to do the "big things", I may or may not be able to do certain features, but it would be nice to try.

Edit: Woah, more features!

InsaneToe
I personally believe the attack speed is the dumbest thing ever. It makes me not even want to play 1.9.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Hmm... it is a bit silly though there may be features and plugins that can counterbalance it hopefully. Yeah they're trying to make it more challenging and such, but I hope they don't forget that its still minecraft, not Diablo or something. On another note, so far a total of 900 dungeons has been finally generated. That's only from 3 types with 300 each. I'm currently doing Caverns now which i'll be playing around with the sizes. I've already generated a dungeon that shows "10 levels" deep. Not sure how it will look, but i'll check it out later with some screenshots. Third, there may be some server maintenance going on atm so if the server is down, that's why.
InsaneToe
Alright cool I'm going to try to get on in a few minutes maybe.
query3
dungeons, dungeons, DUNGEONS!!!!
sorry for the useless post.

i'm still active, please don't think i'm being a useless admin member

btw, the current map that's being finished is over 10 GB IN SIZE.
just a fun fact. now i take my leave from forum stalking/spoiler time
Topic Starter
whymeman
For those trying to get into osuCraft, the server system it is functioning in is under construction. When its back up, we'll keep you posted and on its status. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Just to keep you updated, the 1000th dungeon was made overnight so far. With that being said, we're planning on where the new spawn will be and how it will take place. We're also checking into the server matter as well to make sure its ready to run before the map is going to be tested.
Topic Starter
whymeman
The server should be back online now. If there's a problem, let me know.
show more