forum

A -MOUSE- players struggle!

posted
Total Posts
show more
DahplA

cheezstik wrote:

For starters, cod / most FPS = 3D, osu! = 2D
This. Also I don't get why people think mouse is bad. It's not. Just like a tablet, just train and shit. Post less, play more.
ZenithPhantasm

DahplA wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

For starters, cod / most FPS = 3D, osu! = 2D
This. Also I don't get why people think mouse is bad. It's not. Just like a tablet, just train and shit. Post less, play more.
Absolute tracking is easier to learn since you take mouse drift out of the equation. But yes it all comes down to preference and whether you want to pay for a tablet or not.
E m i

DahplA wrote:

Post less
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

DahplA wrote:

Post less
First time seeing a Space Marine meme
autoteleology
Wow, I really wasn't going to reply back here but now that literally a full page of retardation has been posted in response to me I guess I have to say something to defend myself.

1. I couldn't care less about your opinions of Call of Duty. You're not cool, witty or edgy by humping the Call of Duty hate train. I'm aware of the flaws of Call of Duty, but I still love it because it's easy fun, extremely fast paced and very fluid compared to any other shooter I've played (and I've played many). If you have a problem with that, you can suck my toes.

2. Secondly, this game being 2D does not make it irrelevant to my skills in 3D games. They both require technical competence with a mouse, though in slightly different ways. One emphasizes tracking, the other timing. If you've ever played a flash aim trainer on the internet, it is the exact same format that osu! is presented in. In fact, I started playing this game in order to train my aiming for FPS games, only to find I liked it more. I've gone back and played the same shooters I used to and my skills have improved immensely despite having not played them in months, simply from playing this game.

3. I have been playing this game consistently for one month (I had no PC for three months right after I started). I also play for fun, not for rank (something that most people on this forum forget about). I spend most of my time playing songs outside of my skill level. I gained 2,000 rank in the last two hours just by trying. For all the people who think they can talk shit to me because they've been playing many multiples of the amount of time I have invested, how good were you one month in?

4. Having better hardware makes it easier to get better. This is obvious.

5. All of my hardware recommendations were based on general advice backed by a lot of thought and theory. I would bet money you don't even understand why I gave half the recommendations I did. I'd be happy to explain why if you could stop looking for an excuse to act like special snowflakes for a moment.

bigfeh wrote:

This is me, pure mouse player, playing at 2790 CPI without my forearm on the desk. Sue me.
You've also been playing for four years and are still objectively worse than me. I outrank you by 25,000 and I beat you in all the top plays we have in common. You have no business questioning my advice.

buny wrote:

buny wrote:

also you get better by practicing. Even if you were told how to grip your mouse you would still have to practice to get better. Practice is inevitable
are you saying this is shit advice? That op should seek a secret technique that allows him to automatically play better without practice?
This is absolutely terrible advice because it is obvious to anyone with a pulse. "Get better by playing more" is right up there in advice quality with "if you click more accurately, you get more points". Way to play it safe.
buny
congratulations on looking at one part of my post and ignoring the rest. You realise there are words past the first fullstop, right?

Philosofikal wrote:

Wow, I really wasn't going to reply back here but now that literally a full page of retardation has been posted in response to me.
how ironic

are you saying everybody that disagrees with you is retarded? Are you saying your advice is not a subjective matter?

Your "advice" consisted of "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe get a bigger mousepad? OH AND YOU HAVE TO USE THIS DPI AND U HAV 2 ALTERNATE EVEN THO NOT MANY MOUSE ONLY PLAYERS ALTERNATE OK LISTEN TO ME I CANT EVEN PLAY 3 STAR MAPS K????????????????" "get beter gear"

getting better equipment doesn't mean that you're going to perform better; better peripherals allow you to express your skill better. You can't express what's not there, and you shouldn't notice a difference until you reach the high ranks

also, if you don't care about what people think, then don't post.

you think 4 months and 50k rank is impressive? lol
DahplA

[ Momiji ] wrote:

DahplA wrote:

Post less
Taking the time to promote cancer ey?
autoteleology

buny wrote:

congratulations on looking at one part of my post and ignoring the rest. You realise there are words past the first fullstop, right?
Um. No, there were not? You wanna go back and look at your post?

are you saying everybody that disagrees with you is retarded?
u fkn wot m8 look at my mlg cod skills I'm best mouse player NA swag doritos yolo mtn dew
Yeah, that's pretty damn retarded. Check.

Are you saying your advice is not a subjective matter?
99.9% of advice is subjective. How, exactly, does one give advice that doesn't come from a personal point of view, sensei?

Your "advice" consisted of "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe get a bigger slick mousepad?
To reduce static friction, and friction in general, so you have less hand strain? The main limiting factor of mouse only play?

OH AND YOU HAVE TO USE THIS DPI
A DPI I don't even use, which is meant as a median starting base to find one's own personal DPI?

AND U HAV 2 ALTERNATE EVEN THO NOT MANY MOUSE ONLY PLAYERS ALTERNATE
How else are you going to learn how to stream as a new player?

OK LISTEN TO ME I CANT EVEN PLAY 3 STAR MAPS K????????????????"
Really? Because it would seem to me my top play is a 98% S rank on a 4.5 star map.

getting better equipment doesn't mean that you're going to perform better; better peripherals allow you to express your skill better. You can't express what's not there, and you shouldn't notice a difference until you reach the high ranks
This is the only actual point you've given, and I already stated that having better equipment doesn't make you better, it only makes it easier to get better. You can get a great monitor for $200, a great mouse for $20, and great headphones for $25.

I already said that I haven't owned a PC for 3 of the 4 months I've supposedly been playing. Don't you see the huge flatline in my play history?

So, can we be done with this stupid argument? Everything you are saying is unhelpful and silly. If you want to post, stop sucking at human interaction.
buny
you're either a very good troll, or retarded

pick one
Vuelo Eluko
I believe we're done here.
cheezstik

Philosofikal wrote:

1. I couldn't care less about your opinions of Call of Duty. You're not cool, witty or edgy by humping the Call of Duty hate train. I'm aware of the flaws of Call of Duty, but I still love it because it's easy fun, extremely fast paced and very fluid compared to any other shooter I've played (and I've played many). If you have a problem with that, you can suck my toes.
No one said it wasn't fun or you're bad for playing COD, we're just saying it really is one of the lower skillcap and more forgiving FPS's out there. The fact that most of the people that play it are twelve year olds on xbox that fucked your mum last night is a different matter.

Philosofikal wrote:

Wow, I really wasn't going to reply back here but now that literally a full page of retardation has been posted in response to me I guess I have to say something to defend myself.
Anyway you heard him bois, all of us are the retards and the 50k mouse only player after 4 months that just claimed COD makes him good at osu is the correct one, move along everyone 8-)

It's true, Gayzmcgee got so good from minecraft.
Vuelo Eluko

cheezstik wrote:

It's true, Gayzmcgee got so good from minecraft.
hes still not banned wtf?
Noobsicle
jesus christ the ignorance is real

1. i don't care. ez game is ez

2. lol no. you will never notice an immense improvement in your skill in shooter games by simply playing hards/easy insanes in osu. then again, it's not really surprising if you didn't have any good aim to begin with

3. no-one cares. if anything you're pretty average for your playtime anyway so don't think you're a special snowflake or anything even though you claim to be casual and playing for fun and not for ranks or pp because you claim to not care about any of that yet you attack players that are slightly lower ranked than you and have similar playcount but of course none of that matters since you're a casual!

5. what, you don't need a lot of thinking to conclude that gaming mice + 120/144hz monitors are superior to standard mice and 60hz monitors, it's pretty damn obvious already and i'm fairly certain no-one is disagreeing with this so why bother bringing it up

bigfeh has a 2 year account (not that it matters)
his playcount is 200 less than yours (not that it matters)
get off your high horse rofl

your attitude is no different from "bro is that a C rank on big black? lmao i'm fuken better than u i got a B rank so fukn kneel be4 me u sht simpleton." way to play it safe

the sad thing is people ignore the most obvious advice around here, understand that already

wd if you're trolling
Vuelo Eluko

Noobsicle wrote:

no-one is disagreeing with this
i disagree, i've tried both and never noticed any difference from 60 hz in standard, but on other modes its fucking unreal how much better the scrolling objects look, it's just unnatural, even if it was an actual strip of material going across the screen, i think my eyes would see it as blurrier..
Noobsicle

Riince wrote:

i disagree, i've tried both and never noticed any difference from 60 hz in standard, but on other modes its fucking unreal how much better the scrolling objects look.
i heard ar10.3 is a tiny bit easier to read on 144hz but i can't read it myself, do you notice a difference in reading ar10.3 on 60hz vs 144hz?
Vuelo Eluko

Noobsicle wrote:

Riince wrote:

i disagree, i've tried both and never noticed any difference from 60 hz in standard, but on other modes its fucking unreal how much better the scrolling objects look.
i heard ar10.3 is a tiny bit easier to read on 144hz but i can't read it myself, do you notice a difference in reading ar10.3 on 60hz vs 144hz?
well even the people who i know that are high rank [300+] with multiple 10.3 scores say it's about reacting not reading, so i certainly cant read it or i'd be saying im better than them.. i can react to it if im warmed up enough and if the bpm isn't too excessive to me which it usually is because the kinds of maps that become 10.3, i can even hit 300's. i dont think i tried 10.3 with the monitors though no.
B1rd
It doesn't make much of a difference with reading, it just makes everything smooth. 60fps looks choppy.
Dumii

Riince wrote:

well even the people who i know that are high rank [300+] with multiple 10.3 scores say it's about reacting not reading, so i certainly cant read it or i'd be saying im better than them.. i can react to it if im warmed up enough and if the bpm isn't too excessive to me which it usually is because the kinds of maps that become 10.3, i can even hit 300's. i dont think i tried 10.3 with the monitors though no.
10.3 is perfectly readable .___., but that's aside the point. To improve, play more. The "I don't have a tablet so i have mous das y i suk" or "wow lol every1 has mekkanikal kb but i suk cos i hav rubber doom keyboard" excuses are for people who are not willing to face the fact that they, quite bluntly, are shit.
Keep blaming things, put less effort into the game to get better.
I can guarantee you'll end up an excellent reddit circlejerker.
Vuelo Eluko

Dumii wrote:

Riince wrote:

10.3 is perfectly readable .___., but that's aside the point. To improve, play more. The "I don't have a tablet so i have mous das y i suk" or "wow lol every1 has mekkanikal kb but i suk cos i hav rubber doom keyboard" excuses are for people who are not willing to face the fact that they, quite bluntly, are shit.
what are you even talking about? reddit circlejerking? noone's doing this, if anything my post was the complete opposite to the idea that "better equipment = better player"..
B1rd

Riince wrote:

Dumii wrote:

what are you even talking about? reddit circlejerking? noone's doing this, if anything my post was the complete opposite to the idea that "better equipment = better player"..
It's besides the point but also wrong.. don't tell me that no improvement in 5 months using mouse was just because of a lack of effort at getting better. Peripherals matter.
Dumii

Riince wrote:

I should've stated that I was talking to that CoD guy in the second part. LOL
Cartographer

Dumii wrote:

Riince wrote:

Vuelo Eluko

Dumii wrote:

Riince wrote:

oh holy fuck i forgot that guy was having a fucking temper tantrum in the thread Popolittz started, and somehow thought it was going on in another thread. Welp. Short term memory loss.
Dumii

B1rd wrote:

It's besides the point but also wrong.. don't tell me that no improvement in 5 months using mouse was just because of a lack of effort at getting better. Peripherals matter.
Oh no, every high ranked player ever only got to their rank because of peripherals.
DEFINITELY not their 50000 + plays and 10m + hit count, right?
Cartographer

Dumii wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Oh no, every high ranked player ever only got to their rank because of peripherals.
Better peripherals = Better time invested.

Utilizing your preference is a smart move.
B1rd

Dumii wrote:

B1rd wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1302328
Vuelo Eluko
silmarilen

B1rd wrote:

Dumii wrote:

im not sure what that person is doing, but he's not really trying hard to be good

Riince wrote:

B1rd wrote:

alternatively, https://osu.ppy.sh/u/lncognito
lncognito is a known easy/normal 4mod farmer. he doesnt play to set crazy insane scores.

you can get top1k with mouse pretty easily, and with some effort even top100.
a tablet is better because of the absolute positioning, but saying you cant get good with a mouse is bullshit.
B1rd
just saying 'oh they musn't have tried hard to get good' isn't a very good arguement.
silmarilen
neither is linking to 1 low ranked person when there are multiple mouse players in the top50 (or who got there while using a mouse)
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

neither is linking to 1 low ranked person when there are multiple mouse players in the top50 (or who got there while using a mouse)
is there a single mouse only player in the top 50? the best i can think of is Kriers.
silmarilen
i didnt know we were talking about mouse only, since the player bird linked has mouse+kb on their profile
B1rd

Riince wrote:

is there a single mouse only player in the top 50? the best i can think of is Kriers.
Pyonta. But he quit.

silmarilen wrote:

when there are multiple mouse players in the top50 (or who got there while using a mouse)
A few mouse players in the top 50 doesn't prove anything, it's besides the point. The point was that peripherals have an effect. That one person is very good example of how some people can't improve very well with a mouse, and like I said, I couldn't either. Mouse is less intuitive than a tablet; and some people can get good with one, other people have a lot more trouble. I've never seen someone with 5 digits and 50K+ PC who uses a tablet.
buny
shizuru hype
Topic Starter
Popolittz
I come back to the thread after one day to hopefully find some things worth noting and i find a war O.o

At the end of the day theres one thing to learn, even Osu! can be toxic.

Oh and someone earlier said i was looking for a, and i quote "get better, be amazing over night secret." I am looking for no such thing, simply tips to keep in mind as i practicied. With one of the tips earlier i beat a 4 1/2 star somg yeaterday and i was actually proud of myself =D
Lagel

buny wrote:

ehem
Vuelo Eluko

Lagel wrote:

buny wrote:

ehem
pff woob outranked me at 4 months
silmarilen

B1rd wrote:

Riince wrote:

Pyonta. But he quit.

silmarilen wrote:

when there are multiple mouse players in the top50 (or who got there while using a mouse)
A few mouse players in the top 50 doesn't prove anything, it's besides the point.
it proves more than 1 mouse player not being in top50

B1rd wrote:

I've never seen someone with 5 digits and 50K+ PC who uses a tablet.
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/277771#_leader
this person hasnt played in a while, but based on his top ranks he cant be top10k
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/251161
111k playcount, rank 19k

and i could probably find more if i bothered to spend more time searching.
Kwonaiden

B1rd wrote:

I've never seen someone with 5 digits and 50K+ PC who uses a tablet.
My pride is rekt!

I'm not too far away from the 5 digits
Yuudachi-kun

Lagel wrote:

buny wrote:

ehem
ehemer
show more