forum

osu!tt v0.8.2 - track your time spent in osu! (obsolete)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gumpy
Does it start automatically if I restart my computer?
Topic Starter
Flanster
No, but you can set that yourself.

-[Snitch]- wrote:

Google translate
I think it would be better if the counter is only activated when you are playing and stop when you are idle.
And I can not find the icon of the counter after hiding it.
This is made for fun so I don't want to go into advanced window handle detection.
And the tray icon works fine for me.
Lally
nice one o3o
7ambda
Niceeeee.
Topic Starter
Flanster

Gumpyyy wrote:

Does it start automatically if I restart my computer?
Added a toggle for it.
Some other stuff fixed too, download link updated.
Gumpy
This is getting really neat now :3
Renevant
I like the new icon
the old one was kinda hard to see

Just an idea
also, some people might have some security stuff on their comp so the toggle for start up might not work.

you could put this in the description: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
or just copy paste the instructions
or just let them google it for themselves. owo
Topic Starter
Flanster

Renevant wrote:

I like the new icon
the old one was kinda hard to see

Just an idea
also, some people might have some security stuff on their comp so the toggle for start up might not work.

you could put this in the description: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
or just copy paste the instructions
or just let them google it for themselves. owo
Added to known bugs and instructions included in OP.
- Marco -

LoliFlan wrote:

Ofcourse not, theres no way to tell that before.
What if it can read the MSN osu! status-thing?
Topic Starter
Flanster

marcostudios wrote:

What if it can read the MSN osu! status-thing?
This application's purpose is to count time. What does this feature have to do with anything the program has to offer?
xasuma
After downloading/opening I clicked on the down arrow. And the program was never to be open again. Not sure whats up but I cannot get it to work now.

Also, would it be possible to count in song time in the future? (without auto mod) To see a more real number .
Topic Starter
Flanster
The program is still in the taskbar tray.
Detecting gameplay is possible, but automod detection, NOT SO MUCH :o
xasuma

LoliFlan wrote:

The program is still in the taskbar tray.
Not for me at least. After pressing the arrow down the program just exits or hides in an un-openable aparent way. (The only way for me to fix it is by restarting my computer). I am using windows 7 64 bit. Maybe something is wrong on my end.

And gameplay time would be nice ^^
Topic Starter
Flanster
I'm running on 64bit Win7 aswell so no idea whats causing such a simple line of code not to work on your end ;(
orangecode_DELETED
very slick design! I like it. If you get time, could you please add like a border or a background or something to the icon in the system tray, because if a minimize it, it goes invisible xD http://prntscr.com/6eujf7
-hx
This is neat. If anyone's wondering an estimate of their osu! time retroactively, check out the tool I made, osu!time. I reckon if osu!tt could connect to the internet we could make a pretty accurate time checker.
deanio97
working great!!

it would be awesome to add this and Osu!Profile as small applets into the osu! engine and the game's site so everyone could show their dedication :P... maybe Peppy would help with that if it's not too time consuming?...

still... awesome job! keep it up!
Mibic
When trying to set the app to start with Windows i get an error message saying I should get in touch with the administrator (which is me) or use the tool Configuration of Microsoft . NET Framework. The error message is saying that access is denied to the registry solicited (launching the app on starting Windows). Currently using Windows 7, 32 bit.

Any help to tell me how to make the app launch on booting Windows? Thank you!
Renevant

Mibic wrote:

When trying to set the app to start with Windows i get an error message saying I should get in touch with the administrator (which is me) or use the tool Configuration of Microsoft . NET Framework. The error message is saying that access is denied to the registry solicited (launching the app on starting Windows). Currently using Windows 7, 32 bit.

You're getting this, right?
As the first post says, add it manually like this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
It's kinda buggy sometimes, but it works.

@LoliFlan
Do you want me to get a better screenshot of that? The original one kinda hurts the eyes, because the transparency of the window included my background.
Also, nice job getting on osu! weekly!
Topic Starter
Flanster
oh lol didnt notice i was on there, nice.

Mibic wrote:

Read my first post in the thread, its in red text, regarding this problem.
Mibic
Thank you! And congrats on the osu!weekly! :D
Topic Starter
Flanster
You're welcome!
Also application is now updated to 0.4 with various fixes. I have addressed the problem with not being able to set startup with windows and replaced it with a simple warning message box instead of the .NET one.
Pawsu
another project by LoliFlan!
nice work man, I hope to see more
Want 2 Buy Avon
tfw Norton say's it's a virus and removes it
Topic Starter
Flanster
update 0.5 - I've added a feature that tells what osu!'s state is - playing/editing/idle/updater!

CanadianPaws wrote:

another project by LoliFlan!
nice work man, I hope to see more
Thank you.

Xellie wrote:

tfw Norton say's it's a virus and removes it
Norton sucks, remove it.
Gumpy
Nice update

idk how I managed this tho
Topic Starter
Flanster
Known bug, will fix in future updates.
Angelo
Hey LoliFlan, you should add something like this :

"since ../../.... at ..:.."
So we don't need to remember when we installed osu!tt :oops:

Thanks for making this useful program btw :D

EDIT : It seems that when I right-click on the tray icon, I can't "Exit & Save". There is nothing that happens when I click on it, so to close the process I must use the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and I'm afraid of losing my save :o . Please fix it :?
Topic Starter
Flanster
That is actually a very important thing I missed, will add it in next update!
KnightFire
I used to track my gametime with Raptr, and I'd rather convert over to using this, because it's not nearly as heavy as Raptr is. Do you have any thoughts on a feature where I could add my previous played hours, since I know how many I had?
Renevant

LoliFlan wrote:

update 0.5 - I've added a feature that tells what osu!'s state is - playing/editing/idle/updater!

oo
Thats so cool!

Are you gonna give each of the state's different colors like the f9 screen?

And since it can tell which state its in, would it be possible to add a sorta've timer for each of the states?
For example, people could be interested in total time "playing" or "editing" as separate timers. Being able to pick which timer you would
like to see like "total time", playing time, editing time, etc, would be awesome. :D

Also, It's looking great Loli! I'm looking forward to any future updates!
Titotatin
Amazing! This should come with osu! by default :D
Topic Starter
Flanster

Renevant wrote:

Are you gonna give each of the state's different colors like the f9 screen?
not 100% like the osu panels but sure

Renevant wrote:

And since it can tell which state its in, would it be possible to add a sorta've timer for each of the states?
mmmmnah for now
Mestro
2 bugs that I want to report.

Don't know if it's just for me but for some reason I can't save and exit the application. It just doesn't do anything when I press that button.
Second: The trey icon won't dissapear after shutting down the osu!tt process from task manager. Maybe has something to do with the other problem.

Ask for any specs to debug if needed
Topic Starter
Flanster

Marcusan1387 wrote:

Don't know if it's just for me but for some reason I can't save and exit the application. It just doesn't do anything when I press that button.
Nothing is happening? Are you getting a messagebox atleast?

Marcusan1387 wrote:

The trey icon won't dissapear after shutting down the osu!tt process from task manager.
The icon will never be disposed properly if the process was halted like this.
Mestro

LoliFlan wrote:

If its not saving then your computer is not allowing my program to write to the windows registries. Are you on an administrator account? Disabled UAC? Antivirus software?

Why are you killing the process? The icon will never be disposed properly if the process was halted like this. Please exit normally if you want the icon to dissapear.
Well since i can't save and exit I'm forced to kill the process(Was just doing it for testing, Will always have it open since it's an awesome software)
I have my anti virus disabled. Never used UAC. Opening the software with AdminP so shouldn't be a problem.

Other possible reasons?
Topic Starter
Flanster
You should atleast be getting a messagebox, mind hopping on osu! to test things?

Edit: solved

update 0.6 released, see changelog for details.
Mestro

LoliFlan wrote:

You should atleast be getting a messagebox, mind hopping on osu! to test things?

Edit: solved

update 0.6 released, see changelog for details.
wrong link. you have putten 2 h in http(hhttp). hehe
Topic Starter
Flanster
I have putten yes, fixed.

upcoming in next update

Timer will stop if osu! is in the tray
Awesomez53
When I stop playing, at a specific time, the -1 seconds appears.
i know that it's on the bug list, but still.

1st turning it off with the tt and bam!
:(
show more