community forum

any more well trained players on advice?

posted
Total Posts
24
Topic Starter
beldaran
i'm sure all of you have replied to posts like this 1000x, and yes, i've thoroughly read the stickied thread on why i'm not improving at osu!
but is there anyone who can tell me what exactly it is i need to be improving on based on MY personal stats; or would I need someone to spectate or have VODs? because frankly i have no clue what i'm doing wrong at the moment and what i need to be fixing to play some harder maps! i'm still relatively new (i've only been diligently playing for about 2 months) and i use mouse/rubber dome keyboard. any comments / criticism / eternal damnation is welcome. thank you everyone!
leepdesu
I don't know about you but I think playing more is the key to victory.
Topic Starter
beldaran

-LeeP- wrote:

I don't know about you but I think playing more is the key to victory.
...fair enough. i'll keep practicing! thx buddo
Vuelo Eluko
you're already doing better than most people your rank, people are generally at like 83-89% acc for whatever reason by the time they reach that point. i dont even know hit it gets that bad, im far from an accuracy player but i manage to keep it up.

play more, start moving away from HR
Novalogic
Literally. For your playcount you are quite high already, just keep playing.
AmaiHachimitsu
Keep your acc high... and become an observer.
If you want to go big in this game, you have to understand many things about rhythm, patterns.
You also need to have the ability to see through your mistakes and find the solution yourself.



I know no player who is top-tier and has been taught how to play by some other pro.
Topic Starter
beldaran

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Keep your acc high... and become an observer.
If you want to go big in this game, you have to understand many things about rhythm, patterns.
You also need to have the ability to see through your mistakes and find the solution yourself.



I know no player who is top-tier and has been taught how to play by some other pro.
an observer? just like spectate other higher ranking players playing maps and seeing what they're doing? i'm 99% sure that's what you mean but i just want to make sure.

and a big thanks to everyone so far! your kind words really are inspiring to play even more. woot!
Mahogany
Don't worry about slow improvement, man. You can't push things. As everyone else has said, the most important thing is to keep your accuracy high. Mashing ain't playing, so if you can't keep up with something, don't play it, ok?

...also just make sure you have combobursts turned off and am not using a terribad skin.
zwoots
Still having fun: play more
Not having fun anymore: play less
Topic Starter
beldaran

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Don't worry about slow improvement, man. You can't push things. As everyone else has said, the most important thing is to keep your accuracy high. Mashing ain't playing, so if you can't keep up with something, don't play it, ok?

...also just make sure you have combobursts turned off and am not using a terribad skin.
aye aye capt. if i get a new beatmap and 10 seconds in my hands are going WOWTF, i turn it off and do the little cinema thingy where i see how its supposed to go and give it a shot again afterwards. if it's still to crazy i move on. glad to know i've been doing that part right!

and i think i have a nice skin map at the moment... i've been using "minimalist-miku" it's not too straining on my eyes and i've liked it a lot so far! and i learned to turn combo bursts off as well... that little pink lady haired lady was not my friend.

zwoots wrote:

Still having fun: play more
Not having fun anymore: play less
i've been having tons of fun! play more i shall.
buny
best way to improve is to know what you need to improve in your mindset, and focusing on getting better than that.

If you play the game to improve blindly, you'll either have a very slow improvement or not learn anything at all
Yuudachi-kun
I've learned my aim sucks.
Topic Starter
beldaran

buny wrote:

best way to improve is to know what you need to improve in your mindset, and focusing on getting better than that.

If you play the game to improve blindly, you'll either have a very slow improvement or not learn anything at all
man that's the biggest problem im having, i don't know what exactly what's holding me back atm! i'll leave OBS open and maybe view some of my own playthrough's when i have some spare time. maybe i can pinpoint what it is! thanks :)

Kheldragar wrote:

I've learned my aim sucks.
its ok ur a boss
Vuelo Eluko
need supporter someone give
Mahogany
Don't worry man, at your level, it's still just about learning better accuracy, aim, speed...all that....

Yeah, I'm still stuck at a level where it's just my basics that need to improve. The one thing I know is that I can't stream to save my life and I find stream practice maps boring as hell. Hopefully I pick it up eventually.

Riince wrote:

need supporter someone give
Hey me first >:(
Yuudachi-kun

beldaran wrote:

buny wrote:

best way to improve is to know what you need to improve in your mindset, and focusing on getting better than that.

If you play the game to improve blindly, you'll either have a very slow improvement or not learn anything at all
man that's the biggest problem im having, i don't know what exactly what's holding me back atm! i'll leave OBS open and maybe view some of my own playthrough's when i have some spare time. maybe i can pinpoint what it is! thanks :)

Kheldragar wrote:

I've learned my aim sucks.
its ok ur a boss
If I can suggest one thing, then maybe you should just go and play a bunch of 4-4.5 star maps and fc them. Just fc them until you make. I'm not aure how it works for other people, but when I got my tablet that's all I attempted to do and I was filling my top ranks with 70-90pp plays which gets you to like 27-30k or something.
Topic Starter
beldaran

Kheldragar wrote:

If I can suggest one thing, then maybe you should just go and play a bunch of 4-4.5 star maps and fc them. Just fc them until you make. I'm not aure how it works for other people, but when I got my tablet that's all I attempted to do and I was filling my top ranks with 70-90pp plays which gets you to like 27-30k or something.
working on that as we speak ( or as i type i suppose) anyway i know i've said it a billion times,

but thank you once again for all the advice. i love u guys <3
pandaBee
Play more, but don't make the mistake of playing too much more. I've been spamming games to hell and back for the past 2 months and I think I could have improved faster and more efficiently if i focused more on quality training vs just pure quantity.
woqx

beldaran wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Keep your acc high... and become an observer.
an observer? just like spectate other higher ranking players playing maps and seeing what they're doing? i'm 99% sure that's what you mean but i just want to make sure.
I think he means observing how you play yourself, understanding and working on your flaws. Seems more useful to me than watching some "pro" player click the circles perfectly, I don't really understand how that would help you improve. Could be wrong though.
Vuelo Eluko
i find higher AR's easier after spectating someone doing it for awhile
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply