forum

-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matau
-
B1rd
Most people don't 'double tap', or alternate the entire map simple because singletapping is easier and more intuitive. Though there are plenty of pro players who alternate. It's a pretty good skill to have.
Topic Starter
Matau
-
woqx
No need to change to singletap if you're doing fine the way you're playing now. It's probably harder to learn but in the end you can be good with either tapping style, I suggest learning both though.

What I noticed though is that people who only singletap usually have problems starting streams with their "weak" finger because they're not used to doing it, but I for example don't have this problem (I usually alternate everything).

Just do what you like more, but you should at least try singletapping for a week to see if you like it.
Multtari
Pros:
You learn to slowstream by just doing it which helps at playing higher BPM effectively
Balanced strain on fingers
Generally more maps to play

Cons:
Hard to learn if you didn't do it when you started playing
Possibly slower learning curve for having to coordinate two fingers and being more prone to learning bad habits (Because playing too fast songs turns into mashing oh so easily)
Almost certainly lower unstable rate / accuracy comparing to same amount of training with singletap

Every cons is just me assuming things since I've done alternating from start. Took me around a week as starter for it to become a second nature.
zwoots

Multtari wrote:

Pros:
Every cons is just me assuming things since I've done alternating from start. Took me around a week as starter for it to become a second nature.
Also alternated since my first week of play, but I actually switched to single tapping recently. I'm not going to say which method is objectively superior, but I will say that I skyrocketed in rank at about the same time that I switched. I will also say that there are two specific things that became a lot easier with single tapping: speed (streams, bursts, and triples) and accuracy. If you find yourself having trouble with either of those things, I would, in my unprofessional opinion, consider switching. Single tapping is pretty easy and shouldn't take you more than a day or so to get decent-ish at, and it's not like you're going to lose your alternating ability anyway (for whatever that's worth).

If you get RSI because of this post I'm deeply sorry please don't sue me.
B1rd

zwoots wrote:

Also alternated since my first week of play, but I actually switched to single tapping recently. I'm not going to say which method is objectively superior, but I will say that I skyrocketed in rank at about the same time that I switched. I will also say that there are two specific things that became a lot easier with single tapping: speed (streams, bursts, and triples) and accuracy. If you find yourself having trouble with either of those things, I would, in my unprofessional opinion, consider switching. Single tapping is pretty easy and shouldn't take you more than a day or so to get decent-ish at, and it's not like you're going to lose your alternating ability anyway (for whatever that's worth).
If you alternate properly it should have no effect on accuracy or streams. One week is nowhere near long enough to learn proper alternating which is probably why you had trouble.

The problem with alternating is simply that it's hard to alternate, especially on certain patterns, and detracts attention from aim and reading and stuff. But once you get better at alternating this becomes less and less of a problem. Although there's not much point in alternating stuff which you don't need to, there is plenty of maps where you do need to; it's a good skill to have. rrtyui for example can alternate at will- singletap for most of the maps, and alternate fast parts. Scarlet Rose for example.
zwoots

B1rd wrote:

One week is nowhere near long enough to learn proper alternating which is probably why you had trouble.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I said that I alternated since my first week. Meaning from the first week up until when I switched to single tapping. So, not counting the months when I didn't play at all, that's about 3 or 4 months of learning to alternate.

Anyway, I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said, but my own personal experiences tells me that I spent a fraction of the time I spent on alternating on single tapping and got way better results. That is all.
Yuudachi-kun
My personal experience tells me to mash alternate maps like Calamity fortune and singletap Reiwai terrorism.
Sh0keR
singlet tapping is better for accuracy , at least for most people.
I tried both and I prefer single tapping more, it also really heavily depends on your keyboard, if you have some old rubber dome keyboard you won't be able to single tap high speed maps
Saphirshroom

Sh0keR wrote:

if you have some old rubber dome keyboard you won't be able to single tap high speed maps
lmao good one.
cheezstik

Sh0keR wrote:

if you have some old rubber dome keyboard you won't be able to single tap high speed maps
Pls, one of the fastest overall players of standard, isokapupuja uses rubber dome.

OP: You'll probably find an easier time playing harder maps later on if you switch to single tap, but if it feels perfectly comfortable to still full alternate, then keep doing it, as that will come in handy, if you can do it.
AGRX
Double tap prone to learn bad habbits with because you are given more ability to spam, and have more stamina. I experience that myself, i could pass things with fullalternating(double tap) things that single tapping players on my levels couldnt do. But it was worthless because i was missing everywhere and didnt learned anything than bad habbits.

If you plan to play with this playstyle PLEASE CARE ABOUT ACCURACY and what keys are you pressing. Dont play things that you cant even read.
Push your limit by a bits.

And you can single tap very fast even on rubber dome. In my opinion its a just a little but harder to build up stamina on rubberdome keyboard, especially flat notebook keys where your fingers are hitting hard the bottom.
arkanoss
If you want learn good, firts learn to play with singletap and after add to multitap, you need x/z when you play insane beatmaps!
After you can decide if you wanna play singletap or multitap 2 modes are good.
ZenithPhantasm
Learn both and become a flexible player.
AGRX

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Do you realise he is just 3k plays ?
E m i

Agrrox wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Do you realise he is just 3k plays ?
And what does it change?