Thanks a bunch for your mod 030
General The offset on the beginning 00:00:270 - 00:45:624 because the piano is not consistent, but I can help with other timings.
- Add - 00:45:624 - BPM 127,05 ; Offset: 45.624
- Add - 01:38:516 - BPM 127,00 ; Offset: 98.516
Don't forget to resnap all notes
According to the ranked version of this song, this is 127 throughout the whole map without any inconsistencies. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you're neccessarily wrong, I'd just like to think that 'following' the ranked version here is the right thing to do. If it turns out that changing this is a must, I won't hesitate to do it so thanks for pointing this out!
Easy An advice for this diff: try to not end sliders on a big white tick, like you did with 00:29:561 (1) - , specially when the strong beat is on that tick. It ruins the emphasis. You can keep them on this diff because you used a lot, just try to remember this next time you map!
While I would generally agree that downbeats should most likely have something clickable on them, I think they can occassionally work really well on sliderends especially for these somewhat 'fading' sounds (like the one you pointed out) where the slider workes as some kind of build-up with the downbeat + hitsound as the highlight...sort of. Just my two cents ><
00:39:010 (2) - You were following a completely different rhythm. Starting on the white tick before the big white tick and ending there, here you added a repeat and ended on a red tick. I'd recommend to keep the rhythm and consistency. Plus, this is the only part you used this rhythm.
I've actually used this rythm 4 times during the map to emphasize vocals, and I honestly don't see how having a single repeat end on a red tick is too much of an inconsistency ><. I mean it does end on a white tick so it's not like it suddenly forces the player to play 1/2. I also didnt feel like anyone had a problem with these while playing the map, so I don't think that changing them is neccessary x.x
00:42:553 (2,3,4) - Here you follow the vocal, but previously you were following the beat. It's a bad inconsistency for an Easy difficulty. It's really better to follow the beat here instead of the vocal, it's really confusing to new plays this rhythm change.
wasn't I actually following the vocals previously too with the sliders? atleast that's what I was going for...well anyways, I guess that having something start on a red tick is quite the inconsistency mhhh...I remapped this using white ticks only c:
Normal An advice for this diff: on Easy you didn't use 1/2 at all, except for a 1/2 slider, but here you used a lot and with a really high DS if you compare with the 1/1s on Easy. Would be really better to put a smaller DS on this diff.
I do realize that this defintely is a Normal+ due to it's high not density, I still think that this is well within the borders of a Normal Diff though. I had a fair amount of people test this and they all said that this did indeed feel like a Normal Diff, a 'harder' Normal Diff but still a Normal Diff (so much Normal lol). I'd like to keep the settings as they currently are.
00:20:348 (3,4,5) - This pattern full of circles is really heavy for a calm section like this, and even on kiai you didn't use a pattern like this. Would be better to remove then and put sliders.
Hmm while I don't necessarily think that the pattern itself is bad, you're right that it does stand out as a spike in difficulty during the rather slow part. I removed 4 and 5 and replaced them with a slider to nerf the pattern since I feel like this is easy to hit AND easy to follow in terms of the rythm that is used c:
01:28:380 (2,3,4) - Again with the same thing I've mentioned above. It's a calm part, don't use a lot of circles D:
Same thing as above, I'm willing to nerf this by replacing most of the cicles c: I actually really like how this turned out too ><
01:52:947 (2) - This part is really strong, with 1/4 and all. You should use a 1/2 slider or circles before the kiai starts. Would put a big emphasis on this part, and that would fit. You didn't use on first kiai, but there wasn't emphasizing sound at all, this is why I'm recommending this.
remapped this part + the first few secs of the kiai to go along with the rytm (white ticks) using 1/2 sliders leading into a reverse 1/2 for the buildup section c:
Good luck on this!
Thanks a bunch 030
bigfeh wrote:This mod was requested in bigfeh's 24h Modding Queue.
Modding Easy diffs is hard for me since I never played them, but here we go
(also, love the song choice. Cheers! and are you accepting guest Hard diffs? )
I'll pm you about this in-game if you don't mind uwu
Easy• 00:15:388(1) - Following the vocals with the beginning of the slider, but not the end, feels very weird. Maybe consider revisiting? Following the vocals with this one slider and then suddenly switching to mapping the background music would feel inconsistent ><
• 01:39:482(1) - The return of the slider doesn't coincide with the vocals. Consider cutting the slider in two as in pic related mapping blue ticks in easy Diffs is out of the question I think...even mapping on red ticks would require a larger break to help the player adjust• 01:39:482(2) - Ending doesn't coincide with the vocals either. Maybe make the slider a 1/2th note shorter, as in pic related? Same as above. suddenly having something end on a red tick would be a rather big inconsistency I think• 02:16:332(2) - Return is great because it coincides with the cymbals. The ending, however, does not - Consider making another note and removing the return altogether, as in pic related This honestly is the best I can do while sticking to white ticks only c:• 03:01:687(2) - Exact same as above ^
This is something that I should've put into the 'consideration' field during my request, the fact that I think the easy Diff should be white ticks only ;w;
Normal• Overall, this diff is pretty solid. You should, however, consider making it a bit harder since the gap between this and the Easy difficulty is too small imo The problem with this is that while the Easy Diff is only white ticks, the Normal Diff uses loooots and looooots of 1/2 with a kind of high DS, so making it even harder would eventually mean turning it into an easy Hard Diff ><
• 00:26:726(1) - Recommend cutting 1/2 note from slider end to sync with vocals How in the sh*t did I miss this. nice
• 01:27:199(5,6) - Consider adding note inbetween, as in pic related I'd like to keep this little break and have the slider follow the vocals• 02:54:128(1) - Making this a return slider should probably be a good idea, since there's a percussion hit right in the middle of it (as seen in pic related™) not neccessarily a bad suggestion, though I would like this to be consistent with the other kiai stars as well to avoid confusion. I'll keep this in mind though and watch for similar suggestions in other mods™
Sorry for making so few observations on your maps, but they're pretty decent and don't need many changes. I love this song as well (why do the best songs keep popping up on my queue?) and I'd be delighted to map a Hard diff for this.
Thank you for your OUTSTANDING mod! I should be starring you for this ;w;
From modding queueRed - UnrankableGeneral
Blue - Highly recommended
Black - Suggestion
- You might add Where Chou (respectively now only Where, because Chou is already there) to tags, because her albums are sold under this name out of Asia. Done!
- Remove 周蕙 from tags as it is an artist, thus it has no function. Yeah you're right. Removed!
- Rewrite Zìjǐ De Fángjiān to ziji de fangjian. The reason is, these are tags, which are used for searching. If you can write Chinese, you will just write it in that language, if you are not, you will search by romanization. However, not everyone likes to find a shortcut for a marcoon and so on, he will be looking for it without special characters, because most probably he cannot even write it. Most people would really look for ziji de fangjian instead of Zìjǐ De Fángjiān, thus they won't find the map. We don't use special characters in romanised artist or title, so it is also wrong in tags. Yeah I kinda felt like this was wrong but was waiting for someone to point it out as I did not feel too confident about removing this
- Add 盧文韜 (Lu Wentao) to tags as he composed this song and definitely deserves it. oh yes he does
- Also add 張逸帆 (JerryC, Thang Yifan, Jerry Chang) as it is arranger of the song. I didn't even know..uwu
- I really recommend to change the hitsounds a bit. For example you are using snare for few slider ticks, while the rest of song are just claps, which really don't fit to the song. You might try these, which would make it more consistent and fitting to the song: http://puu.sh/gKFOU/cdb3249f7e.rar
Oh my, I feel like just adding these increased the quality of the maps hitsounds by 10000%. I was trying to find custom ones to use but failed, thank you SO MUCH for finding these
- Not like that really is unrankable, but it breaks guidelines, which might only be broken only in really special cases, which this isn't. The kiai times are not consistent between normal and easy, AND kiai start out of a downbeat on normal, what seemed to be really insensible. You probably have to do this:
00:45:388 - Remove the kiai and put it on 00:45:624
01:14:679 - Move this timing point on 01:14:915, so the kiai ends more sensibly and so it's consistent with easy.
02:23:892 - Move this timing point on 02:23:892 for the same reason as above.
02:53:892 - Remove the kiai and put it on 02:54:128
03:08:065 - Move this timing point on 03:08:301 for same reason as the previous ones.
It is important to be on downbeat as it determines when the star fountain will start (and on taiko it afflicts score). This does not seem to be sensible at all, just make it same as easy difficulty.
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for telling me! I never really tried playing anything but Standard so I wasn't thinking about how these things might affect different modes.
- All settings seems to be fine and making a fine gap for 2-diff map, but you should change the circle size to 4. The reason is, it's a 2-diff map, so it should be something like normal+, when the song is such a lively one. But the main reason is this combination of AR and CS makes it harder to read, as an example, you can play some AngelHoney's maps (rog-unlimitation), you will clearly notice the difficulty is increased by using a small circle size and high AR. If the circles are too big, objects seem to be near each other and when the AR is too big in comparsion, newbie might start to panic. Basically if there is bigger visual gap between objects, it is easier to read with this AR and also your patterns are quite often well-places, you use some nice blankets and that looks slightly smoother with smaller CS.
Seems like a very reasonable suggestion. I like how you went out of your way to actually justify why these changes should be made instead of simply writing 'cs 4 pl0x', so I feel MUCH better about applying these changes!
- These changes are about hitsounds
00:58:144 - Use slidertick2 there, so it is consistent with 01:00:270. There is also a drum in song, so it should be hitsounded if you already did on some places. Done. Also works nicely as a build-up
00:59:088 - Same as above yeah this one too
01:07:120 (2) - You should remove claps on 01:07:120 and 01:07:592 as there are none in a song and use slidertick2 on 01:07:829, because there is a snare in a song. Done!
01:36:175 - Use slidertick2, there is a snare in a song yep
01:51:057 - Same as above yusss
02:06:175 - Same as above aaand this one too
02:07:120 - Same as above well uuh yeah this one as well
02:15:151 (2) - Remove clap on 02:15:151 and 02:15:624, there is a no snare again and use slidertick2 on 02:15:860. Changed this just like I did with the pattern above
02:21:057 - Use a slidertick2, because it is in a song, and you did exactly on the same drum on 02:21:529 nice catch!
03:01:451 - Remove the clap because there is none in the song. sure thing
- You should use CS 3 for similar reasons as Normal. Current CS is a bit worse to read and objects also seem to be too near, thus the patterns don't look that well. As an example, 00:45:624 (1,2,3) - Seems really weird, because the gap is inconsistent, but if you use CS 3, the gap looks more consistent and that all makes the patterns better.
- 01:03:577 - Remove the clap, it sounds really weird, becuase there is nothing in a song. Done!
- 01:39:955 - Use a slidertick2 as there is a snare in a song The only reason I couldnt apply this is because I got rid of the slider just like you suggested
- 01:47:514 - Same as above yup
- 02:11:608 - Same as 01:03:577, the clap is not supposed to be on this place yeah it really does.. uwu
- 02:34:758 (5) - Would be fine with clap on start and end as it is also in a music This sounded a bit strange and unfitting with my old hitsounds, but much better now that I'm using yours!
- 02:50:821 - Don't use the slidertick2, as there is nothing in a song hitsound be goonnee
- 03:00:270 - Use slidertick2 here and remove clap from 03:00:506 to be correct with the song yep
- 00:39:010 (2) - and 01:39:482 (1) - are not really a good choice for easy difficulty, because they ignore the downbeat, which is in this place more significant than the voice was, thus the only thing this can lead into is a confusion of newbies.
Got rid of these two and replaced them with a shorter repeat and a circle, I feel like this nicely catches the downbeat + it's easy to hitsound properly c:
This map seems to be really smooth, just needs some hitsound correction and improvement, but the patterns and rhytm was just all quite fine. Just the last thing on easy bothered be quite a lot, because that's was almost only wrong rhythm in the mapset.
Good luck, have a star when I have it. (If I was a BN, personally I'd maybe give that bubble)~
AIBat wrote:Inconsistency in Kiai Times:
- [Easy] :
Kiai #3: Starts on 02:54:128, ends on 03:08:301
- [Normal] :
Kiai #3: Starts on 02:53:892, ends on 03:08:301
Thanks a bunch o3o
fuyuyu- wrote:from modding queue
※my english is poor, I hope your understanding
wow good song but I don't understand the meaning of the lyricsIt's purposely?
AIBat wrote:Inconsistency in Kiai Times:
- [Easy] :
Kiai #3: Starts on 02:54:128, ends on 03:08:301
- [Normal] :
Kiai #3: Starts on 02:53:892, ends on 03:08:301
Nope. Apparantly missed this for some reason, thanks for pointing it out!
- I think this mapset needs CS3~3.5 Normal.
Normal diff is CS4, it's rankable, but I think this mapset have huge difficulty gap between Easy-Normal for 2diff(E-N) mapset.
The gap between Easy and Normal is pretty reasonable imo, + I think that having a Normal+ is better for a Set that has two Difficulties only, this should not be a problem
- 01:45:151 (1,3) - switch NC done
- 01:47:986 (1) - remove NC done!
- 03:09:364 (1) - add whistle? hmmm this feels kind weird imo..might consider adding a whistle if this gets pointed out again
Thanks a bunch for the mod AND the star o3o
- 00:49:876 (5) - Add new combo for consistency.
- 00:51:293 (1) - Remove new combo for consistency. done!
- 00:53:655 (2) - Add new combo for consistency. aaand done!
- 00:58:852 (4) - Add finish instead of whistle on slider's start. cymbal sound exists there. hmm I guess I was being a bit to hesitant when i comes to using finishes
- 01:12:081 (1) - Same as above. yeah
- 01:14:915 (2) - I think it would be not bad that adding whistle on slider's start. yeah, feels better to atleast have some sort of feedback on this
- 01:51:766 (3) - Add clap instead of whistle on slider's end. yes
- 02:06:884 (4) - Same as 00:58:852. done!
- 02:22:002 (3) - Same as above. aaanndddd done
- 02:23:892 (1) - Why don't you add finish on slider's start? idk why :c
- Hitsound volume is too low. i'd recommend increasing hitsound volume like as Easy difficulty. done, didnt want the hitsounds to overpower the song, though I guess having them consistent between the Diffs is the right thing to do c:
- 00:16:096 (2) - Remove whistle on slider's end for consistency. nice catch!
- 00:32:159 (4,5) - Why is this distance 1.5x? aaaah idk why
- 00:58:852 (3) - Add new combo for consistency. done!
- 01:13:970 (1,2) - Same as 00:32:159. i don't know why this distance is 1.6x. the slider somehow jumped to 1.6 spacing when it tried moving it...weird. fixed ofc
- 01:40:427 (4) - is this finish necessary? I think it would suffice that using whistle. yeah..also used whistles for other, similar spots
- 02:06:884 (3) - Add new combo for consistency. done!
- 02:20:112 (1) - Add finish instead of whistle on slider's start for consistency. dun
- 02:25:781 (1) - Same as 01:40:427. fixed!
I don't know meaning. but this song is good <3
Thanks a bunch o3o
Sala- wrote:Hi, you tried to solve my puzzle and your attempt was good enough to be worth a mod!
The drum sample might be a bit too loud, especially in the beginning (1st Kiai). I'd suggest to lower the volume of that specific sound by using a program like audacity to adjust the sound file's volume. If you don't have any access to such a program, call me ingame and I'll do it for you.
I feel like lowering the hitsound volume during the first kiai works just as well.
|01:15:860 (1) - Might be too short. What about extending it to 01:19:640 - ?
It feels a bit weird to keep spinning when the vocals have already faded out :/ I might do this if it turns out that this actually is too short
I would say that you could improve the cursor movement flow a bit by replacing some sliders, but that might kill the maps structure. Anyway, let me suggest them real quick, maybe there is something valuable.
00:47:514 (3) - Ctrl+H, rotate by ca. 30° and move it to the previous circle's left maybe I somehow failed followed your instructions correctly, but this kinda ended up looking weird. I get why you felt this flowed badly though so I remapped it
02:09:718 (2,3,4) - Those could form a bit cleaner circle shape altogether. moved 2 up to straighten out 3, should look cleaner now
The rest was quite fine, no dramatic rhythmical errors, placement is a bit disagreeable, but fine.
|I have mentioned this already, I don't like that the vocals are followed in the beginning. It's not a bad idea, as you would use the most obvious stressable reference, but due to that, the map starts lacking of structure. To be honest, I think there is less of a problem with the vocals, but with the rhythmical usage of objects together with their placement and shape. For example: 00:22:947 (1,2) - These aren't connected in any way whatsoever, because 1 doesn't really lead to 2 in an intuitive way. Especially for slow songs, it's pretty important to keep everything fluent.
mhmm basically remapped most of the slow part to feel more nicer and flow better!
|00:19:640 (2,5) - These make the pattern look somewhat unclean. The straight lines don't work together with the curves of the other ones. I suggest some different shapes and maybe a different placement.
I guess all other things in the intro don't cause any problems, even though things look a bit weird.
|02:35:703 (1,2,3) - Rhythmically interesting. But I think this could be improved, things don't look or feel connected. Can you try to use some better sliders or sliders instead of circles? I hope this doesn't make the whole thing too hard to call it a normal, but it would definitely improve the flow.
considering the high note density of this Diff, I don't think using a slider feels overdone or too hard.
Again, probably arguable slider shapes and minor problems with object placement, but those are less of a problem in general and don't cause any rankability inconveniences.
Thanks a bunch o3o
Pjecoo wrote:Hi, as requested.
00:22:947 (1) - How about this? Done! though I'm not 100% sold on this, it looks a bit nicer than mne
00:39:010 (2) - Ctrl+J and place it on x:456; y:332 I like it in it's current position :c
01:49:876 (1) - It's my personal preference but I would remove the redpoint and make a blanket. Hmm I will consider doing this if more people point it out, though I think that this currently plays nicely and looks decent
That's all I found.
This map/song is awesome <3