forum

Chou Huei - Bing Kuai

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Peachtrees
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 25 April 2015 at 22:46:26

Artist: Chou Huei
Title: Bing Kuai
Tags: pinyin Zhang Yifan 卢文韬 张逸帆 p_a_n 冰块 張逸帆 盧文韜 zi ji de fang jian Where zhou hui 自己的房間 Own Room ice cube
BPM: 127
Filesize: 6186kb
Play Time: 03:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.52 stars, 148 notes)
  2. Normal (2.09 stars, 257 notes)
  3. P A N's Hard (3.2 stars, 417 notes)
Download: Chou Huei - Bing Kuai
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
T H A N K S P A N

uvu
Ringating
from my queue:

I was able to find the original by using tineye (it's a good alternative to google reverse image searching, since it sometimes has better results). I removed the letterbox and cropped it to 16:9, then downscaled it to 768p.also, your mp3 sounds pretty bad, so I went on a quest to find a better version. I eventually resorted to manually ripping it from this site, since it sounds significantly better than the current mp3. Here is the new audio file (offset will be different).

also also, according to this site the album is called "自己的房間" or "Zìjǐ De Fángjiān" or "Own Room", so perhaps add some, or all (?), of those to the tags. Also maybe check the rest of the metadata with that site (though I'm no expert on metadata).

no kds
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Ringating wrote:

from my queue:

I was able to find the original by using tineye (it's a good alternative to google reverse image searching, since it sometimes has better results). I removed the letterbox and cropped it to 16:9, then downscaled it to 768p.also, your mp3 sounds pretty bad, so I went on a quest to find a better version. I eventually resorted to manually ripping it from this site, since it sounds significantly better than the current mp3. Here is the new audio file (offset will be different).

also also, according to this site the album is called "自己的房間" or "Zìjǐ De Fángjiān" or "Own Room", so perhaps add some, or all (?), of those to the tags. Also maybe check the rest of the metadata with that site (though I'm no expert on metadata).

no kds
Oh god thank you so much! I'm on mobile right now so I can't take care of this right now, will manage all of this after getting home from work! THANKS!
Glasses
Here from Modreqs!
Change the Offset to 270ms and it should be perfect.
You don't need to worry about other Timing Points it's fine that way.
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

jasdfhg wrote:

Here from Modreqs!
Change the Offset to 270ms and it should be perfect.
You don't need to worry about other Timing Points it's fine that way.
Thank you ^_^
Lazer
Hi, I'm sorry but I cannot find anything wrong with your diff (I'm a terrible modder when it comes to normals/easy)

Take a star instead ^^
Topic Starter
Peachtrees
O_O you're the first one ever to start anything I've ever made, thank youuuu!! (/TAT)/
Moro
Modding queue Request :D

Easy

• 00:19:167 (1,2,3) - I think this would fit better
    00:29:561 (1) - you might want to flip this one
    00:40:899 (1) - this one seems kind of awkward, might want to blank it around the previous slider end
    00:55:073 (2) - put this one a little bit more to the right and blank it with the slider before
    01:37:592 (1,2) - add circle between those two
    01:47:041 (2,1,3) - maybe change it to this
    01:48:931 (1,2,3) - and then, maybe this
    01:58:380 (1,2) - the overlap here is weird in my opinion
    02:04:049 (1) - i suggest you make that one similiar to this
    02:10:663 (2) - i would either stack the slider with 02:09:246 (6) - or flip the slider
    02:27:671 (1,3) - im not sure about this overlap
    02:56:962 (3,4) - try to improve the blank
    02:59:797 (1,2,1) - ^
Normal

• 00:19:640 (2,3,4,5) - pattern suggestion
    01:24:836 (3,4) - try to blank theese two
    02:11:608 (6) - this one should be curved, the edgy slider doesnt fit imo
the normal diff was really good already, so i couldnt pull much out of it. I hope this was helpful, if you see any big mistakes made by me, id apreciate a small feedback :D

Gl with the map
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

-Sandoras- wrote:

Modding queue Request :D

Easy

• 00:19:167 (1,2,3) - I think this would fit better hmm I kinda agree that the overlap looked a bit weird. I changed this up to get rid of the overlay, though I didn't map remap according to your suggestion since that would've meant breaking up the following patterns too

00:29:561 (1) - you might want to flip this one agreed!

00:40:899 (1) - this one seems kind of awkward, might want to blank it around the previous slider end this one's fine. blanketing it around anything would feel too crowded

00:55:073 (2) - put this one a little bit more to the right and blank it with the slider before I changed up this part to make it prettier, though I didn't blanket anything :P

01:37:592 (1,2) - add circle between those two I like this to emphasize the breaks in the vocals. adding a circle feels unneccessary imo

01:47:041 (2,1,3) - maybe change it to this I changed the position of 1 to make the two sliders allign nicely c: no blanket though =.=

01:48:931 (1,2,3) - and then, maybe this again, slightly rearranged because of the privious change

01:58:380 (1,2) - the overlap here is weird in my opinion changed to a less weird overlap :P

02:04:049 (1) - i suggest you make that one similiar to this I actually like how the turn in the slider does along with the vocals + I think it matches the previous straight sliders fairly nicely, so I'm keeping it c:

02:10:663 (2) - i would either stack the slider with 02:09:246 (6) - or flip the slider flipping feels alright

02:27:671 (1,3) - im not sure about this overlap none of the testplayers had any problems with this whatsoever, so I'm assuming this isn't too confusing or anything.

02:56:962 (3,4) - try to improve the blank this is not supposed to blanket c:

02:59:797 (1,2,1) - ^ this ones isn't either c:
Normal

• 00:19:640 (2,3,4,5) - pattern suggestion I was going for a circular/round-ish movement to match the sliders. I'll keep your suggestion in mind and then apply something similar if future mods point this out as well!

01:24:836 (3,4) - try to blank theese two blanketing these two would either make for a kinda weird angle between those two or overlap with the previous slider >< I kinda feel like this should be fine without any form of blanket

02:11:608 (6) - this one should be curved, the edgy slider doesnt fit imo I agree with this one. Made it into a wiggly shaped slider~
the normal diff was really good already, so i couldnt pull much out of it. I hope this was helpful, if you see any big mistakes made by me, id apreciate a small feedback :D

Gl with the map
Thanks a bunch for the mod!~~
hehe
modreqs

normal:
00:21:057 - keep this mapped. its a piano note and i think its important.
00:27:671 (2) - ctrl + H, then reposition. i think it looks better

anyway i looked through the rest of the map, instead of pointing out small stuff i'll tell what's most important:
1. keep your NCs consistent, that is, once every 1/2/4 measures, depending on the intensity and how you like it. keep it strict and consistent. here's what i mean from 00:45:624 - onwards: http://i.imgur.com/Gg0EZ7U.png i NC every measure. also note that i changed the rhythm around here: 00:48:458 - i'll discuss it next point
2. try not to forgo hitsounds for vocals. although its a normal, i think you are able to map most of the beats due to the simplicity of the songs. 01:13:734 (5) - like in here, a finish is missed in the middle of the slider since you're mapping to vocals. if you changed it up to something like this, http://i.imgur.com/TlUUMj4.png, there would be no issue hitsounding and you're still hitting the vocals. and starting the spinner here is good too, for the same reasons: 01:15:860 -
3. use kiai mode for the chorus lol

that should be most of the things that are necessary. maybe add a hard diff if you're up to it. your object placement seems very clean and nice, i like that though. and maybe add 'zhou hui' to tags since thats an alternate romanization.

good luck on this
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

handsome wrote:

modreqs Thank you for taking your time!

normal:
00:21:057 - keep this mapped. its a piano note and i think its important. done c: stacked the circle under the end of the first curved slider to make it look nice and clean

00:27:671 (2) - ctrl + H, then reposition. i think it looks better you're right! flows nicely into the next long slider

anyway i looked through the rest of the map, instead of pointing out small stuff i'll tell what's most important:
1. keep your NCs consistent, that is, once every 1/2/4 measures, depending on the intensity and how you like it. keep it strict and consistent. here's what i mean from 00:45:624 - onwards: http://i.imgur.com/Gg0EZ7U.png i NC every measure. also note that i changed the rhythm around here: 00:48:458 - i'll discuss it next point I re-did the Combos on both the Norma and Easy Diff c: I tried to put the NCs on the big white ticks mostly, only changing things up when it felt super inappropriate or it really felt like a NC was needed at a different point c:

2. try not to forgo hitsounds for vocals. although its a normal, i think you are able to map most of the beats due to the simplicity of the songs. 01:13:734 (5) - like in here, a finish is missed in the middle of the slider since you're mapping to vocals. if you changed it up to something like this, http://i.imgur.com/TlUUMj4.png, there would be no issue hitsounding and you're still hitting the vocals. and starting the spinner here is good too, for the same reasons: 01:15:860 - I added some finishes for the Normal and re-did both patterns that were similar to the one you pointed out. I don't know if adding lots of new circles and 1/2 sliders would be a great idea though :/ lots of people complained about circles feeling 'too fast' or 'weird' when I tried adding more circles/short sliders before uploading the map. I also added a decent amount of sliderticks on the Easy Diff as I was missing out on quite a few white ticks, which sounded kind of weird c: Also (legit question): I don't really see how adding more hitsounds to the Normal would make it sound nicer, doesn't this just make it feel noisier? I mean I've got every 2nd and 4th white tick covered and it doesn't feel like I should be adding anymore finishes [/u]

3. use kiai mode for the chorus lol donnneeee

that should be most of the things that are necessary. maybe add a hard diff if you're up to it. your object placement seems very clean and nice, i like that though. and maybe add 'zhou hui' to tags since thats an alternate romanization. done! Also added Ringating's tags which I apparantly forgot to add ;w;

good luck on this

Thanks a bunch for the mod~~
Krauv
Hey, from Krauv's Queue

Easy
00:45:624 (1) - move up to align with (4)'s endpoint
00:51:293 (1) - could blanket better
01:06:884 (2) - spacing
02:27:671 (1) - move up to align with (3)
03:02:632 (1) - could blanket better with previous slider
Normal
00:24:600 (3) - could blanket better with (4)
01:09:246 (3) - move to the left (388,204) personally, this flows better than how it currently is
01:47:041 (5) - strange looking slider for something that gets blanketed (suggested that you leave (5) with one curve instead of the turn)
02:08:773 (3) - stack under previous (1)'s end point
02:10:663 (1) - could blanket better for (3)
02:59:797 (1) - ^ with (2)

It really is a nice, relaxing song. Good map. These are all suggestions. Feel free to ignore the entire post if you feel so.
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Krauv wrote:

Hey, from Krauv's Queue That was FAST! Thanks a bunch~

Easy
00:45:624 (1) - move up to align with (4)'s endpoint not 100% sure about this, it does look cleaner to have them both align though so I'll apply this as it wouldn't be too much of a hustle to change this one back again c:

00:51:293 (1) - could blanket better agreed!

01:06:884 (2) - spacing how did I even miss this one...nice catch!

02:27:671 (1) - move up to align with (3) I actually like the little curved movement here. I feel like having this align would look a bit clunky ><

03:02:632 (1) - could blanket better with previous slider done!

Normal
00:24:600 (3) - could blanket better with (4) agreed!

01:09:246 (3) - move to the left (388,204) personally, this flows better than how it currently is I wasn't exactly set on the original pattern so I'm fine with changing this up a bit to improve the flow!

01:47:041 (5) - strange looking slider for something that gets blanketed (suggested that you leave (5) with one curve instead of the turn) I actually like the little turn and the end of the slider...gives the thing a little extra uuh 'hmpf' (strange way of describing it, sorry ><)

02:08:773 (3) - stack under previous (1)'s end point again, nice catch (this was supposed to be stacked o.o)

02:10:663 (1) - could blanket better for (3) done!

02:59:797 (1) - ^ with (2) aaand done!

It really is a nice, relaxing song. Good map. These are all suggestions. Feel free to ignore the entire post if you feel so.
Thanks for helping me polish this!<3
Euny
your request! came from my queue

• Easy
  1. i recommend od-1 , hp-1 for this diff.
  2. 00:15:151 remove or move this timing point. (other timing points too.)
  3. 00:21:057 (3) - it's really silence part. isn't it? so, i think remove finish and add whistle at the slider's head should be more nice.
  4. 00:24:836 (2) - ^
  5. 01:14:915 (1) - it just my suggestion, place it on x262y171 for better flow?
  • Normal
  1. 00:15:151 i think this timing point seems to useless. remove or move this.(same reason by easy)
  2. 01:34:758 (1,2) - recheck blanket
really lovely song. and i can't fine wrong D:..!
gl with it!
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Euny wrote:

your request! came from my queue Thank you for the fast mod >3<

• Easy
  1. i recommend od-1 , hp-1 for this diff. done!
  2. 00:15:151 remove or move this timing point. (other timing points too.) some where messed up due to an mp3 change..fixed!
  3. 00:21:057 (3) - it's really silence part. isn't it? so, i think remove finish and add whistle at the slider's head should be more nice. you're right! Hitsounding isn't my strongest part, so thanks for pointing this out!
  4. 00:24:836 (2) - ^ same as above!
  5. 01:14:915 (1) - it just my suggestion, place it on x262y171 for better flow? YES! great suggestion (I think I forgot to move this at some point while remapping ;w;)
  • Normal
  1. 00:15:151 i think this timing point seems to useless. remove or move this.(same reason by easy) again, missed changing this after getting a new mp3 (god bless Ringating this guy's a wizard I'm tellin ya)
  2. 01:34:758 (1,2) - recheck blanket aaannnd done!

really lovely song. and i can't fine wrong D:..!
gl with it!
Thanks a bunch for the quik mod ~~~~
Snaggletooth
M4M

1. I really think you should use your custom soft-slidertick (normal-hit) as custom soft-hitclap as well.

• The reason for this is not that I don't recognize what type of beats you wanted to empathise but that the change between
      soft and normal only at certain points in kiai sometimes sounds really crude. And this could be fixed by making the slidertick a bit quiter BUT
      I think the better alternative is to replace all your current soft-hitclaps with normal-hits. It sounds just too awkward as it is right now.

[Easy]
  1. 00:22:947 (1,2) - Map them on Vocals.
    1. There isn't any other real outstanding sound wich makes this harder to hit for no reason. I suggest you extend (1) to 00:24:128 then copy
      and paste/flip it and make the copy start on 00:24:600.
  2. 01:15:624 (1) - Start spinner earlier
    1. The spinner isn't too short or too long; I'd just rather have it start on 01:15:624 to match the vocals. There is no problem in doing that as the spinner appears after the Slider (1) has finished which benefits new players and old players.
  3. 01:15:624 (1) + 03:09:010 (1) - Silence spinner end.
    1. There is no beat that would need to have a hitsound It would finish the map nicely.

[Normal]
  1. 00:18:222 (4) - Map this on Vocals.
    1. I always want to jump on this point because the vocals simply are the most prevalent in this particular part. I suggest you start the slider on 00:17:986. And since this would mess up your pattern, heres an example to fix that.
      Example

I obviously had to move 00:19:640 (2) to an earlier position to show you what I exactly did.
      I reshaped the sliders so that the slider(4)-end
      would stack with the slider(2)-end. The Overlap at this point isn't a big issue since new players would be focusing on (1) and by the time they hit it and move on to the slider(2) the overlap is gone. I also suggest to avoid overlap of circle(1) and slider(5) to move it to x:396 y:152. It's not 100% accurate with
      Distance Snap, but it's not a big issue since your are only moving it a few grids; New Players will focus more on Approach circles than on distance.
  2. 00:32:159 (2) - Cosmetical Issue
    1. I think you tried a bit too hard (imo) to force this into symmetry and have it fit with your current Distance Snap. I suggest you to use
      something less 'peaky' since there is really no signifficant change while you are playing the slider. (you could argue for the high tone in the voice but that tone is exactly as long as the slider. It starts and ends high, so having a more 'flat' version of the slider is beneficial to the eye).
      Now I know that this dosn't fit with your current Distance Snap and to make things work I had to change 00:31:451 (4) position.
      What I did

So what I essencially did was copy 00:32:632 (1); hit ctrl+g and move it to x:496 y:216
  3. 01:15:860 (1) - Start spinner earlier
    1. The spinner isn't too short or too long; I'd just rather have it start on 01:15:624 to match the vocals.
    2. 02:37:120 (1)
    3. 03:09:246 (1)

4. 03:01:687 (1) - Mapped on wrong rythm
    1. The way it is now, this slider is more filler than a good addition of a beat. The way I see it, this slider should be removed so you can acctually empathise that there is no beat. Here is a timeline example.
      Timeline

I removed slider (1) and added a 1/2 slider instead of 03:02:395 (4).
      Pattern

Slider(4) would be on x:56 y:120
  5. 03:09:246 (1) +01:15:860 (1) - Silence Spinner ending.
    1. There is no beat that would need to have a hitsound It would finish the map nicely.

This is a real neat mapset so far. I'd shoot a star but I don't have any currently so sorry >A<'
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Snaggletooth wrote:

M4M

1. I really think you should use your custom soft-slidertick (normal-hit) as custom soft-hitclap as well.

• The reason for this is not that I don't recognize what type of beats you wanted to empathise but that the change between
      soft and normal only at certain points in kiai sometimes sounds really crude. And this could be fixed by making the slidertick a bit quiter BUT
      I think the better alternative is to replace all your current soft-hitclaps with normal-hits. It sounds just too awkward as it is right now.

This is pretty much what I've been trying to do for a long time. I just kind of messed up adding the mp3 for the new hitclap properly...oops. Finally managed do add it properly after taking my time to figure it out

[Easy]
  1. 00:22:947 (1,2) - Map them on Vocals.
    1. There isn't any other real outstanding sound wich makes this harder to hit for no reason. I suggest you extend (1) to 00:24:128 then copy
      and paste/flip it and make the copy start on 00:24:600.
    I agree that this does sound nicer. Not sure about how it looks now though as I had to kind of mess with the pattern ><
  2. 01:15:624 (1) - Start spinner earlier
    1. The spinner isn't too short or too long; I'd just rather have it start on 01:15:624 to match the vocals. There is no problem in doing that as the spinner appears after the Slider (1) has finished which benefits new players and old players.
    I orignially had them start on the red tick but felt like maybe it'd be too early for an Easy Diff. I guess it's not :P
  3. 01:15:624 (1) + 03:09:010 (1) - Silence spinner end.

Done!

[Normal]
  1. 00:18:222 (4) - Map this on Vocals.
    1. I always want to jump on this point because the vocals simply are the most prevalent in this particular part. I suggest you start the slider on 00:17:986. And since this would mess up your pattern, heres an example to fix that.
      Example

I obviously had to move 00:19:640 (2) to an earlier position to show you what I exactly did.
      I reshaped the sliders so that the slider(4)-end
      would stack with the slider(2)-end. The Overlap at this point isn't a big issue since new players would be focusing on (1) and by the time they hit it and move on to the slider(2) the overlap is gone. I also suggest to avoid overlap of circle(1) and slider(5) to move it to x:396 y:152. It's not 100% accurate with
      Distance Snap, but it's not a big issue since your are only moving it a few grids; New Players will focus more on Approach circles than on distance.
    Good suggestion. I didn't quite map it like you put it in your screenshot, though it ended up look very simliar. The only thing I'm kind of grumpy about is the next circle as I'm not sure whether or not it will flow nicely >< (I didn't want to move the next slider)
  2. 00:32:159 (2) - Cosmetical Issue
    1. I think you tried a bit too hard (imo) to force this into symmetry and have it fit with your current Distance Snap. I suggest you to use
      something less 'peaky' since there is really no signifficant change while you are playing the slider. (you could argue for the high tone in the voice but that tone is exactly as long as the slider. It starts and ends high, so having a more 'flat' version of the slider is beneficial to the eye).
      Now I know that this dosn't fit with your current Distance Snap and to make things work I had to change 00:31:451 (4) position.
      What I did

So what I essencially did was copy 00:32:632 (1); hit ctrl+g and move it to x:496 y:216
    This is something I disagree with. I think that this nicely represents the vocals + it has a short break before the Slider starts so newer player should have enough time to properly react and position the cursor according to it's shaped without being confused.
  3. 01:15:860 (1) - Start spinner earlier
    1. The spinner isn't too short or too long; I'd just rather have it start on 01:15:624 to match the vocals.
    2. 02:37:120 (1)
    3. 03:09:246 (1)
    Done!

4. 03:01:687 (1) - Mapped on wrong rythm
    1. The way it is now, this slider is more filler than a good addition of a beat. The way I see it, this slider should be removed so you can acctually empathise that there is no beat. Here is a timeline example.
      Timeline

I removed slider (1) and added a 1/2 slider instead of 03:02:395 (4).
      Pattern

Slider(4) would be on x:56 y:120
    I'm not 100% set on this, though i get and like your idea. I ended up slightly curving in the slider though as I felt like it went along nicely with the slider it's blanketing with c:
  5. 03:09:246 (1) +01:15:860 (1) - Silence Spinner ending.

Done!

This is a real neat mapset so far. I'd shoot a star but I don't have any currently so sorry >A<'
I hope you'll like my part of the M4M >< and no worries because of the star o/~
Ipas
Hello!~
M4M Request xD

Easy
  1. 00:22:947 (1,2) - I guess making the red tick at the middle more better *Like this slider 01:12:081 (1)*
  2. 01:14:915 (1) - Remove NC?
  3. 01:15:860 - Starts spinner at here
  4. 02:23:892 (1) - Move the last tick of this slider to y:94 to make this more symmetric
  5. 02:35:703 (1) - Ummm,,,,, Change this slider style?
  6. 02:54:128 - Starts kiai at here?
  7. 02:56:962 (1,2) - I don't know how to do but if you can, blanket this xD
  8. 02:59:797 (1,2) - Blanket?
  9. 03:08:301 (1) - Remove NC?
  10. 03:09:246 - Starts spinner here
I LOVE THIS!!! Nice!!!

Normal
  1. 00:26:726 (1) - Change this slider style?
  2. 00:35:939 (4,2) - I think this overlap is bad. Change?
  3. 00:47:041 (4,1) - Fix blanket
  4. 01:06:175 (4,1) - ^
  5. 01:14:915 (1) - I think, changing SV at Normal is not recommended. Please, make this SV back to 0.9
  6. 01:15:624 - Since this is normal, i think you can add circle at this, then;
  7. 01:15:860 - Starts spinner here
  8. 01:26:018 (2) - Change slider style?
  9. 01:32:632 (4,1) - Bad overlap imo
  10. 01:34:758 (1,2) - Fix blanket
  11. 01:47:041 (5,6) - Blanket?
  12. 02:26:490 (2,4) - Bad overlap
  13. 03:08:301 (1) - I think, changing SV at Normal is not recommended. Please, make this SV back to 0.9
  14. 03:09:010 - Since this is normal, i think you can add circle at this, then;
  15. 03:09:246 - Starts spinner here
Good. I love this too.

Good Luck :D
Feel free to ask me when there's something you don't understand because of my English ;_;
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

NewIpas wrote:

Hello!~
M4M Request xD

Easy
  1. 00:22:947 (1,2) - I guess making the red tick at the middle more better *Like this slider 01:12:081 (1)* I'm using this shape to emphasize the vocals c:
  2. 01:14:915 (1) - Remove NC? done!
  3. 01:15:860 - Starts spinner at here I've had a lot of people tell me to start this on red OR on the white tick. I'll wait for a BN (someday ;w;) to show up and tell me what the right solution for this is c:
  4. 02:23:892 (1) - Move the last tick of this slider to y:94 to make this more symmetric done! nice catch ><
  5. 02:35:703 (1) - Ummm,,,,, Change this slider style? done! it should look a lot less sloppy now c:
  6. 02:54:128 - Starts kiai at here? yes! nice catch
  7. 02:56:962 (1,2) - I don't know how to do but if you can, blanket this xD this isn't actually supposed to blanket ><
  8. 02:59:797 (1,2) - Blanket? this one isn't either >< I feel like that'd be too much blanketing going on with the next slider blanketing too c:
  9. 03:08:301 (1) - Remove NC? done!
  10. 03:09:246 - Starts spinner here same as above c:
I LOVE THIS!!! Nice!!!

Normal
  1. 00:26:726 (1) - Change this slider style? doooonnne! this looks a lot nicer now ;w;
  2. 00:35:939 (4,2) - I think this overlap is bad. Change? yes! found a nice way to get rid of this c:
  3. 00:47:041 (4,1) - Fix blanket done!
  4. 01:06:175 (4,1) - ^ done!
  5. 01:14:915 (1) - I think, changing SV at Normal is not recommended. Please, make this SV back to 0.9 hmm not sure since it's only one slider...will change this though jsut too make sure c:
  6. 01:15:624 - Since this is normal, i think you can add circle at this, then;
  7. 01:15:860 - Starts spinner hereagain, I'll wait for BN to tell me whether or not starting this on the red or the white ticks is better c:
  8. 01:26:018 (2) - Change slider style? done!
  9. 01:32:632 (4,1) - Bad overlap imo curved in 4 more to fix this!
  10. 01:34:758 (1,2) - Fix blanket hmm this seems fine :o
  11. 01:47:041 (5,6) - Blanket? blanketing this looks fugly, so I'm just trying to have 6 kind of be parallel to 5
  12. 02:26:490 (2,4) - Bad overlap found a nice way to get rid of this *_* looks a lot cleaner now c:
  13. 03:08:301 (1) - I think, changing SV at Normal is not recommended. Please, make this SV back to 0.9 same as above >3<
  14. 03:09:010 - Since this is normal, i think you can add circle at this, then;
  15. 03:09:246 - Starts spinner here again, I'm waiting for a BN to tell me whether starting this on a red or a white tick is right c:
Good. I love this too.

Good Luck :D
Feel free to ask me when there's something you don't understand because of my English ;_;
Thanks a bunch for the mod and the starrsss~~~
Adol Christin
Greeting, from my queue. After replying, please grade my mod by voting in my queue if you are willing to.

从此不再当个寂寞的冰块。

General

1. Consider adding a Hard diff? The song is suitable for this. A set with E/N only won't be popular after ranked.
  2. Your hitsound is too loud for this song imo. Reduce the hitsound volume of the entire set by 10%-20%.

Normal

1. 00:19:167 (1,2) - Hard to read. Don't overlap here.
  2. 01:15:624 - Suggest to add a circle here (and adjust the spinner for this).
  3. 02:19:640 (4) - I would use a straight slider here. (You don't need to follow my habit)
  4. 02:36:884 - Suggest to add a circle here (and adjust the spinner for this).
  5. 03:09:010 - ^

Easy

I am suck at modding Easy diff. Just have a try.
Suggest AR=2
Suggest slider tick rate=1. This would not ruin your hitsound in the middle of slider and reduce the difficulty. I don't like a slider with massive ticks.
  1. 01:45:151 (1) - No hitsound in the middle of the slider?
  2. 02:06:884 (1) - Suggest slightly curve the slider.

That's all my mod. Sorry but I cannot find more. Generally your Normal is good.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Adol Christin wrote:

Greeting, from my queue. After replying, please grade my mod by voting in my queue if you are willing to.

从此不再当个寂寞的冰块。

General

1. Consider adding a Hard diff? The song is suitable for this. A set with E/N only won't be popular after ranked. I tried adding a hard but eventually got burned out from listening to this too much. This might be suitable for a Hard but I honestly don't feel like it neccessarily needs one c:
  2. Your hitsound is too loud for this song imo. Reduce the hitsound volume of the entire set by 10%-20%. 10% feels like the right amount ~.~

Normal

1. 00:19:167 (1,2) - Hard to read. Don't overlap here. Getting rid of this was quite difficult as I had to break up a lot of patterns following this one ugh...but I did it!
  2. 01:15:624 - Suggest to add a circle here (and adjust the spinner for this). Had more than two people in a row suggest this so I guess I'll be adding one :P
  3. 02:19:640 (4) - I would use a straight slider here. (You don't need to follow my habit) naw this looks gud
  4. 02:36:884 - Suggest to add a circle here (and adjust the spinner for this). same as above, fixed!
  5. 03:09:010 - ^ this one too!

Easy

I am suck at modding Easy diff. Just have a try.
Suggest AR=2 yeah why not c:

Suggest slider tick rate=1. This would not ruin your hitsound in the middle of slider and reduce the difficulty. I don't like a slider with massive ticks. It actually does mess with my hitsounding for one sliders :/ That's not a big deal though and since changing this seems like a good idea, I'll go for it

1. 01:45:151 (1) - No hitsound in the middle of the slider? oops.
  2. 02:06:884 (1) - Suggest slightly curve the slider. I actually like the straight slider better as it matches the previous one + I feel like it goes along better with the square pattern before (the square is 'sharp' and so a curvy slider wouldn't fit)

That's all my mod. Sorry but I cannot find more. Generally your Normal is good.
Good luck!
Thanks a bunch for your mod!
EncoreW
Please add "周蕙" to tags , the artist's name in Chinese .
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

tm1209 wrote:

done, thanks! (not sure if I should kds for this, if this is not worth a kds can someone removie/deny it?)
EncoreW

Peachtrees wrote:

tm1209 wrote:

done, thanks! (not sure if I should kds for this, if this is not worth a kds can someone removie/deny it?)
it's obviously not worth but someone can deny it like BN .
Topic Starter
Peachtrees
allright that should be fine! Thank you anyways >3<
Bakuenjin
Hier ist meine Mod :)

Da du eine Mod von ähnlicher Qualität wie deiner wolltest hab ich mir nicht ganz so viel Mühe gegeben (Das war ein Scherz!). :D

Ich hoffe wirklich ich kann dir weiterhelfen, obwohl ich immernoch ein totaler noob im modding bin (Übung macht den Meister, oder?).

Ich bin nur wirklich geringfügig auf die Ästhetik eingegangen und gar nicht auf dein Mapping Style, einfach nur weil jeder einen anderen hat und es da kein richtig/falsch oder gut/schlecht gibt. Muss auch ehrlich zugeben, dass deine Map schon in einem sehr fortgeschrittenem Stadium ist und fast perfekt ist.

Easy
Allgemein:

Du machst viele an sich richtige Blankets die aber hin und wieder den darauf folgenden oder den davor kommenden Circle nur unschön umschließen (Hier mal zwei Beispiele: 00:36:175 (4,1) - und 00:15:388 (1,3) - Wenn ich dir noch weitere oder alle schicken soll die mir aufgefallen sind, schreib mich einfach an). Natürlich ist das nur reine Ästhetik aber in meinen Augen sehr wichtig. Entweder richtig oder gar nicht xD (Und sei mir jetzt nicht böse für meine Ehrlichkeit :D)

DS und SV ist immer schön gleich und das Lied hat durchgängig einen guten Flow.

Wichtig:

00:45:624 (1) - Sehr problematische Stelle. Du hast die Polarity da gut umgesetzt über einen Slider ( von Roten 1/1 zu weißen 1/1 Lücken ) aber könnte dennoch grade für Neulinge schwierig werden, weil du plötzlich nichtmehr den Gesang durch deine Map betonst, sondern den Beat. Das eigentliche Problem ist, dass du quasi in Mitten von einem der Sätze wechselst und dazu noch den Slider auf keinen hörbaren Beat enden lässt. Bei den Gesang-zu-Beat wechsel davor in dem Lied ( bspw. 00:33:340 (1,2) - Hier lässt du den Slider auf einen direkt hörbaren Beat fallen wo kein Gesang ist wodurch direkt klar wird, dass jetzt der Beat als Rhythmus verwendet wird ).
Ich würde dir hier raten (und ich bin mir 100%-ig sicher das dir meine Idee überhaupt nicht gefallen wird D: ) durch einen Circle den Beat wechseln zu lassen (sprich so ähnlich wie in der [Normal] diff), auch wenn es eventuell nicht ganz im Stil deiner Map ist. Und da der Circle und der Slider-Anfang direkt aneinander sind können auch unerfahrene Spieler diese Stelle gut spielen. (Hier ein Beispielbild: Klick mich, du geile Sau!)

01:51:766 (1) - Was genau hast du mit diesem Slider versucht? Ich würde dir raten, die komplette Lila-Combo mit dem Gesang als Rythmus zu verwenden (So wie du es beim ersten Mal auch vor der Kiai Time gemacht hast). Hier: Diesmal bisschen fester klicken! oder Oh ja, das war perfekt geklickt! *sabber* (Es geht nur um den Rythmus in der Timeline, die Objekte sind einfach nur irgendwie plaziert).

Normal
Allgemein:

Genauso wie bei Easy gibt es viele Slider, die nur um ca. ein Kästchen verschoben werden müsste um den Circle perfekt zu umschließen. Ich verlinke dir an dieser Stelle mal ein sehr gutes Tutorial (HowToBasic-Kanal). Ich schreibe dir hier wieder nur 2 Beispiele aus deiner Map, wenn du alles haben möchtest, schreib mich einfach Ig an (01:06:175 (4,1) - oder 00:51:057 (4,1) - ).

01:11:372 (3) - Mach diesen Slider zu der neuen Combofarbe und 01:13:498 (3) - diesen dann auch.

DS ist durchgehend gut und die SV Änderungen wirken intuitiv das Lied hat durchgängig einen guten Flow. ( sprich wie in Easy-diff auch )

Wichtige Dinge:

00:41:608 (2,3,4,5) - versuche mehr Abwechslung in diese Stelle zu bringen. 4 mal hintereinander exakt den selben Slider ist etwas monoton. Nutze eventuell abwechselnd grade und kurvige Slider.

01:38:301 (1,2) - Ändere die Slider länge zu der länge deines... . Das gibt der Stelle einen deutlich besseren Flow!

02:51:293 (2,1) - Genau so muss ein perfekter Blanket aussehen!! * starts to f*p *

Das wars auch schon von mir. Bin mal wieder überhaupt nicht zufrieden mit meiner Mod, liegt wohl aber auch daran, dass ich noch nie mit etwas von mir zufrieden war. Ich denke die Punkte die ich habe können dir weiterhelfen, da sie meiner Meinung nach doch schon sehr wichtig sind. Bei Fragen bitte mich sofort anschreiben! :)

Wünsche dir noch viel Erfolg mit deiner Beatmap und hoffe, sie bald als Ranked spielen zu dürfen :)

P.S: Die Easy Mod ist noch zu der Map bevor du sie grade eben geupdated hast.
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

Bakuenjin wrote:

Hier ist meine Mod :)

Da du eine Mod von ähnlicher Qualität wie deiner wolltest hab ich mir nicht ganz so viel Mühe gegeben (Das war ein Scherz!). :D

Lass dich doch hier nicht so nervös machen man man man

Ich hoffe wirklich ich kann dir weiterhelfen, obwohl ich immernoch ein totaler noob im modding bin (Übung macht den Meister, oder?).

Ich bin nur wirklich geringfügig auf die Ästhetik eingegangen und gar nicht auf dein Mapping Style, einfach nur weil jeder einen anderen hat und es da kein richtig/falsch oder gut/schlecht gibt. Muss auch ehrlich zugeben, dass deine Map schon in einem sehr fortgeschrittenem Stadium ist und fast perfekt ist.

Easy
Allgemein:

Du machst viele an sich richtige Blankets die aber hin und wieder den darauf folgenden oder den davor kommenden Circle nur unschön umschließen (Hier mal zwei Beispiele: 00:36:175 (4,1) - und 00:15:388 (1,3) - Wenn ich dir noch weitere oder alle schicken soll die mir aufgefallen sind, schreib mich einfach an). Natürlich ist das nur reine Ästhetik aber in meinen Augen sehr wichtig. Entweder richtig oder gar nicht xD (Und sei mir jetzt nicht böse für meine Ehrlichkeit :D)

Das haben wir glaub ich via Chat nochmal besprochen, das muss ich glaub ich jetzt hier nicht nochmal aufführen oder?:P (wenn doch bescheid sagen)

DS und SV ist immer schön gleich und das Lied hat durchgängig einen guten Flow.

Wichtig:

00:45:624 (1) - Sehr problematische Stelle. Du hast die Polarity da gut umgesetzt über einen Slider ( von Roten 1/1 zu weißen 1/1 Lücken ) aber könnte dennoch grade für Neulinge schwierig werden, weil du plötzlich nichtmehr den Gesang durch deine Map betonst, sondern den Beat. Das eigentliche Problem ist, dass du quasi in Mitten von einem der Sätze wechselst und dazu noch den Slider auf keinen hörbaren Beat enden lässt. Bei den Gesang-zu-Beat wechsel davor in dem Lied ( bspw. 00:33:340 (1,2) - Hier lässt du den Slider auf einen direkt hörbaren Beat fallen wo kein Gesang ist wodurch direkt klar wird, dass jetzt der Beat als Rhythmus verwendet wird ).
Ich würde dir hier raten (und ich bin mir 100%-ig sicher das dir meine Idee überhaupt nicht gefallen wird D: ) durch einen Circle den Beat wechseln zu lassen (sprich so ähnlich wie in der [Normal] diff), auch wenn es eventuell nicht ganz im Stil deiner Map ist. Und da der Circle und der Slider-Anfang direkt aneinander sind können auch unerfahrene Spieler diese Stelle gut spielen. (Hier ein Beispielbild: Klick mich, du geile Sau!)

Verstehe was du an dieser Stelle erzielen willst, aber wie du selber sagst ist es halt eher Normal als Easy. An nur EINER Stelle in der ganzen map plötzlich auf 1/2 zu mappen ist denke ich keine gute Idee. Hatte bei vielen Testplays auch nie jemanden, der an dieser Stelle gescheitert wäre also denke ich mal es kann erstmal so bleiben.

01:51:766 (1) - Was genau hast du mit diesem Slider versucht? Ich würde dir raten, die komplette Lila-Combo mit dem Gesang als Rythmus zu verwenden (So wie du es beim ersten Mal auch vor der Kiai Time gemacht hast). Hier: Diesmal bisschen fester klicken! oder Oh ja, das war perfekt geklickt! *sabber* (Es geht nur um den Rythmus in der Timeline, die Objekte sind einfach nur irgendwie plaziert).

Auch das haben wir ja im Chat nochmal besprochen ;) Vocals eher dominant ja, aber den Drum sound einfach liegen lassen viel zu komisch (kurze version)

Normal
Allgemein:

Genauso wie bei Easy gibt es viele Slider, die nur um ca. ein Kästchen verschoben werden müsste um den Circle perfekt zu umschließen. Ich verlinke dir an dieser Stelle mal ein sehr gutes Tutorial (HowToBasic-Kanal). Ich schreibe dir hier wieder nur 2 Beispiele aus deiner Map, wenn du alles haben möchtest, schreib mich einfach Ig an (01:06:175 (4,1) - oder 00:51:057 (4,1) - ).

01:11:372 (3) - Mach diesen Slider zu der neuen Combofarbe und 01:13:498 (3) - diesen dann auch. Verstehe leider nicht wirklich warum..

DS ist durchgehend gut und die SV Änderungen wirken intuitiv das Lied hat durchgängig einen guten Flow. ( sprich wie in Easy-diff auch )

Wichtige Dinge:

00:41:608 (2,3,4,5) - versuche mehr Abwechslung in diese Stelle zu bringen. 4 mal hintereinander exakt den selben Slider ist etwas monoton. Nutze eventuell abwechselnd grade und kurvige Slider.

Muss dir hier leider wiedersprechen. Ich finde (persönliche Meinung inc.) das der Song an der Stelle auch eher langsam und monoton ist (von den Vocals her), sodass ich der Meinung bin das ein oder zwei Rotationen da als Abwechslung genügen

01:38:301 (1,2) - Ändere die Slider länge zu der länge deines... . Das gibt der Stelle einen deutlich besseren Flow!

Hab das an dieser Stelle einfach mal umgesetzt, kann verstehen was du hier erzielen willst. Den weißten Tick tatsächlich als objekt und nicht als Slidertail zu haben find ich garnicht schlecht, gibt dem ganzen etwas mehr Power. Bin zwar noch nicht 100% sicher was die Stelle angeht, aber das werden dann zukünftige Mods hoffentlich klären :P

02:51:293 (2,1) - Genau so muss ein perfekter Blanket aussehen!! * starts to f*p *
Sau...uwu

Das wars auch schon von mir. Bin mal wieder überhaupt nicht zufrieden mit meiner Mod, liegt wohl aber auch daran, dass ich noch nie mit etwas von mir zufrieden war. Ich denke die Punkte die ich habe können dir weiterhelfen, da sie meiner Meinung nach doch schon sehr wichtig sind. Bei Fragen bitte mich sofort anschreiben! :)

Wünsche dir noch viel Erfolg mit deiner Beatmap und hoffe, sie bald als Ranked spielen zu dürfen :) Hoffnung...TAT

P.S: Die Easy Mod ist noch zu der Map bevor du sie grade eben geupdated hast.
Topic Starter
Peachtrees
To potential future modders: I'll be hospitalized for a week, so I won't be able to immediatly apply your mods (sorry!) ;w;

They will NOT be ignored and I'll take my time to individually repsond to each of them after I'm back c:
Nathan
from queue

[General]
  1. If you don't have a storyboard, widescreen support should be off
  2. Also delete the osb file in the folder since it's unused
    Well these don't apply if you have storyboard that is a WIP :>
[Easy]
  1. 00:19:167 (1) - The finish is completely out of place here, just use a whistle
  2. 00:22:947 (1) - ^
  3. 00:26:726 (1) - ^
    The vocals alone aren't enough to justify a finish, it doesn't fit the instruments at all
  4. 00:22:947 (1,2) - Try this rhythm instead, or at least make them start and end on white ticks only to make the rhythm easier
  5. 00:31:451 (2) - Use a whistle on the tail instead
  6. 00:40:899 (1) - ^
  7. 01:03:577 (4) - Eh just use a clap on the head, doesn't fit instruments either
  8. 01:05:466 (2) - Whistle on the end
  9. 01:08:301 (1) - Now this should have a finish on the head :c
    Okay you probably get the idea, hitsound patterns for the most part should be based on instruments, I mean the hitsounds are made from instruments =w=
  10. 02:27:671 (1) - Curve this to blanket with 02:29:561 (3), also to avoid the overlap on the head of 02:29:561 (3)
  11. 02:35:703 (1) - Try to have the tail end more around the middle of the playfield so new players can get into spinning here easier
    This difficulty is actually pretty nice and simple, but the hitsounds need work
[Normal]
  • 1.40 SV is too high compared to easy (1.00), it should be around 1.20 or 1.10 to be balanced, also AR and OD should probably be decreased.
    Once again, I recommend just following instruments for hitsounds. Another thing is that you're mapping to vocals too much, it's fine in kiai but in other parts it's a bit unnecessary. This actually makes the rhythm a bit difficult for a normal since usually it would just be a bunch of onbeat 1/1 and some 1/2 notes.
    Other than that this is a nice map and song~
Topic Starter
Peachtrees

sukiNathan wrote:

from queue

[General]
  1. If you don't have a storyboard, widescreen support should be off >< I always forget things like that...thanks for reminding me!
  2. Also delete the osb file in the folder since it's unused donnnee!
    Well these don't apply if you have storyboard that is a WIP :> uuuh I have no idea how to SB so they do apply ~
[Easy]
  1. 00:19:167 (1) - The finish is completely out of place here, just use a whistle It does seem very unfitting during the slow beginning..I guess I was just hesitating to use too many whistles in a row..I need to work on my hitsounding ><
  2. 00:22:947 (1) - ^ the same applies for this one
  3. 00:26:726 (1) - ^ aaand this one
    The vocals alone aren't enough to justify a finish, it doesn't fit the instruments at all This is where I was wrong. I thought emphasizing the vocals with hitsounds was a good things to do :c
  4. 00:22:947 (1,2) - Try this rhythm instead, or at least make them start and end on white ticks only to make the rhythm easier done!
  5. 00:31:451 (2) - Use a whistle on the tail instead aAaAaAaaaannd done
  6. 00:40:899 (1) - ^ yeah this one too
  7. 01:03:577 (4) - Eh just use a clap on the head, doesn't fit instruments either done + applied for all the similar patterns too c:
  8. 01:05:466 (2) - Whistle on the end whistleee
  9. 01:08:301 (1) - Now this should have a finish on the head :c oki
    Okay you probably get the idea, hitsound patterns for the most part should be based on instruments, I mean the hitsounds are made from instruments =w= again, I kind of got this wrong...I reworked the hitsounds (mostly removing finishes that I used to emphasize vocals =.=)
  10. 02:27:671 (1) - Curve this to blanket with 02:29:561 (3), also to avoid the overlap on the head of 02:29:561 (3) this should look a lot nicer now! (ended up making 3 a straight slider)
  11. 02:35:703 (1) - Try to have the tail end more around the middle of the playfield so new players can get into spinning here easier made the slider blanket around the head of 5 c:
    This difficulty is actually pretty nice and simple, but the hitsounds need work
[Normal]
  • 1.40 SV is too high compared to easy (1.00), it should be around 1.20 or 1.10 to be balanced It's 1.4 but uses x0.9 SV so doesn't that techincally make it 1.26?

, also AR and OD should probably be decreased. done! not sure if using decimals is the way to go for the ar, I'm willing to change this though

Once again, I recommend just following instruments for hitsounds. again, I re-did some of the hitsounding (mostly removing loooots of unneccesarry finishes to make it less noisy)

Another thing is that you're mapping to vocals too much, it's fine in kiai but in other parts it's a bit unnecessary.This actually makes the rhythm a bit difficult for a normal since usually it would just be a bunch of onbeat 1/1 and some 1/2 notes. I played around with the rythm especially during the part after the second break to have the sliders start on the white ticks for the most part. I did some changes to the slow part too. Some of the still start on the red ticks though as I doon't feel like they're all confusing/unfitting ><

Other than that this is a nice map and song~

Thanks a bunch for your mod ~
RikiH_
Here is the mod, sorry for the delay but you know what happened to me fucking drunk ladies on buses cough cough
I didn't find big mistakes, seriously. I just pointed out important stuff, so please go through the map and fix all ugly blankets and nazi stuff xD

Easy

01:15:624 (1) - This spinner is too near to the slider, which is wrong for an Easy diff, start it at 01:15:860 -
02:03:104 (3,4) - I don't like these... they look a bit random, I'm sure you can re-arrange them in another shape
02:24:836 - This clap brakes your hitsounds pattern! it should be in this tick: 02:24:364
You also need a clap here 02:26:254 and here 02:28:144
02:36:884 (1) - Same as before, let it start in 02:37:120 -
02:52:002 and 02:53:892 - What are these sectinos for? xD
03:09:010 (1) - You know

Normal

01:36:057 - This. Why did you put HS on three ticks? I think it's a mistake and you didn't do it on purpose
02:35:703 (1,2) - Uhm, unstack these elements because they're hard to read by newbies
02:51:293 (2,1) - These elements are too near and they look ugly in play mode... I don't usually get nazi about this kind of stuff but this is definitely ugly, sorry!

I really like this song, and this is strange. Good luck for ranking :D
show more