forum

Hao2Taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitty McWittles
I'm decent at it, but I always lose a ton of points on maps with a lot of the big drum things because I can rarely hit two keys at the exact same time for it to count double.

How do the pros do it? Aside from obviously buying a gaming keyboard and macroing both drums to the same key -cough-
MMzz
I've always been able to do it,

I really don't know how I can explain hitting them, it's basicly just smashing both keys together.
SomeGuyNamedDavid
It might just be that you're not noticing. I used to think I wasn't getting the full points because the red numbers show the x1 value even when you earned the x2 value. You have to look at your actual score total to see if you scored the full points or not.
Topic Starter
Kitty McWittles
No, I'm noticing. If you get the double points, it shows and you see the big smiley face thing with the big glow instead of the regular face with the mild glow. I rarely see any of that, I get maybe 1/3rd of the big ones, on a good run.
MMzz

Samurai_X wrote:

No, I'm noticing. If you get the double points, it shows and you see the big smiley face thing with the big glow instead of the regular face with the mild glow. I rarely see any of that, I get maybe 1/3rd of the big ones, on a good run.
It just takes time to get good at them, I have been playing for almost a year and I might hit 3/4 of them in a map.
Zekira
Err, if you see two notes coming out from hitting one big note but doing it consecutively instead of simultaneously, they still count as 2x, but being hit seperately, right?

...err, I think I didn't word that properly. Maybe you can just watch my replay on Haya Saitama2000 since that song has a ton of big notes, and I have hit big notes both simultaneously and consecutively at times, and they seem to still yield the same score, just that the consecutive registers two times
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

Err, if you see two notes coming out from hitting one big note but doing it consecutively instead of simultaneously, they still count as 2x, but being hit seperately, right?

...err, I think I didn't word that properly. Maybe you can just watch my replay on Haya Saitama2000 since that song has a ton of big notes, and I have hit big notes both simultaneously and consecutively at times, and they seem to still yield the same score, just that the consecutive registers two times
I saw Cyclone talking about this in IRC awhile back, I thought it got removed.
Topic Starter
Kitty McWittles
I'm tempted to say that got removed, because I can hit both notes just fine most of the time, it's just that my timing isn't spot on, so I rarely get the x2 from being perfectly on time, but I still end up hitting both keys within a fraction of a second apart.