forum

Porter Robinson - Flicker

posted
Total Posts
show more
WITCHDAGGER

Hobbes2 wrote:

This is a dream. It’s time to wake up, sorry

hobbes with Cryptic Message........................
Enkidu

Hobbes2 wrote:

This is a dream. It’s time to wake up, sorry
monkaS

also holy shit holy shit holy shit
rHO
yes Love I love this
Asaiga
Thanks Cyllinus for being alive
Natsu
1 year later 8-)
error_exe777
FUCKING HELL
kbd

Natsu wrote:

1 year later 8-)
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
pls no ban
Cris-
Yay
Congrats!! :D
Hari
Congrats holyy
WITCHDAGGER
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always good to have more porter robinson songs on oss
AchsanLovers
HOLYYYYYY

congrats :>
Alonevpk
huh what i just woke up do it again
Monstrata
Holy....
LyanPlaysGames
Im SOOOOOOO ready to play this when its ranked
felys

Rishe wrote:

felys wrote:

if this is a dream don't wake me up
confuseh
Is this qualified mapper Cyllinus?
kbd

confuseh wrote:

Is this qualified mapper Cyllinus?
FlyingFire
GET THIS RANKED
defiance
Hi,

I don't think the spread is acceptable and balanced. Mainly due to the huge gap between advanced and hard.

My biggest issue is the kiai rhythms. The advanced has a mix of 1/2 and 1/1 while the hard is almost entirely 1/2 spam with almost no breaks in it. This makes the hard play more like an insane, and the advanced has more normal-esque rhythm to it.

Example: at around 02:09:506 -

Advanced:

Hard:

This is probably the most jarring example, the advanced uses rhythm that you would use in a normal. The hard rhythm in general is so dense and doesn't allow the player to breathe that much.

01:08:854 (3) - and 01:10:158 (3) - don't need to be 1/2, you should just try and map only the dudududu sounds

02:10:973 - from here until the end of the kiai has so much unnecessary filler, you can pretty much delete 02:11:462 (2) - 02:12:441 (1) - 02:14:071 (2) - and follow the synth more closely because otherwise your rhythm is just mindless 1/2 spam that doesn't belong in a hard. |

02:18:799 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is like a hard players worst nightmare here, 02:19:125 (3,1) - this jump is way too big. while it might not seem so difficult because there's a slider on each 3 the jump from each 3-1 is difficult and can be failed fairly easily by a hard player.

just in general, there's too much 1/2 in the map, you could really just put some 1/2 reverses or even make some of the rhythms 1/1 to make it easier and more playable for hard players. right now your hard is a light insane, and your advanced is more like a normal. making the gap from advanced to hard extremely big.

How to remedy this:
1. Nerf the hard so it doesn't have so much filler in it, and try and put some breaks so the players don't get so tired from the high rhythm density. (this may have spread problems because of how much harder the insane is)

2. Turn hard into light insane, and make the advanced a hard. The advanced is more like a normal in the sense of rhythm, I have seen normals with similar rhythms go through. Instead of making it more like a normal you could make a hard that's around 2.8-3.3* and have a nice spread. This is more work, but it gets you a nice spread imo.

I hope you can give me a good and honest response and not try to reject everything for the purpose of escaping to ranked. I would like to see this spread improved before this gets ranked and I honestly think that you could do better.

I apologize in advance if any of my words are hurtful or disruptive. I have no intention to purposefully dq your map. Thank you for your time.
pkhg
the only issue i have with advanced is using different spacing for 1/2s
02:03:799 (3,4,5) - spacing is the same for 1/1 and 1/2s here
02:05:756 (1,2,3) - different spacing for same gaps
also this 02:28:582 (5,1) - 02:54:669 (4,1,2,3) - those overlaps too tricky for this difficulty

these arent the only ones but you get what i mean
kbd
Is this disqualified mapper Cyllinus?
Topic Starter
Cyllinus

osuskrub wrote:

Hi,

I don't think the spread is acceptable and balanced. Mainly due to the huge gap between advanced and hard.

My biggest issue is the kiai rhythms. The advanced has a mix of 1/2 and 1/1 while the hard is almost entirely 1/2 spam with almost no breaks in it. This makes the hard play more like an insane, and the advanced has more normal-esque rhythm to it.

Example: at around 02:09:506 -

Advanced:

Hard:

This is probably the most jarring example, the advanced uses rhythm that you would use in a normal. The hard rhythm in general is so dense and doesn't allow the player to breathe that much.

01:08:854 (3) - and 01:10:158 (3) - don't need to be 1/2, you should just try and map only the dudududu sounds

02:10:973 - from here until the end of the kiai has so much unnecessary filler, you can pretty much delete 02:11:462 (2) - 02:12:441 (1) - 02:14:071 (2) - and follow the synth more closely because otherwise your rhythm is just mindless 1/2 spam that doesn't belong in a hard. |

02:18:799 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is like a hard players worst nightmare here, 02:19:125 (3,1) - this jump is way too big. while it might not seem so difficult because there's a slider on each 3 the jump from each 3-1 is difficult and can be failed fairly easily by a hard player.

just in general, there's too much 1/2 in the map, you could really just put some 1/2 reverses or even make some of the rhythms 1/1 to make it easier and more playable for hard players. right now your hard is a light insane, and your advanced is more like a normal. making the gap from advanced to hard extremely big.

How to remedy this:
1. Nerf the hard so it doesn't have so much filler in it, and try and put some breaks so the players don't get so tired from the high rhythm density. (this may have spread problems because of how much harder the insane is)

2. Turn hard into light insane, and make the advanced a hard. The advanced is more like a normal in the sense of rhythm, I have seen normals with similar rhythms go through. Instead of making it more like a normal you could make a hard that's around 2.8-3.3* and have a nice spread. This is more work, but it gets you a nice spread imo.

I hope you can give me a good and honest response and not try to reject everything for the purpose of escaping to ranked. I would like to see this spread improved before this gets ranked and I honestly think that you could do better.

I apologize in advance if any of my words are hurtful or disruptive. I have no intention to purposefully dq your map. Thank you for your time.
I understand what you mean about the spread. I will probably go with option 2 and turn advanced into a hard.

pkhg wrote:

the only issue i have with advanced is using different spacing for 1/2s
02:03:799 (3,4,5) - spacing is the same for 1/1 and 1/2s here
02:05:756 (1,2,3) - different spacing for same gaps
also this 02:28:582 (5,1) - 02:54:669 (4,1,2,3) - those overlaps too tricky for this difficulty

these arent the only ones but you get what i mean
I pretty sure the spacing issue was brought up once. I'll fix it when remapping.

kobolddragon wrote:

Is this disqualified mapper Cyllinus?
the real
defiance
once you have turned advanced for a hard, pm me. I will mod it and try to help you as much as I can
Pachiru
watashi bruuuuh
Lasse
disqualified since mapper wants to make changes
Custard
Oof, guess we'll be waiting a bit longer
stq
change the ar of the top diff its not 2015 anymore zzz
Nao Tomori
The ar of the top diff is fine learn to play.
stq

Nao Tomori wrote:

well i have no trouble playing it lmao

but high ar feels nicer on maps like these
huu

stq wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

well i have no trouble playing it lmao

but high ar feels nicer on maps like these
learn to read lower ar lol, ar9 isnt even that low
kbd
every map should be ar 10 or ar 8.5 so I can farm them.
Topic Starter
Cyllinus

stq wrote:

change the ar of the top diff its not 2015 anymore zzz
confuseh
disqualified rage emoji
edit 2018-05-09: 👏 get to work cyllinus 👏
edit 2018-05-31: pls
intiaz
Why does it rain, rain??
Pachiru

Nao Tomori wrote:

oof...

gl cyllinus
chip dinner
is it ranked yet >:|
huu
Cyllinus no, pls don't give up so quickly :(
Namki
Call me as soon as u're ready with replying mods and fixing stuff, I'm still willing to nominate it!
Natsu
AR is fine, just call me once namki rebubble it
Darkknes
uff pls ranked
show more