show more
Green Platinum
Get an FP7-EMP
zwoots
But you're not decent at all.
gregest

yeah...
Knit_old_1
Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller. The patterns in 7key mania were not made for a keyboard, they were all made to be played with a controller like those of the Beatmania IIDX machine that are only located inside of glorious South Taipei. Controllers get pretty expensive though, the cheapest controllers possible are old PS2 controllers, those still go for like $80 USD. I would recommend you save up money and buy an FPS-DAO. These are very expensive though, you should just stick to 4key.
B1rd

jayysen wrote:

Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller. The patterns in 7key mania were not made for a keyboard, they were all made to be played with a controller like those of the Beatmania IIDX machine that are only located inside of glorious South Taipei. Controllers get pretty expensive though, the cheapest controllers possible are old PS2 controllers, those still go for like $80 USD. I would recommend you save up money and buy an FPS-DAO. These are very expensive though, you should just stick to 4key.
so wrong...
gregest
F1rstLove is using a keyboard
Knit_old_1

B1rd wrote:

jayysen wrote:

so wrong...
That's for o2jam and not osu!mania, osu!mania is not like o2jam at all. And besides, even if people can learn how to play with a keyboard (which I do not recommend), they are not going to learn as fast as controller players.
Green Platinum

jayysen wrote:

No they are not lol.
Proper controllers are a more authentic experience and that is it.
edisk
Pretty sure you won't be able to play maps above 5stars with a controller... Unless you got some really ripped fingers/hands
drum drum
Moved to the osu!mania subforum
Drace

jayysen wrote:

Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller.
lolllllllllll, controller is not required for 7k play AT ALL, and the charts here are mostly made FOR keyboard players too. Damn, the few that believes that are freaking hilarious. You know that easily over 90% of top players in all VSRGs (yes including lr2/bms, the game that was actually made "for" controller play) are keyboard player rights?

What you use to play is mostly if not entirely irrelevant to your skill, some top players play on the shittiest 2$ gel dome keyboards and still wreck the leaderboards on a daily basis. You shouldn't blame your lack of skill on such superficial things. Just practice and get better.
Pinecone

jayysen wrote:

If you hate to say it, then don't say it.
This post made me realize how powerful ignorance can be.
Akihiro
Don't expect to be comfortable with the game in less than 100 plays 8-)
Everyone struggles with the spacebar, but it's really convenient, playing with your pinky is really tricky compared to your thumb.

Also don't play autoconverts, you won't learn anything from them.

-------------

And ... how in the world people get the idea that you need a controller. Did you ever lay hands on one ?
It's not some goddamn holy superior peripheral, playing with those require an entire different set of skills.
Different pattern reading and execution, hand positioning, acc/combo compromises etc...

I play with both, they are two entirely different ways to play the game.

And HF playing LN charts with a controller lmao
Karuta-_old_1

jayysen wrote:

Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller. The patterns in 7key mania were not made for a keyboard, they were all made to be played with a controller like those of the Beatmania IIDX machine that are only located inside of glorious South Taipei.
what makes you think of that? the controller and keyboard are both different things and both of them are fine for their respective games and I can even play the same chart on both devices and is actually harder with the controller if you have charts that forces you to hold the buttons

besides by the standard placement of fingers on keyboard are 9 keys and you can find the 7 keys which is the default setting for o2jam and osumania! and people even have the perception that people who plays o2jam types their keyboard in the right manner because of this

o2jam is not much different than osumania! other than osumania! is more skinnable and requires more precise aim
And the precise aim gets more demanding as you use more keys

Even if people can learn how to play with a keyboard (which I do not recommend), they are not going to learn as fast as controller players.
So basically you are telling me I am losing out because I cannot find a controller in my area?

#ontopic

I don't think 7k is hard because you can't do it, it is because 7k requires you to familiarize yourself with 7 keys instead of 5 keys which takes more time to adapt and with more keys there will be more patterns to get used to so it really takes more time (probably 7 times more than 5 keys) to actually play on the same level

and if you really want to do well in 7K, try to reuse the same keys for 4,5 and 6 keys and maintain the same posture/stance or whatever
projectc1

jayysen wrote:

best comment so far m8, i'll give you 12 / 10

well, BTT (back to topic)
tips ? just play a lot.
if you cant use spacebar, just use your pinky. if you're not getting used it, then back to spacebar.
rinse and repeat.
Flanster
Getting used to spacebar is not impossible, practice makes it all work.
This is coming from a 4K/5K/6K DJMAX player, who never used to spacebar except for fever.
- Yuuto -

jayysen wrote:

jayysen wrote:

That's for o2jam and not osu!mania, osu!mania is not like o2jam at all. And besides, even if people can learn how to play with a keyboard (which I do not recommend), they are not going to learn as fast as controller players.
u wot m8
#BestComments2015

OT :

The answers are always

1.Experiences...
2.Don't get bored so soon...
3.And practice a lot.

The more you play, the faster you will get used to do 7K. The less you give up, the soon you will make it. And the more you practice, the more perfect you will be.

Additional : You can even become a pro just with a cheap rubber dome keyboards, not a controllers, controllers are just make you suck in 7k.
lenpai
Controller + LNs = rip

Srsly tho. Practice. Just practice. This is coming fron someone who had to play 7k for 2-3 months to be at equal with his (third person speaking ftw) 6k skills. Spacebar is used for 7k.
Fee_old_1

jayysen wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcIQlq- ... e=youtu.be
Dracokain
Getting a large arcade controller to play would just be for wanting an authentic feel while playing rhythm games. I miss playing IIDX because you cant find the arcade machine anywhere anymore. You can excel at this game with a keyboard with no problem at all using a regular run of the mill keyboard, the only thing that may get in the way is if you cant push 7 keys at once.
juankristal
Please avoid necroposting...