1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
show more
posted
But you never actually look at the whole approach circle (except really low ARs). Thats why if you simply reduced its size to what you actually can catch it will make everything easier because at that moment you can see it it will be slower.
posted
The object still appears at the same time, I for example don't look much the approachcircles, but the hitcircles
Speed of the approachcircles doesn't matter to that
posted
Im sick of repeating same thing over and over again. Just dont cry if it gets implemented. hahaha lol nope
posted
You know you're the only one against it, right?
posted
Apperently my own thread got bumped, and I didn't even get an email notification :/ Anyway...

HK_ wrote:

Bad idea. Would make higher ARs easier. Would be same as asking for custom AR on every map.
This is idea has nothing to do with changing AR. The AR depends on the rate the approach circles appear compared to when you need to hit them. This is just asking to allow a size change. This means that smaller approach circle will get smaller slower and huge approach circles get smaller faster to compensate for the rate from the time which they appear to the time to which they need to be hit.

HK_ wrote:

He also said that he wanted smaller approach circles that go faster not larger.
Wait... what?
posted

abraker wrote:

This means that smaller approach circle will get smaller slower and huge approach circles get smaller faster
Exactly that is the problem what im talking about. Because lets say you focus at approach circle when it traveled half of the distance already. If you actually set starting distance to be the half of the original its approach rate will decrease and like that you get lower AR which is easier to read.

If nothing else at least you arent trying to change the laws of physics like others...
posted

HK_ wrote:

abraker wrote:

This means that smaller approach circle will get smaller slower and huge approach circles get smaller faster
Exactly that is the problem what im talking about. Because lets say you focus at approach circle when it traveled half of the distance already. If you actually set starting distance to be the half of the original its approach rate will decrease and like that you get lower AR which is easier to read.

If nothing else at least you arent trying to change the laws of physics like others...
What does this have to do with the laws of physics?

Approach rate is difficult at higher values because of the time you have to react from when the circle appears, not due to where the approach circle is.
posted
HK_, I believe your understanding of AR is not right. Can you define "approach rate" for me just to be sure we are on the same page, please?
posted
This should help you understand how it will work HK_

http://puu.sh/iuzHj/34f7ec81ef.mp4
posted
^ Nice! Added to the first post!
posted
im neutral on this, maybe everything is fine as it is now lol.
posted
Excellent idea! :) Supp